Hi All,

I am currently shadowing the Stage Manager position with National Theatre Wales who you probably already know are working alongside Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru on Marc Reess' production of '150 Patagonia'. Day 1 of my NTW placement was a joy as being a completely new face, I was a little anxious as well as excited to get started with rehearsals, however both Devinda, Fiona and other members of NTW made me feel at ease and extremely welcome!
Today we had the initial meet and greet where there were so many new people to get acquainted with, and as I found out a lot of people involved in the production behind scenes on what seems to be quite an intimate story-telling piece. Beginning with a formal meet& great, which consisted of both Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru, NTW including myself introducing ourselves to everybody, this aspect was enlightening as it enabled everyone to familiarise themselves with who is doing what roles on the production as well as the Performers in the actual show.
Marc who's the Creator of the piece '150 Patagonia', then briefed the entire company on the back story of the play and his visions. I was then surprised at the pace in which the process moved when the company then split off into two sections and the rehearsal process got underway! Throughout the weeks I will be experiencing an array of duties that go into a production in particular the Stage Managerial role, which although daunting at first, I am extremely excited to be experiencing and hope to rise to the challenge!

See you all tomorrow!

150Patagonia Rehearsal Day 1

Views: 189

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Devinda De Silva on June 9, 2015 at 5:55

great to have you involved in {150}

Comment by Anna Poole on June 9, 2015 at 2:27

Thanks for sharing this Natasha, sounds like you had a great first day. 

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service