An Empty Shop project - looking for people to get involved

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for people to get involved in an empty shop project in Cardiff city centre. The idea is to turn an empty shop into a space for performance, storytelling and exchange for a weekend, using the shop in ways that are fun, surprising and thought-provoking. If the project is successful I’m hoping it it
might become a regular event. I’ve been contacting property owners who have
empty shops in the city centre at the moment and have been getting some
positive feedback about the project. I am looking for directors, performers,
storytellers, dancers, playwrights, community groups and anyone who might like
to get involved. If anyone is interested, please send me an email, to
lauramhowe at hotmail.com and I can get back to you with more information.

Thanks.

Laura

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds good, email sent!
Thanks Rhodri,

Your email has just made have a horrible realisation - if anyone has sent me an email and not put anything in the subject bar I've just assumed it's virus-bearing junk mail and ignored it....
IF ANYONE HAS SENT ME AN EMAIL AND NOT GOT A REPLY PLEASE RESEND IT WITH 'EMPTY SHOPS' WRITTEN IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!! I'M NOT BEING RUDE, I JUST THOUGHT YOU WERE A HIDEOUS VIRUS!

Thank you!
do you need mine sent through again?
No, I figured out yours wasn't a virus 'cos an email arrived at the same time from NTW saying you'd replied to the discussion. I'll be replying to you tonight hopefully. Thanks Rhodri.
Interesting article in TimesOnline about using empty shops as performance spaces "Bringing the theatre to the crowd-Shops left empty after the recession are being reinvented as theatre and gallery spaces to bring life into the community" http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/s...
Have you had many responses to your project then?
Well there's been a good mix of people and I'm still working on getting more and various people involved. It would be great to get people from different backgrounds working on stuff together...
Some really interesting ideas have been put forward that I would love to see happen, so will definately be trying to get more people involved!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service