Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Rowan Talbot on February 1, 2016 at 3:26

Welsh Actor Required

Site Specific / Story Telling / Theatre

Strong Singing ability an advantage.

Male 35 - 65

Strong, passionate working man needed to bring to life a story of the Chartist march of 1839 in Newport, South Wales.

We are looking for a strong story teller and orator to bring the words to life and portray the character of a working Welsh man from the 1800’s.

Must have weight and gravitas.

You will receive the script/story in advance however there will be minimal rehearsal on the day. The performance itself will be short.

Welsh Accent Required - Newport or South Wales base an advantage.

Performance Day 5th March - Newport, South Wales. A few hours required on another day to potentially pre record some singing for the final performance.

Fee: £150.00 plus reasonable expenses.

Please email CV and photo to: rowan@fizzievents.co.uk 

Comment by Hannah Lloyd on January 29, 2016 at 3:20

CASTING CALL – ‘My Mouth Brought me here’

3 Crate Productions are casting their collaborative research and development project ‘My Mouth Brought me here’

We are searching for performers interested in exploring the theme suppression of freedom and expression. We will be looking at the different reasons why people move, migrate, flee, escape or leave their homeland in search of new abode. We are working with poet Eric Ngalle Charles and will be using his series of poems ‘My Mouth Brought me here’ as a basis for exploration.

Casting:

3 x performers (minimum 1 musician)

Strong devising skills

All actors able to create rhythm

Project Dates are from 23rd – 28th February 2016. Auditions and rehearsals shall all take place in Cardiff.

Pay £300

Please send CV and cover letter to hello@3crate.com

Comment by Emily Wilden on January 11, 2016 at 7:08

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get some new head shots done, but I am on quite a tight budget. Anyone know of any good deals? Or starting out head shot photographers looking for some practice?

Thanks,

Emily

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on January 4, 2016 at 2:02

I know it's not until May... but, I'm looking for people to come and play with me and the acclaimed French artist Olivier Grossetête to create a giant castle out of cardboard boxes in Newbury town centre. 

There are 8 drop in workshops being held at the 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space, and they are open to anyone aged 9 plus (under-16s must be accompanied by an adult) and you can attend as many workshops as you like. 

It is completely free to take part, and if you need or want anymore info please give me a shout at kristofferh@cornexchangenew.co.uk

Details here: http://cornexchangenew.com/events/info/the-peoples-tower-workshops

101 here: http://www.101outdoorarts.com/

Comment by Sianna Reader on December 29, 2015 at 1:49

Hi there, 

Does anyone know of any opportunities coming up in the Cardiff area within the New Year? 

Comment by Kevin McCurdy on December 4, 2015 at 0:26

Hey all, Doors are now open for the APC Summer Stage Combat Course 2016 in Sandwich in Kent.
This residential course covers Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Honours Levels, plus with the Film Course.
Course dates are from Saturday 23rd July and everybody leaves on Saturday 30th July. Exam day is on the 29th. The course includes 3 meals a day and is full residential. Workshops in the evening including: Guns (how to use a gun), Blood and various others.
£600 non A2A
£575 A2A
£550 non A2A Early Bird 31st March 2016
£525 A2A Early Bird 31st March 2016
Non residential price £400 (which will include lunch)
For an application form or details of the course please email Freelanceworkshops@gmx.co.uk

Comment by Emrys Barnes on December 2, 2015 at 11:05

New company Fucktons of Fairies are putting on our first play! Mark Ravenhill's Shoot/ Get Treasure/ Repeat is a punchy dark comedy, challenging the 'War on Terror', and we'll be raising money for the refugee crisis. Details below, hope you can make it!

Comment by Becca Cox on November 23, 2015 at 5:34

A little reminder about The Greatest Liar in all the World from award winning welsh company Familia de la Noche. Tomorrow @ Chapter. Workshop @ 3pm Show @ 7pm Tickets here:

http://www.chapter.org/node/37836

See you there!!

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/the-greatet-liar-i...

Comment by Becca Cox on November 18, 2015 at 1:55

Performer Workshop with Familia de la Noche

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November,  alongside performances of their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the World.

A bit about the Company:  We are a new theatre company based in Wales. A pandoras box of actors, dancers, puppeteers, clowns and musicians; we make work that is funny, affecting, devastating, charming and raucously entertaining. We have had several successful runs at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2013, 2014 and 2015 with great 5* reviews for our 2 current shows The Greatest Liar in all the World and The Very Grey Matter of Edward Blank. We were awarded the Blysh Commission by WMC in 2014 and at the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Festival we were awarded the ThreeWeeks Editors Award for our "consistently outstanding" work.

About the Workshop: The workshop is a chance for you to meet the company and for us to meet you. We’ll look at the way which we make our shows and our devising process.  We will also explore elements of clowning, physical theatre and puppetry which we use extensively in our work. The workshop will run from 3pm to 5pm on Tuesday 24th November. Tickets are £15 and are available from Chapter in person or over the phone by calling 029 2030 4400.

Would be lovely to see you there.

Becca

P.s Tickets for the show are limited too, so if you fancy coming book ahead! 7pm 24th Nov. x

Comment by Isabelle Paige on November 17, 2015 at 9:43
Just a reminder that this is happening tomorrow evening in Cardiff. It's free, and should be a fun and engaging couple of hours!
http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/free-performance-a...

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service