Monologue Slam - The Masterclass

Event Details

Monologue Slam - The Masterclass

Time: May 9, 2015 from 2:30pm to 6:30pm
City/Town: Cardiff
Website or Map: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…
Event Type: acting, masterclass
Organized By: Laura Fay Thomas
Latest Activity: May 5, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Tutor – Game of Thrones actor, Gary Pillai.

Supported by National Theatre Wales TEAM, this Masterclass is FREE!

MonologueSlam UK Masterclasses are part of TriForce’s continued drive to promote and develop talent. These workshops are open to all, whether you’ve auditioned for MonologueSlam UK before or not. So if you’ve been selected to perform at the Slam, or are still waiting for your chance, these workshops are for you as we believe that EVERYONE should have the opportunity to grow. Please be aware these workshops are robust and are aimed at stretching you as performer by introducing you to new ideas and techniques. The workshop is a fun, interactive and constructive session over four hours with a short break.  The focus of the session is to analyse the quality and control of your monologue performance, highlighting strengths to build on and weaknesses to avoid or eliminate. You will need to prepare a 1 minute or a 3 minute monologue to work on during the class.

The workshops are divided into two sessions:

Session I – 2 Hours

Everyone will perform their selected monologue to the group, working closely with the tutor to receive one on one feedback on their choices and performance. This is vital to making sure you get the most out of your performance – there’s no substitute for an external eye!

Session II – 2 Hours

After a short break you’ll return to the room to work through exercises (unique to each tutor) which will help develop your skills and your approach to your selected monologue. This is a big part of the workshop, introducing participants to new techniques that directly impact upon their monologue and which they can apply to their work in the real world, in auditions and performance.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Monologue Slam - The Masterclass to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on April 23, 2015 at 3:03

This event is now fully booked, if you would like to put your name down as a reserve email team@nationaltheatrewales.org

x

Comment by Anna Shaw on April 15, 2015 at 3:52
I've booked my place. Thanks Laura.
Comment by Katie-anna Whiting on April 15, 2015 at 2:32

This sounds great! Thanks Laura Fay Thomas 

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on April 14, 2015 at 22:38
Comment by Anna Shaw on April 14, 2015 at 22:33
Really love to come to this. Hope there's a space for me.

Attending (5)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service