The Peoples Think Tank

Information

The Peoples Think Tank

The People’s Think Tank is an interdisciplinary group of problem-solvers; artists, NTW TEAM members, members of the communities of Wales

The Think Tank’s aims are to:

• give a collective voice for the people of Wales, around issues of democracy and politics, arts and culture;
  • pursue tangible outcomes from the Big Democracy Project;
  • encourage a new collective voice; and to
  • help shape the next phase of The Big Democracy Project.

They will do this by:

• working within the Big Democracy Project to listen and contribute to conversation;
  • learning, analysing, and sharing ideas online;
  • holding periodical online debates;
  • presenting some of their findings to the National Assembly in March 2016;
  • react to government policy, proposals, papers and recommendations; and
  • influencing the direction of the Big Democracy Project;

If you’d like to join the People’s Think Tank, please contact Gavin Porter at gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org or 02920 353 070.

There’s no criteria – anyone can become a member, anywhere in Wales.

Members: 50
Latest Activity: Feb 16, 2017

Discussion Forum

When will the Establishment and party leaders hear the cry of the voiceless? 2 Replies

I spoke to a young British man the other day who was born and raised in Wales and who's children are born and raised in Cardiff ' who said to me I'm having sleepless nights lately as I'm worried…Continue

Started by Yusuf salaban mohamed. Last reply by Yusuf salaban mohamed Apr 23, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Peoples Think Tank to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on May 8, 2015 at 2:26

Well....who would have predicted that.

Comment by Ali Zay on May 7, 2015 at 2:26
Some good debates going on. Meanwhile all over the media parties are running wild for votes. I'm yet to find a party who I can wholeheartedly attach myself to. My friends are embarrassed to tell me who they're voting for, to be honest I don't think they know why their even voting.
Some optimists others pessimistic.
May 7th. Is this the big one?
Comment by Gavin Porter on May 7, 2015 at 0:01
Comment by Christina Handke on May 5, 2015 at 23:58

Simon shared this on Facebook this morning and I love it. Brings everything to the point and gives a good overview. In the light of tomorrows chance, I hope everyone goes and has a voice. Preferably a well-informed, non-right one, if you were to ask me. 

http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2015/05/02/britain-for-the-love-of-go...

Comment by Gavin Porter on May 5, 2015 at 22:44

@Sophie yes that a great idea and something we can definitely look at doing. One of my questions is how can we ensure that the Senedd event is 'Cardiff-centric' and involve people from across Wales. 

Comment by Gavin Porter on May 5, 2015 at 22:41

Hi everyone, voting is now open for the Mid Wales round of the Big Democracy Project, please cast your vote and spread the word.

http://nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project#midwalespropo...

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 30, 2015 at 23:57

What do you think?

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 30, 2015 at 22:51

Ed Miliband rules out a Labour deal with the SNP - I'm shocked

Comment by Sophie McKeand on April 30, 2015 at 3:38

I'm really interested in the event at the Senedd in March 2016 as this is a fantastic opportunity for us ordinary people to really have our voices heard. Zoe's diagram over on the Big Democracy group page really helped me get to grips with the focus of this project (which I think is great btw).

I'm particularly inspired by: 'using arts as a form of political participation', 'combining performance with debate' and 'join forces to make changes' YES!

With this in mind perhaps I could run a series of poetry workshop at the Senedd day? I'd love to encourage people to be creative in their response to political issues. We could join people's lines together to create one great HOWL poem? Perhaps we'd film the various participants reading their lines and then edit it together to make one large film poem that goes online after the event?

Just thoughts!

Cheers :)

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 29, 2015 at 23:15

Im sure most of you know about or have watched this interview. I wonder what anyone thinks?

Members (49)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service