Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey there! Bethany Seddon introduced me to this site when we were talking in Uni one day. I'm Colleen! I'm studying Theatre design in Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I've performed/been involved in theatre for the most part of my life, and coming to cardiff meant I had to leave a lot of that behind. I'm kinda hoping to get involved backstage/in the background in some bigger scale theatre...on any level...just as a way to keep one foot in the door so to speak. I just crave more experience and activity in local theatre...so that's why I'm here.

I don't really know where to start, so if anyone could help me out I'd be really grateful!

Drop me a line!

Colleen
hi all
it looks like everyone is having fun on this site - there is a definite 'occurence of dialogue' - which i'm always up for...
my name is Rabab Ghazoul, i'm a visual artist based in Cardiff with a strong theatre and performance background, having started out working as a director and making theatre in this city around 15 years ago. Around 2001 my work moved more into a more visual arts based practice, continuing to draw upon site, text and narrative but also alongside video and installation work. There's still a performative element within the work i make; and i suppose i'm particularly interested in notions surrounding 'text' and textuality, and the ways in which we construct and manufacture public and private texts. I'm showing some work at g39 gallery tomorrow for a couple of weeks, which draws on a certain public engagement, a traverse around the city and a question about happiness:
http://www.g39.org/cgi-bin/website.cgi?place=exhibitions&id=309
in the longer term, I hope to engage in some of the creative dialogue that's been brewing in these quarters...
Hi,
I'm new to this site and thought I'd do a quick introduction...may turn into a lengthy one! Apologies.
I'm Marc Antolin, an actor. Born and raised in Port Talbot. Left Wales about 4 years ago to train at Arts Ed, London on the musical theatre course. I graduated last year and have been keeping busy doing shows in London and Regional Theatres.
Am very excited about the National Theatre Wales, as it's a new way of getting Welsh talent recognised both in Wales and well, everywhere really. Bravo to that!
Hello. I am a Welsh Actor who graduated two years ago from Trinity College with a BA (First)in Theatre Studies and Performance. When I'm not playing with my band Fluff TonGuE, liberating small towns and villages with our groove covered brand of Punk/funk/grunge rock I'd like to think of myself as a jobbing Actor. No matter what the job title just the chance alone to work with the National Theatre of Wales would be like playing rugby for Wales. This is a great opportunity for Wales which can at last showcase to everyone the depth of talent we have in this country! Now to the bar!!!
Hi, I'm Dawn Woolley - a Visual Artist based in Cardiff. I moved here about 18 months ago after finishing an MA in Photography at the Royal College of Art.

I am trying to develop my practice into installation and performance at the moment and I'm currently working on a series of installation / performances called Visual Pleasure. I received funding from Stiwdio Safle to develop the work and I am now looking for possible venues - and assistance of all kinds!

At the moment I am planning to produce one of the performances on a traditional theatre stage - and one in a shop window. If anyone has any ideas for locations and venues I would be very grateful!
thanks
dawn
Brilliant Dawn, love the photos of your work on your profile! Will you let me know when your show is on so I can come and see it? And maybe this network is the perfect place for finding assistance?! x
Brilliant to hear about your PhD, congratulations and fantastic that you want to combine sound and theatre practice in one. Hope you enjoy this social network x
Hi my name is Moe im a Web Developer/Designer live in la
and i love the work on this website . it inspire me to try harder .
I am Rhys Jennings. I am an actor, recently graduated from Royal Welsh College in July 09. I have just finished working with the BBC Radio Drama Company for five months.
Hello!
I'm Lyndsay, a performer and 'deviser of theatre'. I love new work especially physical stuff and anything that makes me laugh out loud. I'm here to take part...
Hi Everyone, I'm Alice and I am an actress. I grew up in Cardiff and then lived in Manchester, Birmingham and London. But I decided that life here was very friendly so I moved back. I did the post grad at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in 2000 and have worked in theatre and tv since then (as well as teaching to pay the bills sometimes...) I've come a long way since being a geography teacher in West Bromwich - although playing a bat inspector in Coronation Street maybe isn't such a journey.
I am very excited about being part of the National Theatre of Wales and I hope that I get to work with lots of the people on here soon.
A bat inspector? Reminds of the time we were on a school drama trip, to the Barbican I think, and a bat fell into your hair when one of the teachers opened the skylight thingy. ooh, what a memory.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service