National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:08

Parallel Lines Day 2: Cup of Tea with NTWTEAM

Fabulous cuppa with NTWTEAM Assistant Laura today... even though I am always on NTW Community and checking out current posts I have never appreciated just how easy it is to connect with TEAM and access the opportunities and events so expect a few more posts from me so I can tell you all about the things coming up- I am already excited to attend the next TEAM Workout and Skill Swap and encourage anyone even with the vaguest hint of an idea or those who wish to network to check out the info below and get involved! 

TEAM WORKOUT AND SKILL SWAP

Do you have an idea/script/dream, which you’re not sure how to get off the ground?  Are you looking to get involved in new projects and find new collaborators?  Are you a theatre-maker 
who’d like to meet other theatre-makers and play for a day?  Answer yes to any of these questions and Workout is for you.  Taking place at a variety of locations around Wales, it's a day long event which gives creative people a chance to get ideas off the ground and meet fellow theatre-makers.  

As well as a chance to work on participants’ projects, the day includes a Skill Swap session.  This gives you a chance to find the help you need when you need it, in return for helping others out on their projects. A wide range of skills are encouraged from acting, directing, cake baking to photography, unicycle riding or singing . . .the list goes on! The balloons and sweets come free. 

This session will take place at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff.  All welcome - just email team@nationaltheatrewales.org to let us know you're coming and if you can join the TEAM group here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oes gennych chi syniad/sgript/freuddwyd, a ddim yn siŵr beth i wneud nesa’? Ydych chi eisiau cymryd rhan mewn prosiectau newydd a dod o hyd i gydweithwyr newydd? Ydych chi’n greawdwr theatr a fyddai’n hoffi cyfarfod â chreawdwyr theatr eraill a chwarae am ddiwrnod? Os yr ateb yw ‘ie’ i unrhyw un o’r cwestiynau yma, mae Workout yn berffaith i chi. Mae’n digwydd mewn amryw o leoliadau o amgylch Cymru, yn parhau drwy’r dydd a’n rhoi’r cyfle i bobl greadigol rannu eu syniadau a chyfarfod â chreawdwyr theatr eraill.

Ynghyd â’r cyfle i weithio ar brosiectau cyfranogwyr, mae fydd sesiwn Skill Swap yn cael ei gynnal. Mae hwn yn rhoi’r cyfle i chi ddod o hyd i’r cyngor sydd angen arnoch chi, wedi i chi helpu pobl eraill gyda’u prosiectau nhw. Bydd amryw o sgiliau megis actio, cyfarwyddo, pobi cacennau hyd at ffotograffiaeth, canu neu seiclo unicycle… mae’r rhestr yn ddiddiwedd! Mae’r balŵns a losin am ddim!

Croeso i bawb - jyst e-bostiwch team@nationaltheatrewales.org er mwyn rhoi gwybod i ni eich bod chi am ddod.

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:06

Parallel Lines Day 1

Feeling like the first day of school, director Catherine Paskell (who I met at the interview) is an absolute dream at putting me at ease. The team is larger than I thought (Director, Producer, 4 cast members, Production manager, Writer, Designer, Lighting Designer, Sound Designer, Design assistant, Marketing Manager, Audio Describer and Chapter staff) but all incredibly welcoming. After a quick introduction of names/ roles we have an introduction from Catherine on Dirty Protest’s ambition to create a company of adventure, belonging and love. I hadn’t realised the script had gone through a three year process of development including research and development since I saw the production in 2013.

I caught myself wondering what makes Catherine a good director? We were only a few minutes in and I had complete faith in her. I concluded it required someone warm, approachable and enthusiastic who makes every member of the team feel valued for turning up and appreciating every individual’s role and effort. Communication is key; make eye contact with every single person in the room and smile!  

What is planned for ‘Parallel Lines’?

-A tour including audio description and touch tour of the set, costumes and maybe even personal characteristics of the performers to ensure the performance is accessible for audience members with limited vision. Recordings were made for the audio programme also.

-A 30 second trailer. Conversations commenced about whether this could include a deleted scene? Dirty Protest are trying to avoid the typical theatre trailer or showing scene sections and make it more like an advert for a film but without giving too much away. I can’t wait to see it!

-Play in a Bag writer’s workshops (check out the Events section on NTW Community for info) where emerging or established writers across Wales have the opportunity to workshop, create and see their work performed by professional actors. This opportunity is available in English and Welsh.

There is so much more to Dirty Protest than performing new writing- they are a company supporting local artists and trying to make theatre and training accessible. What a privilege it is to be able to see them at work.

After introductions we start an initial read through. Already the casting is perfect (with two returning cast members from the 2013 production) and the reading captivating, humorous and inspiring.

What is different?

-It is now set in the present tense whereas the 2013 production was set 3 months after so instead of seeing the character’s reactions to the event we are seeing them experience it first hand. This has enhanced Julie’s role (Simon’s wife) and her relationship with Simon is much more developed.

-The set is now expressionistic with no off stage area. A table and some chairs are all the performers have. How will this affect a production that was previously (2013 Chapter production) naturalistic?

- The final scene! I am so glad this has been included but no spoilers so you’ll have to come and see for yourselves! 

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on October 1, 2015 at 4:32

October has began, which means only one thing . . .

2 weeks until TEAM Performance Party in Wrexham!

Come and join us . . .

Undegun, Regent Street, Wrexham, LL11 1SG

15th October 2015 7:00pm 

The TEAM Performance Party is a chance for existing and new TEAM members to get together and enjoy a night of performance, discussion, live music, great food and drink and much more. This is your chance to share what YOU want from TEAM & NTW in your area and find out how YOU can get involved. 

For more info join our TEAM Performance Party event page

Comment by Catherine Paskell on September 30, 2015 at 10:42

Hello TEAM!

We're looking for writers to join our gang!

Dirty Protest is hitting the road with our new show Parallel Lines and we want YOU to come along for the ride!

Dirty Protest are taking advantage of our upcoming road trip around Wales to introduce ourselves, meet the wealth of writers dotted all over the country and to celebrate the diverse and exciting theatre voices we have here.

We strive to create exciting new work and new writing by collaborating with established AND wannabe writers.

Since 2007 Dirty Protest Theatre have produced numerous sell-out new play nights and have worked with over a hundred writers and we’re hungry and eager to work with more!

If you're a writer, or someone who has never written a play before, you can participate in our FREE upcoming workshops happening in 4 venues across North, South and West Wales. Then have your play performed professionally.

You'll develop a new script with our Crack Team of professional DP writer, director and actors. Then you'll have your play performed in your local venue that same evening by our lovely, hunky, talented, team.

Take a look at this blog here to find which venue is near you and the dates we'll be in town. Then email us to join in!

We are looking forward to working with you.

Catherine and all at DP x 

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on September 29, 2015 at 22:41
August 012 have a number of discounted tickets especially for TEAM members for the preview of Yuri!
This offer is now live at Chapter box office for the 7th  October.
There are 10 tickets for the English preview and 10 for the Welsh preview. 
The Welsh starts at 7:30pm and the English at 9pm.
The tickets are £5 rather than £12.
You will need to call Chapter box office and say NTWTEAM.
More info on the event page
Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on September 25, 2015 at 2:00

National Theatre Wales and Wales Millennium Centre are looking for a Participation Director for City of the Unexpected- a city wide celebration of Roald Dahl's centenary in September 2016! Could this be you?

Read more in Hannah's blog for more info!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on September 24, 2015 at 5:24

Hi TEAM, Here's a message from Terry Chin at Positively Ponty . . .

We would like to invite everyone but especially writers to our Fun P
alace on the 3rd and 4th of October. Saturday and Sunday, and Its all FREE!! The Sunday afternoon session will host our Science Hub In the Clwb where we will meet scientists to spark off creative conversations that will be carrying on over the next few months with the British Science Association. We will be making time on the Sunday afternoon to look at work already produced in the Writing Science project with Fun Palaces and starting creative collaborations locally for a new project developing into the new year. Sunday also sees a Hip Hop session at 2pm led by Rachael Miller and the afternoon ends with an amazing Calypso performance at 5pm from Mary Anne Roberts....so plenty to join in with ! Saturday. Please also come to Clwb Y Bont on Taff st and Pontypridd Museum on Bridge st on Saturday 11-4pm for a free interactive exhibition and creative demonstrations with volunteers from the British Science Association. Thanks Positively Ponty @positivelyponty wwwfunpalaces.co.uk

Comment by Michaela Nutt on September 22, 2015 at 5:41
'Create' has launched this great new study to research diversity in the arts:
http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/sep/21/panic-survey-diversi...

I completed it the other day and it is super-easy and quick. I encourage everyone to complete it.

It covers your and your parent/parents educational and working background in order to determine whether a career in the arts is accessible to people of only certain privileged backgrounds. As someone who from an underprivileged background who has achieved their creative ambitions, I feel it is important to highlight the difficulty of this. Studies such as this will then help us make the case for programmes like TEAM - so contribute if you can! xxx
Comment by Nia Wyn Skyrme on September 21, 2015 at 9:41

Hi TEAM,

We are thrilled to be able to offer TEAM members reduced priced tickets for only £5 for the preview of our production 'Yuri, on October 7th.
The Welsh show starts at 7pm and the English at 9pm.
There are 10 tickets available for the English preview and 10 for the Welsh preview.
You need to call Chapter box office (02920 304400) and say NTWTEAM
Also keep up to date on our Assistant Director, Elgan Rhys' blogs who has been supported by a bursary from NTW TEAM.
@August0121
#YuriCymru
Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on September 17, 2015 at 3:14

Are you an aspiring performer?
Join Jukebox Collective this Saturday 19th September for a day of FREE, Workshops, classes, performance and more!

https://www.facebook.com/events/139053976437814/

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service