The Peoples Think Tank

Information

The Peoples Think Tank

The People’s Think Tank is an interdisciplinary group of problem-solvers; artists, NTW TEAM members, members of the communities of Wales

The Think Tank’s aims are to:

• give a collective voice for the people of Wales, around issues of democracy and politics, arts and culture;
  • pursue tangible outcomes from the Big Democracy Project;
  • encourage a new collective voice; and to
  • help shape the next phase of The Big Democracy Project.

They will do this by:

• working within the Big Democracy Project to listen and contribute to conversation;
  • learning, analysing, and sharing ideas online;
  • holding periodical online debates;
  • presenting some of their findings to the National Assembly in March 2016;
  • react to government policy, proposals, papers and recommendations; and
  • influencing the direction of the Big Democracy Project;

If you’d like to join the People’s Think Tank, please contact Gavin Porter at gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org or 02920 353 070.

There’s no criteria – anyone can become a member, anywhere in Wales.

Members: 50
Latest Activity: Feb 16, 2017

Discussion Forum

When will the Establishment and party leaders hear the cry of the voiceless? 2 Replies

I spoke to a young British man the other day who was born and raised in Wales and who's children are born and raised in Cardiff ' who said to me I'm having sleepless nights lately as I'm worried…Continue

Started by Yusuf salaban mohamed. Last reply by Yusuf salaban mohamed Apr 23, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Peoples Think Tank to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 28, 2015 at 23:20

Im about to listen to Youth Leaders Debate, should be interesting

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/youth-leaders-debate/on-demand/6...

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 28, 2015 at 3:46

We have just shortlisted for Mid Wales Big Democracy.

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 27, 2015 at 22:08

Submissions are closed for the Mid Wales round of the Big Democracy. Myself,Ali,Roiyah,Christina and Laura are shortlisting this afternoon. The three ideas chosen will then be put online for public vote next week

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 27, 2015 at 2:47

National Gallery staff begin week-long strike over privatisation.

Workers take industrial action this week in protest at ‘cynical’ plans to sell off visitor services

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/20/national-gallery-st...

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 27, 2015 at 2:31

I've written a post asking who I/You/we should vote for and I'd love to hear who you are voting for, or not.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/who-should...

Comment by Sara Rees on April 26, 2015 at 23:33

Hi Everyone,

This Saturday, before the General Election, I will be doing a participatory artwork called DEMOCRACY in Newport. I am looking for a couple more volunteers to engage people in conversations about democracy. Please email me if you'd like to get involved - reessara@hotmail.com   Thank you :)

Comment by Alison Neighbour on April 24, 2015 at 2:45

Yes, it's a shame the finished version isn't touring in Wales - maybe it will do the rounds again.

Comment by Steve Grant on April 23, 2015 at 23:54

Interestingly, that Coney show is one that NTW was involved in the development of.

Comment by Alison Neighbour on April 23, 2015 at 20:36

Hi everyone, if you get the chance you should go and see Coney's show Early Days of Better Nation http://coneyhq.org/2014/09/12/early-days-of-a-better-nation-2/ - it's a really interesting opportunity to have a go at being a leader yourself, and also weighs up the issues of different types of leadership/democracy, and how to fix a country. It's 100% interactive and on the night I saw it people were more passionately involved than I have ever seen in a theatre before. It's not touring in Wales but if you can travel to one of the venues it's well worth it.

Comment by Devinda De Silva on April 22, 2015 at 6:06

Liberland - Man sets up his own libertarian nation.

A new country has been established (seriously) and its motto is 'To live and let live'.

Members (49)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service