Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Claire Louise Prosser on August 14, 2015 at 6:02

Call out to participants to be part of performance workshop/research about coexistence..

We are human beings. A species of mammal on this earth. We have primitive needs and requirements to survive. We coexist.  What do these things mean in the modern day? What are human relationships built on?

I am really excited to be developing some workshops, sessions, actions that is part of some research of mine into new ways of working as an artist, producer, collaborator, human being. I am looking into creative collaboration around themes of needs, cooperation and coexistence. Much of my work previously has always been about navigating a space, about our relationship to our environment and paying attention to human behaviours or movements. I am treating this workshop as hopefully one of many experimental processes.

Without going into too much detail yet, the workshop will involve working together, moving together, leaning on each other, writing together, speaking and not speaking, eating together and being silent.

This will happen…

On: Sunday 30th August 2015

We will: Arrive at 10.30am for an 11am start

At: Wales Millennium Centre, Preseli Room.

An will cost: nothing (thank you WMC!)

The first workshop will be responding to an interview that I saw on television recently. A man was holding a bird of prey. The largest of three sea eagles on earth. The interviewer asked what their relationship is built from. He answered with three elements. Trust. Food and Routine. We will explore these three things. It may take us one day to (un)cover one of these things. It may take us 30 minutes for each. What I know is the starting point, the content is up to us all when we are together.

Please could you confirm your attendance by Sunday 23rd August. If you are unable to attend please let me know if you would like to be included in future updates of this project.

Claire Prosser

clairelouiseprosser@outlook.com

www.byclaireprosser.com

Comment by Claire Louise Prosser on August 14, 2015 at 5:55

Call out for participants in workshop for research...

We are human beings. A species of mammal on this earth. We have primitive needs and requirements to survive. We coexist.  What do these things mean in the modern day? What are human relationships built on?

I am really excited to be developing a series of workshops, sessions, actions that form part of some research of mine into new ways of working as an artist, producer, collaborator, human being. I am looking into creative collaboration around themes of needs, cooperation and coexistence. Much of my work previously has always been about navigating a space, about our relationship to our environment and paying attention to human behaviours or movements. I am treating this workshop as hopefully one of many experimental processes.

Without going into too much detail yet, the workshop will involve working together, moving together, leaning on each other, writing together, speaking and not speaking, eating together and being silent.

This will happen…

On: Sunday 30th August 2015

We will: Arrive at 10.30am for an 11am start

At: Wales Millennium Centre, Preseli Room.

An will cost: nothing (thank you WMC!)

The first workshop will be responding to an interview that I saw on television recently. A man was holding a bird of prey. The largest of three sea eagles on earth. The interviewer asked what their relationship is built from. He answered with three elements. Trust. Food and Routine. We will explore these three things. It may take us one day to (un)cover one of these things. It may take us 30 minutes for each. What I know is the starting point, the content is up to us all when we are together.

Please could you confirm your attendance by Sunday 23rd August. If you are unable to attend please let me know if you would like to be included in future updates of this project.

Claire Prosser

clairelouiseprosser@outlook.com 

www.byclaireprosser.com

Comment by Rowan Talbot on August 11, 2015 at 3:56

Call Out for Performing Artists/ Filmakers/ Theatre Makers / Live Artists / Community Groups / Comedy

We are looking for people to be involved in our Black History Month Programme in Cardiff in the form of film, music, drama, storytelling, dance etc. 

We are particularly interested in hearing from Black artists and performers but also those with a connection to our themes of ‘Strong Black Women’ with a Welsh/Local link.

If you know of anybody who may be interested in showcasing their talents, please send details to fran@fizzievents.com or rowantalbot@fizzievents.com

Comment by Gavin Porter on August 4, 2015 at 2:42

Hi all, we are now accepting ideas for the west Wales round of the Big Democracy Project. I'll be travelling around west Wales in the coming weeks so please get in touch if you'd like to meet up.

https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project

Comment by Julia Thomas on July 23, 2015 at 6:53

Wanted: sound / video / scenic designers

Supported by The Arts Council of Wales, Canoe Theatre are looking for three designers to work on a design concept for Three Tall Women by Edward Albee.

Canoe are embarking on an R&D project to create a design concept for the play Three Tall Women by Edward Albee. The project will consist of several days of workshops at Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli, working with Director, Julia Thomas, actors and a production manager, culminating in a sharing with invited guests.

We are looking to fill the following roles:

• Scenic Designer – must have experience of incorporating video in to a design
  • Video Designer
  • Sound Designer

Selected candidates must be available for some / all of the following dates: Friday 7th August and Monday 10th – Wednesday 12th August

Fee: £84 per day

Expenses towards travel and accommodation offered.

If you are interested, please email canoetheatre@gmail.com including your CV and examples of your previous work.

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on July 23, 2015 at 3:33

Hello all, just a reminder that the deadline for £180 bursaries for the 101 Outdoor Arts Week long residential program with Red Earth is next week - July 31st - After this date the workshop will be at £300 full price £250 Earlybird. All accommodation and some meals included.

Kristofferh@cornexchangenew.co.uk or 01635 582666 if you need anymore info

Comment by Rowan Talbot on July 22, 2015 at 9:04

SCRATCH PLATFORM 6 

We are still have slots available for SP6 this Sunday - 7.30 - Four Bars.

If you have some work to share and you would like a 10 minute slot email rowan@fizzievents.com.

Here are some details...

Do You Want To Perform at our Birthday Scratch Platform?

10 min slots now up for grabs - Performance Art, Live Art, Comedy, Cabaret, Experimental Music, Spoken Word...

Try something new or breath life into older work. We always have a fantastic, supportive and generous audience. Get feed back AND IT'S FREE!!

If you don't want to perform come along and enjoy an utterly brilliant Sunday night with a pint.

Comment by Becca Cox on July 19, 2015 at 5:51
Hi,
Just a quick note to let you know about the Welsh previews of our new Edinburgh show The Very Grey Matter of Edward Blank at Pontardawe Arts Centre on 28th July 2015 at 2pm and 7.30pm. We're really excited about this show and it's shaping up to be a cracker so we'd love to see you there. Tickets are here:
Blurb is below, If you miss us in Wales, you can catch us at Wiltons Music Hall in London on 31st July and then at the Assembly Roxy for all of August. Hope to see you there!
All the best
Becca

Familia de la Noche

Presents

The Very Grey Matter of Edward Blank

Edinburgh Preview - Pontardawe Arts Centre 28th July 2pm and 7.30pm

Edward Blank is extraordinary.  

An exceptional literary talent and ghost writer, Edward Blank has the ability to change Mills and Boon into James Joyce before breakfast. His radical rewrites and astounding editing means that demand for his work is so great his letterbox clatters non-stop with tapes for transcription and Edward never leaves the solitude of his tiny magnolia flat.

But Edward is far from alone. Emerging from his fractured conscience is an anarchic family of imagined characters, each with a hook in Edward's life that pulls him deeper into fantasy. Each day the circus begins anew and Edward seems happy in his ordinary-extraordinary existence until, one day, a voice on an audio tape changes everything.

Following the 5-star success of The Greatest Liar in all the World, Familia de la Noche create a hilarious, heart-breaking story of madness and lost love using their signature style of dark comedy, clowning, live music and storytelling.

Comment by Simon Coates on July 14, 2015 at 22:18

Opportunities for Directors in Pontardawe

Here for details: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/young-dire...

Comment by Catherine Dyson on July 13, 2015 at 8:50

Hello everyone, if you have a spare moment, please sign the online petition to protest the threatened closure of South Street Arts Centre in Reading. It's a brilliant venue with an inspiring programme. Its closure would be a huge loss.

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service