Information

Rethinking Education

A group for anyone who wants to help us develop an NTW approach to education.

Members: 140
Latest Activity: Feb 1, 2022

Our Manifesto

To act as a catalyst in creating new networks to stimulate debate across arts, education and beyond

To provide a forum to discuss education in a language that encourages fresh and innovative ideas

To develop leaders and advocates from a range of backgrounds, working throughout the whole education system

To focus on creating long-term solutions to the problems of the formal education system

To encourage cross-curricular dialogue to promote the benefits of the arts at all stages of the educational experience

Come join us.

Discussion Forum

Creative Schools: what's happening out there? 2 Replies

The creative schools/ creative practitioners project has been running for about 2 school years now. I was so enthusiastic about its aims when launched at the Arts Council Wales event. I think the…Continue

Started by Bill Hamblett. Last reply by Martin Daws Apr 16, 2018.

Sharing - Rethinking Education for the 21st Century 1 Reply

http://shar.es/131gVNNesta posted this on twitter this morning. It is an article written by Naveen Jain called School's Out For Summer. It was originally posted…Continue

Started by Jain Boon. Last reply by 4elements1 May 31, 2015.

Going forward

What if there is a way to take any discussion group to impact the future, involve the group and conversation , by discussion, attitude, interaction be it voice visual impact, more engagement allows…Continue

Started by Gary Morris Feb 27, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rethinking Education to add comments!

Comment by Sophie McKeand on September 24, 2015 at 1:30

Blog I wrote proposing some radical changes to community arts in education:

https://goglife.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/a-radical-proposal-for-com...

Cheers! x

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on September 17, 2015 at 22:37

Hi all, the most enormous thanks to everyone who attended the West Wales meeting this week - it was a really beneficial and interesting meeting, which has given us lots to think about.  We are now happy to announce that the second meeting will be held in North Wales at the end of October: date and venue to be confirmed.  If you are interested in attending please let me know as we would love to see you there!  Diolch x

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on September 14, 2015 at 23:20

This afternoon is our first Regional Rethinking Education Meeting - with West Wales being our first area covered.  If you are interested in coming along you are still welcome to do so, please let me know.  Don't forget that you can add any thoughts to this page whenever you find a spare minute.  Many thanks!

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 10, 2015 at 3:45

Come and share your opinion on education reform, health and social care or what can be done to make positive changes at 4pm on the front page of this community site community.nationaltheatrewales.org 

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 8, 2015 at 22:00

As you may know we are now in the voting phase of the Big Democracy Project  nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project and we have arranged for an online conversation with people involved with the three shortlisted ideas.

Social Care, Education Reform and What can be done

This chat will happen on NTW’s community site community.nationaltheatrewales.org at 4pm on Thursday 10th September

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on September 8, 2015 at 4:03

One week to go until our first Regional Rethinking Education Meeting - with West Wales being our first area covered.  If you are interested in coming along, please let me know and don't forget that you can add any thoughts to this page whenever you find a spare minute.  Many thanks!

Comment by Gavin Porter on August 20, 2015 at 5:21

Only five days left to submit idea for west Wales #BigDemocracy, please get in touch if you have questions

https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on August 13, 2015 at 2:38

I agree Bill - there will be an opportunity for you to be creative - I'm hoping this meeting will be about sharing and actively participating - it certainly won't be about everyone passively listening!

Comment by Bill Hamblett on August 4, 2015 at 0:54

A theme of making things seems to be emerging. Making with hands as with Satish Kumar's Head, Heart and HANDS philosophy, Charles Leadbeater's" young people should go to school to make things. The music that Ben Tniswood pointed us to and our work in making theatre. Theatre as a physical and constructive, co operative event. it is not just Kinetic learners that benefit from active learning, movement is shown to enable us to embed learning and help make meaning in a teaching environment. I suppose we would be missing a trick and doing a disservice this process if the meeting in Haverfordwest was just sitting down to listen.

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on August 3, 2015 at 9:49

From Charles Leadbeater writing in The Observer on 12 Ideas that could help save the Labour party: "Education has become a 16-year apprenticeship in diligently delivering the right answers at the right time, when it needs to prepare young people to be adaptive, persistent, collaborative problem solvers, capable of coping with uncertainty with only limited resources.  Above all, young people should go to school to make things - films, software, food, products, art - and learn how to earn a living while also passing exams."  Absolutely!  It's time for a massive expansion in creative, vocational learning.

Members (140)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service