Producers Place #5: Theatres as Producers @ Aberystwyth Arts Centre

Event Details

Producers Place #5: Theatres as Producers @ Aberystwyth Arts Centre

Time: November 10, 2015 from 11am to 3:30pm
Website or Map: http://www.aberystwythartscen…
Event Type: network, event, for, producers
Organized By: Producers Place Network
Latest Activity: Nov 10, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Theatres As Producers: What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing

Tuesday Nov 10th 1100-1530

Free, including lunch

The Producers Place network is back with an event in partnership with Aberystwyth Arts Centre.

It’s a friendly and informative day-long event for anyone who is interested in or connected to producing in the performing arts, such as independent producers, venue producers, artist producers, artists and companies

Theatres and Arts Centres are producing because there is a shortage of suitable touring product and of independent producers in their area. They want to support artists and see producing as a valuable contribution. Venues also see that it is beneficial to be involved in the creation of work for their audiences. But do venues have the right skills, experience or capacity? And how do they develop this sustainably for the future? How do we share skills and experience – making links between the independent sector and venues?

1100 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Forum Sessions

An opportunity to share, chat, moan, rant, discuss and problem solve together with experienced producers on hand from the Producers Place steering group. You can get great advice, ask basic questions or have wider discussions on subjects such as Artists and Producers, Venues and Producers and The Role of Scratch Nights, Festivals and Sharings. 

1215 hrs:              Lunch

1300 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Panel Session

A panel discussion looking at different examples of producing and why people do it. Looking at in-house producing within venues to independent production outside Cardiff, this will take account of the strengths and weaknesses of current models with contributions from:

• Sharon Casey – Theatre & Arts Service Manager at Caerphilly Borough Council
  • Gareth Lloyd Roberts – Director at Aberystwyth Arts Centre
  • Sandra Bendelow – An independent producer with Scriptography Productions
  • Kate Wasserberg – Artistic Director at The Other Room

1430 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Q&A Session

Mel Scaffold is Company Producer at Theatre Bristol which has played a significant role in the emergence of Bristol as an artistic centre, transforming the city and building its capacity to work with artists. Mel offers bespoke support to companies enabling them to grow and develop strategically balanced with hands-on project producing. As part of this support, Mel currently works with Action Hero to help them plan and manage their work around the world and spends two days a week as Development Facilitator for Create Gloucestershire.

Producers’ Place is a network for producers in Wales. The network aims to strengthen links between people who self-identify as producers in the arts (whether they have that job title or not) to foster dialogue, share ideas and offer practical support to participants.

Contact Gill Ogden at ggo@aber.ac.uk  to book a free place or for further details.

Supported by the Arts Council of Wales

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Producers Place #5: Theatres as Producers @ Aberystwyth Arts Centre to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Ieuan Watkins on November 2, 2015 at 9:03

Hi Simon,

Would love to be there but unable to on this occasion due to other commitments.

Best wishes,

Ieuan

Attending (2)

Not Attending (2)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service