Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Rowan Talbot on August 18, 2015 at 0:11

Call Out for Performing Artists/ Filmakers/ Theatre Makers / Live Artists / Community Groups / Comedy

We are looking for people to be involved in our Black History Month Programme in Cardiff in the form of film, music, drama, storytelling, dance etc. 

We are particularly interested in hearing from Black artists and performers but also those with a connection to our themes of ‘Strong Black Women’ with a Welsh/Local link.

If you know of anybody who may be interested in showcasing their talents, please send details to fran@fizzievents.com or rowantalbot@fizzievents.com

Comment by Justin Walters on August 13, 2015 at 21:31
Hi Susan. Have forwarded my c.vfor the role of Handel Rogers.
Thanks.
Comment by Susan Kingman on August 13, 2015 at 21:21

Casting for Short Film

We are currently looking to fill the following roles for a short film we are shooting this month. The film is part of a feature film we hope to shoot in 2017 called Scarlet & Red.

The Stand - based on a true story
1957 – Llanelli’s pride and joy, the Scarlets, are playing a ceremonial match against a combined Oxbridge XV. But with tensions rising and dissent in the ranks, in this rugby battle between the Toffs and the Taffs there’s more than just pride at stake.

Written by Paul Jenkins and Daniel McGowan
Directed by Daniel McGowan
Produced by James Lucas and Daniel McGowan
Production Assistant Susan Kingman

The Roles:
Handel Rogers - Club Chairman
Male, early 40s
Passionate Scarlets fan through and through. Can be authoritative but also has boyish enthusiasm
3-4 days filming

RH Williams - Team Captain
Male, late-20's
Old-school bruiser. A man of action rather than words. A gentler giant off the rugby pitch.
Height - over 6 ft.
2-3 days filming
George - Oxford Blues
Male, early-mid-20's
Affable and earnest. A small but vital role.
1-2 days filming.

Overall Dates: 24th - 28th August Location: Port Talbot & Cardiff
Corrwg Productions: http://www.corrwgproductions.co.uk/current-projects

This is an unpaid opportunity, but promises to be a high quality project, with some excellent cast already secured. Possibility of leading to paid work on next project. Expenses will be covered.

*We will also be requiring SA's for this project, so please do get in touch if interested and available.

Comment by Rowan Talbot on August 11, 2015 at 3:43

Call Out for Performing Artists/ Filmakers/ Theatre Makers / Live Artists / Community Groups / Comedy

We are looking for people to be involved in our Black History Month Programme in Cardiff in the form of film, music, drama, storytelling, dance etc. 

We are particularly interested in hearing from Black artists and performers but also those with a connection to our themes of ‘Strong Black Women’ with a Welsh/Local link.

If you know of anybody who may be interested in showcasing their talents, please send details to fran@fizzievents.com or rowantalbot@fizzievents.com 

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on July 30, 2015 at 11:50

AUDITIONS for Shakespeare's epic masterpiece OTHELLO, takes place at Chapter Arts Centre, August 15th/16th (Sat/Sun) from 10-5.

Rehearsals:
Oct/Nov/Dec, 3 times per week 

Performance:
Jan 17th-23rd, main theatre at Chapter Arts Centre

Director's note:

'During the rehearsal period great emphasis will be placed on a physical approach to releasing 
Shakespeare's verse, with a playful, non intellectual
approach to voice and text using current
exercises and techniques taught by the RSC,'

Geraldine Watson, Director. (RSC Open Stages Director, 2012 - 2014, 2014 - 2016)

(due to the size of the cast required, this is a non-paid production)

To book a slot, or for any questions, contact:

roguez-theatre@hotmail.co.uk

Comment by Conor Clarke McGrath on July 29, 2015 at 3:46
Hey Gemma that sounds great.Please send me an email at conor.clarkemcgrath4@gmail.com once you've figured out the details.
Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on July 28, 2015 at 4:28

Hello Alan,

This sounds interesting. Fortunately I am neither blind or partially sighted but if circumstances dicate that you will be considering offering it out to fully sighted applicants then I would be happy to hear some more.... Regard  Nigel

Comment by Alan Humphreys on July 28, 2015 at 1:13
Comment by Marie Westcott on July 27, 2015 at 23:20

I would encourage any professional actor and those students wanting to pursue a career as an actor, to join Equity. It gives you a voice in the industry, and essentially protects you when it comes to working regulations and contracts.

I have also found it incredibly useful with regards to networking. At the Cardiff branch, we regularly hold workshops/seminars with top industry people (workshops are always discounted for Union members). 

The Cardiff branch have a facebook group and twitter account:

Equity South Wales and General Branch

@equityswgb

You could get in touch with Simon Curtis, and enquire about student membership:

Wales and South West England
Simon Curtis, Wayne Bebb and Mair James 
Third floor, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9SD
Tel: 029 2039 7971   Fax: 029 2023 0754
Mobile: 07798 750 254
Email: wales@equity.org.uk, cymru@equity.org.uksouthwestengland@equity.org.uk

Or, I'm sure your course tutor at University would have information on joining. All in all, I would certainly recommend it.

Comment by Rosemary Anne Brown on July 27, 2015 at 8:32
thank you marie i aint a part of equity would it be worth it to sign with equity

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service