Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on April 22, 2015 at 21:49

Dear friends and colleagues old and new... much as I would love to come round and knock on everyone's door and tell them about my latest show...  to be honest I'm a little bit busy with it...

...hope some of you can come... but if you're too far away or already tied up, I hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm enjoying writing and directing it...

https://www.facebook.com/peter.cox.75839/posts/619725124831663:0

Comment by James Robert Auheb on April 16, 2015 at 1:18
'Someone Who'll Watch Over Me' is on tonight at St. David's Hall. It's an amazing play with three very talented performers, first night tonight, only £5 because you are a member of NTW! Just turn up at the box office and quote NTWSOMEONE

Elaine Paton came to see the dress rehearsal, read her blog post here...
http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/you-won-t-...
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on April 13, 2015 at 3:06

There will be a special workshop to coincide with Bara Bread by Carmen Medway-Stephens around 'new writing' and 'writing the story only you can tell' on 22nd of May Chapter Arts Centre and at Talgarth at the Mill on 27th of May.

Would you like to discover your story? Contact rodstephens@btinternet.com for further details

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on April 9, 2015 at 4:07

What shows are writers looking forward to this year?

Comment by Kit Lambert on March 30, 2015 at 2:59

Story Writing Competition – Machynlleth Comedy Festival

Would you like to have your story performed at Wales’ finest comedy festival?  This year we are pleased to announce the very first Mach-a-nory Story night at the Machynlleth Comedy Festival, on Saturday 2nd May 2015.  As part of the event, we are looking for original stories, around ten minutes long (no longer than fifteen please), that we can give to one of our team of professional actors/comedians to perform.  The night will raise money for a wonderful local charity as well as being lots of fun for festival-goers.

If you’d like to get involved, we are looking for funny, irreverent stories, modern fairy tales or twisted fables, as dark or bonkers as you like as long as they can be performed in front of a mixed audience of young and old.

The three best stories will be chosen as winners to be performed on the night.  As we are looking to raise as much money as possible for charity, there is no cash prize BUT the winners will receive a camping pass for the festival and a ticket for the festival comedy showcase, where the best comedy acts will be performing.

Please email your stories to us at kitlambert@hotmail.co.uk by midday on Friday, 17th April 2015.  Winners will be contacted/announced by 25th April 2015.  Any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch.  Good luck!

Comment by Gethin Evans on March 25, 2015 at 2:33

New writing opportunities at The Sherman, take a look! http://www.shermancymru.co.uk/writing/

Comment by Terry Victor on March 22, 2015 at 0:45

A gift to celebrate spring from Notional Theatre: https://youtu.be/zVGi73UXI0Y Enjoy.

Comment by Efa Twm on March 11, 2015 at 3:32

It’s My Shout Productions is calling for short film scripts for its flagship series of short films. Both new and established writers of all ages are welcome to apply.

With almost 14 years of experience under its belt It’s My Shout is one of the foremost training schemes for talent, both in-front of and behind the camera, in Wales. Aiming to develop the skills and experience of our trainee film makers as well as making high quality films – It’s My Shout has won four BAFTA Cymru Awards.

The successful writers will be chosen to work with It’s My Shout, BBC Cymru Wales and S4C to develop a ten minute script each. The writers will receive industry mentoring and script work-shopping. The script will be developed and produced before being broadcast on either BBC Cymru Wales for English language films, or S4C for Welsh language films. Selected script writers must be available for regular script development meetings in Wales throughout pre-production, (intermittently during April to May 2015). For Welsh language scripts the devlopment process will be in collaboration with a Welsh community, as well as through workshops and script-writing mentoring.

Since we are looking to reflect modern Welsh communities and culture in the widest possible sense – strong Welsh connections are important. Applicants must either have been born in Wales, or be current residents.

We want to source new, original ideas and imaginative scripts, which will entertain and inspire our audiences. This year we are looking for as wide a variety of scripts as possible, you could write a romantic comedy, period drama, a gritty piece of social commentary, or even a musical! So don’t be scared to use your imagination.

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO READ THE DETAILED CALL OUT & FOR AP...

Comment by Rob Keeley on March 9, 2015 at 0:08

Hi everyone, just joined the community and the Writers group.  Looks great!  My name's Rob Keeley and I'm a dramatist, novelist and short story writer keen to get into theatre as well as film and TV.  I also do author workshops.  Visit my profile or www.robkeeley.co.uk to find out more. 

I'd be interested in any offers relating to writing for the theatre and have a sample of work available on request.  I'm about to send it to National Theatre Wales' "ideas" address. 

Look forward to meeting and networking with you all!

Rob

Comment by Kelly Jones on February 25, 2015 at 0:23

Hey Everyone :)

Myself and technologist Linda Sandvik were award a Writing Platform Bursary to work on a project together that makes text as important as the tech that goes with the project , heres our first blog post :) 

http://www.thewritingplatform.com/2015/02/statues-sheds-and-soup-er...

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service