Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Claire Louise Prosser on July 7, 2015 at 2:46
101 Outdoor arts intensive sounds amazing. Sadly and not sadly, I'm working in Venice arts biennale during that time, this isn't boasting, it's more like I want to do a million things at once sort of comment. Will def keep an eye on 101 in the future!
Comment by Kristoffer Huball on July 7, 2015 at 2:20

Hello all, 

I'm currently working on the residency below between Monday 21st – Friday 25th September and have some bursaries available for NTW community participants. The whole week is valued at £500. Earlybird is £250 with £300 full price but I have got a bit of funding together to offer it out at £180 if you write me a nice letter... I wanted to give people on here the first nod.

- kristoffer.huball@cornexchangenew.co.uk

101 and Red Earth invite you to join a group of 12 artists to explore and extend your practice in the context of landscape-based work.

You will be working and living together as a group over five days, free to respond to the Greenham Common landscape through both your own practice and through collaboration with the other participants.Taking Greenham Common as our starting point, we will explore how to develop work that is responsive to site, how different locations can offer inspiration through their archaeology, history, geology and ecology. Collaborative work can lead to unimagined combinations through discussion, shared practice and experimentation. This programme invites you to go beyond your comfort zone, discover new skills and collaborate with other artists to create new work, without the pressure of an audience.

This 5-day intensive will appeal to emerging and established artists and professionals working in the arts world: visual artists, performers, musicians, technicians,interested in extending their skills and practice in the context of outdoor installation/performance, and who are intrigued by the challenge of collaborating with artists working in other art-forms.  

Red Earth

With 25 years of site-specific work behind them Red Earth's approach is cross-art form, cross-cultural and interdisciplinary, their unique portfolio of work crosses several creative boundaries, with work ranging from site-specific installations to landscape-sweeping performance journeys, linked by an integrity of approach and attention to detail that makes their work unique in the world of outdoor arts. As practising artists, directors and producers they offer a wide and knowledgeable perspective on the hands-on process of creating outdoor site-specific performance.

101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space

Based on the former USAF Greenham Common cruise missile base, this 10,000sq ft warehouse with on-site fabrication workshop, artists village of twelve refurbished caravans and rehearsal facilities is a major new centre for artistic residencies, creation of new work for public spaces and innovation in site specific and outdoor performance.

Comment by Yvonne Murphy on July 7, 2015 at 1:55

OMIDAZE SUMMER SCHOOLS - I am giving away SIX FREE PLACES on this year's Summer Schools and I need help to reach young people in receipt of Free School Meals who will benefit from the experience. The deadline for scholarship applications is this Friday 10th July. All Summer Schools are in Penarth & Cardiff. Please circulate to teacher friends and parents and young people. details of courses below. There are two Full Scholarships for each course. Anyone interested (for both scholarships & paid places) needs to email me y.murphy1@ntlworld for an application form.

Thanks for your help!
Yvonne
x

THE SHAKESPEARE SUMMER SCHOOL for 7 - 11 year olds & THE YOUNG ACTORS SUMMER SCHOOL for 12 - 15 year olds.

Course dates:
20th - 24th July Albert Road Methodist Church, Penarth (Shakespeare for 7 - 11 year olds)
27th - 31st July Stanwell School, Penarth (Young Actors for 12 - 15 year olds)
3rd - 7th August In Association with Chapter Arts Centre

The Shakespeare Summer School & The Young Actors Summer School are one week courses, Monday to Friday
9.30am - 3.30pm

Cost per student £100.00 (£180 for two siblings)

Full Scholarship places available to young people in receipt of Free School Meals.

The Shakespeare Summer is an interactive, fun and physical introductions to the world of Shakespeare. We feel passionately about providing access to and ownership of Shakespeare through an exciting and totally interactive approach. We do not rehearse a production so no former knowledge or experience of Drama or Shakespeare is required.

The Young Actors Summer School for 12 - 15 year olds is a chance for budding actors to work with a professional theatre director on contemporary & classic texts, monologues, stage craft, audition technique & physical theatre.

TO BOOK A PLACE
Contact Yvonne on 07949 626538 for further information and an application form y.murphy1@ntlworld.com

Testimonials:

……“A great introduction to Shakespeare…Educational and Fun……As a parent I was impressed with how much they learnt….Excellent –professional and experienced….Brilliant! I didn't realise Shakespeare was going to be so good.”

‘‘My daughter has come home every evening enthused by what she has done and Shakespeare! We think this has been a very positive introduction to Shakespeare and also an enjoyable, fun learning environment"

Comment by Elaine Paton on July 7, 2015 at 1:51

Hi Kristoffer,  Please could you put up when the dates for this residency is.  Thanks.  I just tried to email you but it was returned.   Elaine

Comment by Ben Gummery on June 28, 2015 at 7:32

LOCATION NEEDED:

We need a room to film some interviews for an upcoming documentary feature about podcasting.

A recording/radio studio would be ideal but any room or studio that can be dressed to look good on camera would be great.

We are on a very low budget but we can offer a credit on the film and other promotional activity or some filming for you in return.

If you have such a venue or suggestions for location please email bengummery@btinternet.com

Filming on no more than 4 separate dates in 2015.

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on June 7, 2015 at 23:50

Hello all,

Just a message to let you know that we were inundated with people applying for the Early Bird offer on the John Nicholson Clown weekend residential workshop. There is now only one remaining spot in our artists caravan village left. The deadline has passed, so the fee is now £120 for the weekend, which is still pretty good though.

Thanks to everyone for all your interest, and really looking forward to meeting those who are coming. Lets get stupid!

http://cornexchangenew.com/events/info/clown-workshop

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on June 5, 2015 at 1:07

Just a heads up to anyone thinking about coming to the clown workshop with John Nicholson from Peepolykus at the 101 Outdoor Arts Creation space that the £80 early bird deadline cut off is today with the residential priced at £120 thereafter. All accommodation is included too.

Link to register here: http://cornexchangenew.com/events/info/clown-workshop

John is an experienced teacher of clown and physical theatre/comedy and is co-director of Peepolykus. Over the past 15 years he has run modules and taught summer-schools for a range of organisations including; The Circus Space, Circomedia, Bristol University, Rose Bruford, NYT, NYMT:UK, Lyric Hammersmith, West Yorkshire Playhouse, Inspiring Internsational Clown Doctor organisations. Directing includes shows for Spymonkey, Pickled Image, Le Navet Bete, Rik Mayall, Nina Conti, Paul Merton, Kevin Spacey Foundation. He is currently developing a physical comedy project for the BBC and writing a Radio 4 series that will be broadcast in Autumn 2015. He is directing the 2015 Christmas show at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol.

Comment by Becca Cox on June 4, 2015 at 0:48

It's becca@familiadelanoche.com byt the way if you want to get in touch. Sorry - still a bit asleep - need that paddling pool.

Comment by Becca Cox on June 3, 2015 at 23:55

EDINBURGH FESTIVAL ACCOMMODATION

We have a rooms available in our house at the Edinburgh Festival this year. 

We've rented a 6 bed four bath house which is about 20mins walk from the Royal mile. We've got 3 rooms available - some of which are ensuite (fancy!) and the house has a big lounge, big shared kitchen and a garden - we're thinking of getting a paddling pool. You'd be sharing with Familia de la Noche - we're an award winning theatre company and generally lovely people. We have the house from 3rd Aug to 1st Sept and prices are very reasonable for the full run of the festival.

Give me a shout if you'd be interested and want to find out more. 

All the best

Becca

Comment by Sarah Vaughan-Jones on June 3, 2015 at 10:04

Just 2 days to go till the debut performance of TIME:LAPSE at the Gate Theatre, Friday at 7.30pm.  An interactive fusion of live music, film and dance. Make sure you've got your ticket! 

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/time-lapse

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service