Information

Rethinking Education

A group for anyone who wants to help us develop an NTW approach to education.

Members: 140
Latest Activity: Feb 1, 2022

Our Manifesto

To act as a catalyst in creating new networks to stimulate debate across arts, education and beyond

To provide a forum to discuss education in a language that encourages fresh and innovative ideas

To develop leaders and advocates from a range of backgrounds, working throughout the whole education system

To focus on creating long-term solutions to the problems of the formal education system

To encourage cross-curricular dialogue to promote the benefits of the arts at all stages of the educational experience

Come join us.

Discussion Forum

Creative Schools: what's happening out there? 2 Replies

The creative schools/ creative practitioners project has been running for about 2 school years now. I was so enthusiastic about its aims when launched at the Arts Council Wales event. I think the…Continue

Started by Bill Hamblett. Last reply by Martin Daws Apr 16, 2018.

Sharing - Rethinking Education for the 21st Century 1 Reply

http://shar.es/131gVNNesta posted this on twitter this morning. It is an article written by Naveen Jain called School's Out For Summer. It was originally posted…Continue

Started by Jain Boon. Last reply by 4elements1 May 31, 2015.

Going forward

What if there is a way to take any discussion group to impact the future, involve the group and conversation , by discussion, attitude, interaction be it voice visual impact, more engagement allows…Continue

Started by Gary Morris Feb 27, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rethinking Education to add comments!

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on May 20, 2016 at 2:14

Thank you Rosey, this sounds fantastic.

If you are a teacher or are working with young people, we just wanted to let you know about a great opportunity surrounding our show, "Before I Leave" - on 2nd and 8th of June there will be post-show discussions with writer, Patrick Jones and emerging director Gavin Porter, which will offer a fascinating insight to the writing and rehearsal process.  Also, if anyone would be interested in bringing a group along for a backstage tour, we would be very happy to welcome you.  For more information please do get in touch, naomichiffi@nationaltheatrewales.org  

Comment by Rosey Brown on May 10, 2016 at 3:34

If anyone working with 14-25s could spread the word about Arts Active's summer project - it's free to participate and working with great organisations - Literature Wales, NoFit State, Earthfall Dance, Community Music Wales and more.  This year we're running a steering group to give young people even more input into the run up to the show and our first meeting is this Saturday:  http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/performance-first-...

Those interested can sign up on Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/performance-steering-group-tickets-2...

Comment by Bill Hamblett on April 27, 2016 at 5:28

We are still developing this withTim of sustainable schools  and just this minute seen a near to final edit of the video trailer  so this side of the Lightning Path resource almost is there but still making the rest fit the new - new - new curriculum.

Check our website soon....... I hope 

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on April 26, 2016 at 1:09

Hi Mark, it would be good to meet with you at your event in May to hear more about your project.  With regard to funding, there are numerous funding opportunities available through Arts Council Wales.  Let me know when your information evening will be, many thanks. 

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on April 26, 2016 at 1:05

Hi Bill, thank you so much for sharing, these sound like fantastic projects.  Do you have any more information on The Lighting Path resource?

Comment by Mark Lloyd on April 24, 2016 at 9:20

Hey everyone - just to introduce myself, I'm Mark, founder of Ingite Theatre and graduate from USW Newport Apploed Drama degree. I am currently working on a partnership with my company and London Bubble Theatre, to launch a drama intervention for children in KS1 with speech, language and communication difficulties in the Newport / South Wales area. We are holding an info evening sometime in May for any interested schools. I'd also like to to connect with anyone who may know where I can go for possible funding for projects like this. Thanks!

Comment by Bill Hamblett on April 13, 2016 at 22:16

Ann from Small World Theatr and Tim Brew who is schools advisor on sustainability for pembs are developing a teaching resource today in the Model school Carmarthen after pupils have seen our latest show The Lightning Path. Tim is also a scientist and ex teacher so this resource may be of interest to anyone dealing with sustainability in schools and teaching . Our previous resource concerning fishing is still available  on our site www.smallworld.ork.uk where you can alsoget details of our work with story telling in an intercultural project recently in Cardiff and west Wales schools devised with people from the West African diaspora.  ps my last two comments did not appear on this page ?? I'll check if this fails to pop up

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on April 12, 2016 at 8:33

Thanks for sharing Devinda, an inspirational project.

Comment by Devinda De Silva on April 12, 2016 at 4:39
Comment by Naomi Chiffi on April 8, 2016 at 3:33

Our next show, Before I Leave, will be a great experience for anyone age 14+ and we will be hosting post-show talks at the performances on 2nd and 8th of June.  If anyone is interested in bringing school or home educated groups along and would like a backstage tour, please do let me know.  Also, don't forget that you can now apply for the 'Go and See' fund to help with costs - as part of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme, the Arts Council of Wales' new funding stream will allow schools to apply for small one-off grants of up to £1,000 to fund visits to arts events in galleries, theatres, arts centres and other venues.

Members (140)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service