Information

Word4Word

A platform for creative words of any kind to be shared and enjoyed. From spoken word to lyrics to fiction to monologues to mini-devised theatre. We want your interpretation...

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 187
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2016

Discussion Forum

Word4Word Event 23 January at 7.30pm Clwb Y Bont Pontypridd 2 Replies

Where is this advertised?  Not long to go!!!Continue

Started by Louise Rees. Last reply by Louise Rees Jan 10, 2013.

Word4Word Event Takeover: 15th September 5 Replies

Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the…Continue

Started by Natalie Stone. Last reply by Natalie Stone Sep 6, 2011.

Word4Word Cancellation 3 Replies

A group can't flourish can it if cancelled at last moment -Thurs. 11/08 - no notice given?This doesn't say much for the organisation behind it or confidence in the arrangements in my opinion.GBContinue

Started by Gillian Brightmore. Last reply by abdul shayek Aug 14, 2011.

Word4Word is back! 5 Replies

15 artists. 5 minutes each. £2 entry.After the successful first event last month, Word4Word is an open mic event for any spoken word performer or writer to come and…Continue

Started by Mark Blayney. Last reply by Gillian Brightmore Aug 13, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Word4Word to add comments!

Comment by Fio on October 13, 2016 at 2:08

Hi  All! 

There are some spaces for poets / spoken word artists at an event at Porters bar this Saturday. Frank Thomas will be hosting. 

We are bringing people together to talk about race inequality and poverty. 3pm - 7pm. The spoken word section will be in the middle of this time. 

Stand Up To Racism, Hope Not Hate and Pride Cymru will be at the event. 

If you are available would be great to get a few more people along to support this great cause. 

contact Shane@wearefio.co.uk

Comment by Frank Thomas on September 1, 2015 at 1:21

Just wrote a little Blog about Word4Word going to Llanelli Give it a read if you fancy :)

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/ntwteams-word4word

Comment by Christopher Young on April 23, 2015 at 1:36

Hello Everyone - I'm putting together a line up of Spoken Word artists for a night in the Penarth Pier Pavilion on the 18th of September. Looking for anyone who may be interested in performing. If you are intrested or if you know anyone who might be then please do get in touch - young443@hotmail.com - would llove to get a diverse line up so whatever you do, please get in touch!

All the best - Chris Young

Comment by Kit Lambert on March 30, 2015 at 2:58

Story Writing Competition – Machynlleth Comedy Festival

Would you like to have your story performed at Wales’ finest comedy festival?  This year we are pleased to announce the very first Mach-a-nory Story night at the Machynlleth Comedy Festival, on Saturday 2nd May 2015.  As part of the event, we are looking for original stories, around ten minutes long (no longer than fifteen please), that we can give to one of our team of professional actors/comedians to perform.  The night will raise money for a wonderful local charity as well as being lots of fun for festival-goers.

If you’d like to get involved, we are looking for funny, irreverent stories, modern fairy tales or twisted fables, as dark or bonkers as you like as long as they can be performed in front of a mixed audience of young and old.

The three best stories will be chosen as winners to be performed on the night.  As we are looking to raise as much money as possible for charity, there is no cash prize BUT the winners will receive a camping pass for the festival and a ticket for the festival comedy showcase, where the best comedy acts will be performing.

Please email your stories to us at kitlambert@hotmail.co.uk by midday on Friday, 17th April 2015.  Winners will be contacted/announced by 25th April 2015.  Any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch.  Good luck!

Comment by Rosey Brown on January 23, 2015 at 2:41

Hi all,

Those of you who work with (or are!) young people - if you know anyone aged 12-18 with an interest in performance poetry, rap or MCing, we've got a great opportunity to take part in a workshop with Wales' Young Person's Laureate, Martin Daws. 

The workshop is on Wednesday 18 February, 4 – 6pm in Lefel 1 at St David’s Hall, and costs just £7.  This includes entry to see him perform in the evening at 7pm, and a chance to perform in the open mic.  Reduced prices can potentially be offered for those struggling with the cost, please do give me a call on 02920 878573 or email rosey.brown@cardiff.gov.uk to have a chat if you'd like. 

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/slam-poetry-worksh...

Comment by Frank Thomas on January 21, 2015 at 10:48

Hey I just put up the new NTW TEAM Word4Word Event have a look guys it's a great oppertunity as I mentioned in my blog (a comment down) :)

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/ntw-team-s-word4wo...

Comment by Frank Thomas on January 19, 2015 at 6:21

Hello Guys,

Thought I'd let you know about this great opportunity to do some workshops with the spoken word artist Polarbear.

Anyway I wrote a little blog explaining more so give it a read if you're interested.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/team-s-opp...

Comment by Frank Thomas on July 22, 2014 at 2:20

Word4Word is on the 14th and is going to be amazing :) 

Pop along if you can make it :)

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/word4word-cardiff-1

Comment by Anna Poole on April 28, 2014 at 2:58

Calling performance poets and spoken word artists!!

TEAM are holding another Spoken Word and Performance Poetry workshop and we are lucky enough to have Joshua Idehen coming from London to deliver it.

'Joshua Idehen is a mercurial poet, founder of the highly acclaimed poetry group A Poem Between People and leader of ‘fro-funk band Benin City. He’s also promoter of some of the coolest London poetry/music nights, 10kk and poejazzi.'

To find out about Joshua's work check out the his TEDxYouth talk, Latitude 2013 and performance at Westminster Arts Library.

This will be held at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 6th May, 6pm-8pm.

If you would like a place on the workshop please email team@nationaltheatrewales.org. There are limited places available and we will be operating on a first come first served basis.

Comment by Anna Poole on March 16, 2014 at 23:14

Opportunity for Spoken Word and Performance Poets

http://www.ideastap.com/Opportunities/Brief/Call-for-Performers--Ba...

Members (184)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service