These roles are now cast. For our current break downs see my latests blogs.. we're looking for highly skilled performers including unicyclists, parkour artists, Chinese Pole artists aerialists and more... 

CITY OF THE UNEXPECTED

Wales Millennium Centre & National Theatre Wales

Directed by Nigel Jamieson

17-18 September 2016, Cardiff city centre

National Theatre Wales is casting for various roles in City of the Unexpected.

Cardiff will celebrate the centenary of one of its most well-known sons, Roald Dahl, with an extraordinary weekend-long event, showcasing both his distinctive voice and the jewels of the city’s buildings, parks and its people. The city will be transformed into a place where the laws of physics and civic predictability will give way to the laws of magic, mischief and the unexpected.

Professional performers will work alongside thousands of volunteers to create epic outdoor events and intimate, unexpected moments throughout the city.

City of the Unexpected continues NTW’s tradition of collaborating with communities to create extraordinary theatre. All roles will involve aspects of working with non- professional performers and participants. We’re looking for generous company members who will enjoy working collaboratively and responsively.

If you’d like to be part of this spectacular production, have the specific experience outlined here, meet one of the below descriptions and are available for the relevant rehearsal and performance dates then please send your CV, a little about yourself and your headshot to casting @ nationaltheatrewales.org

THE MARVELLOUS MEDICINE MACHINE

GEORGE JUNIOR, Male, 41- 55 years

White/Black/Asian/Mixed-race /Other ethnicity
A genius seller with a high capacity to generate an endless selling pitch with more or less invented words. George Junior is not an expert in the medicine but a chancer and a salesman. He’s always on; telling anecdotes, singing songs, making jokes, chatting away with the crowd, he is the market crooner, desperately trying to make everything appear sleek.

GEORGINA, Female, 16-21 years
White/Black/Asian/Mixed-race/Other ethnicity

The geeky daughter of George Junior, introvert and nerdy, she instinctively knows how to make the medicine but reluctantly helps her father.

The George family (including George the elder who will be a participant) will operate the Marvellous Medicine Machine and interact directly with the public; the roles require a love of inventing words, worlds, machines and special effects that go wrong. 

Performers will have experience in street, promenade or audience-responsive work, will be skilled in devising, have a great capacity to improvise and be confident in interacting with and managing an audience.

A mastered Cardiff or Valleys accent and specific physical skills (circus, dance, magic etc) would be welcome but not essential.

DATES:
3 days R&D from 10th August 2016
2 weeks rehearsal commencing 5th September

Including production dates: 17th & 18th September 2016

THE THREE CHEFS

CHEF 1, Female or male , 41- 55 years, 

CHEF 2, Female or male, 21-35 years, 

CHEF 3, Female or male, 18-25 years, 

The chefs will explore back of house kitchen chaos and slick front of house theatricals; they’ll compete, show-off, invent recipes and make spectacle.

Physical virtuosity is desirable: any precise physical skills from juggling to magic tricks or breakdancing are welcome and will be utilised in driving performances.

Performers will have experience in street, promenade or audience-responsive work, will be skilled in devising, have a great capacity to improvise and be confident in interacting with and managing an audience.

Each chef is from a different region or country so any native or mastered accents are welcome. 

DATES:

3 days R&D from 15th August 2016

Including production dates: 17h & 18th September 2016

HEAD OF THE MINISTRY OF THE PREDICTABLE– Female, 45-55

Fierce and formidable in the vein of Dahl’s Miss Trunchbull.

Performer will have experience in street, promenade or audience-responsive work, will be skilled in devising, have a great capacity to improvise and be confident in interacting with and managing an audience.

DATES: 2 weeks rehearsal commencing 5th September

2 ARCTIC EXPLORERS – Female or male

We are especially keen to hear from Norwegian speakers and performers with native/mastered Scandinavian.

DATES:

2/3 days R&D – early August

NEWS ANCHOR – Female or male

The news anchor will keep viewers up to date as spectacle and surprise unfolds throughout the city.

The performer will have experience presenting and/or reporting to camera and be skilled in improvisation.

DATES: 1 week rehearsal commencing 12th September

THE INSECTS

LADYBIRD – Female

SPIDER  – Female or male

The Ladybird and Spider will wear beautiful full costume and be part of big celebratory public moments, performing outdoors to a large crowd with limited, if any, speaking.

Performers will have experience in street, promenade or audience-responsive work.

DATES: 1 week rehearsal commencing 12th September

All roles will be paid a company wage of £550 per week rehearse and play with additional remuneration for Sunday work (on the production weekend) where applicable. Relocation or commuting allowances, holiday pay and pension will be paid as per the Equity contract, where applicable.

CITY OF THE UNEXPECTED

Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru a National Theatre Wales

Cyfarwyddwyd gan Nigel Jamieson

17-18 Medi 2016, canol dinas Caerdydd

Mae National Theatre Wales yn castio ar gyfer rolau amrywiol yn City of the Unexpected.

Bydd Caerdydd yn dathlu canmlwyddiant un o’i feibion enwocaf, Roald Dahl, gyda digwyddiad anhygoel dros benwythnos cyfan, yn dangos ei lais unigryw ac adeiladau, parciau a phobl ysblennydd y ddinas. Caiff y ddinas ei thrawsnewid yn lle y mae rheolau ffiseg a normalrwydd dinesig yn ildio i gyfreithiau hud a lledrith, drygioni a’r annisgwyl.

Bydd perfformwyr proffesiynol yn gweithio ochr yn ochr â miloedd o wirfoddolwyr i greu digwyddiadau awyr agored epig ac enydau agos, annisgwyl ar draws y ddinas.

Mae City of the Unexpected yn parhau â thraddodiad NTW o gydweithio â chymunedau i greu theatr anhygoel. Bydd pob rôl yn cynnwys agweddau ar weithio gyda pherfformwyr a chyfranogwyr nad ydynt yn rhai proffesiynol. Rydym yn edrych am aelodau hael ar gyfer y cwmni fydd yn mwynhau gweithio ar y cyd ac mewn  modd ymatebol.

Os hoffech chi fod yn rhan o’r cynhyrchiad ysblennydd hwn, a bod gennych y profiad penodol a amlinellwyd yma, a’ch bod yn cyfateb i un o’r disgrifiadau isod ac ar gael ar gyfer dyddiadau’r clyweliad (os nodir hynny), ymarfer a pherfformio perthnasol yna anfonwch eich CV, ychydig amdanoch chi eich hun a’ch penlun i casting @ nationaltheatrewales.org

THE MARVELLOUS MEDICINE MACHINE

GEORGE JUNIOR, Dyn, 41- 55 oed

Gwyn/Du/Asiaidd/Tras gymysg/Ethnigrwydd arall
Gwerthwr athrylithgar gyda gallu gwych i hybu gwerthiant gyda geiriau gwneud. Nid yw George Junior yn arbenigwr yn y feddyginiaeth, ond mae’n fentrwr ac yn werthwr. Mae’n perfformio o hyd; yn adrodd straeon, canu caneuon, gwneud jôcs, siarad â’r dorf. Ef yw llywiwr y farchnad, yn ceisio gwneud i bopeth edrych yn slic.

GEORGINA, Menyw, 16-21 oed

Merch swil George Junior, yn fewnblyg ac yn llipryn, mae’n reddfol yn gwybod sut i wneud y feddyginiaeth ond mae’n helpu ei thad yn anfodlon.

Bydd y teulu George (yn cynnwys George yr hynaf a fydd yn gyfranogwr) yn gweithio’r Peiriant Meddyginiaeth wych ac yn rhyngweithio’n uniongyrchol gyda'r cyhoedd; mae’r rolau yn gofyn am gariad tuag at ddyfeisio geiriau, bydoedd, peiriannau ac effeithiau sy’n mynd o chwith.

Bydd gan berfformwyr brofiad o waith stryd, promenâd neu wrth ymateb i gynulleidfaoedd, yn fedrus wrth ddyfeisio, â sgiliau byrfyfyr ardderchog ar yn hyderus wrth ryngweithio gyda chynulleidfa a’i rheoli.

Bydd acen Caerdydd neu’r Cymoedd a feistrolwyd a sgiliau corfforol penodol (syrcas, dawns, consurio ac ati) yn ddymunol ond nid yn hanfodol.

DYDDIADAU:
3 diwrnod o ymchwil a datblygu o 10 Awst 2016
Pythefnos o ymarferion yn dechrau ar 5 Medi

Yn cynnwys dyddiadau’r cynhyrchiad: 17 a 18 Medi 2016

THE THREE CHEFS

CHEF 1, Menyw neu ddyn , 41- 55 oed, 

CHEF 2, Menyw neu ddyn, 21-35 oed, 

CHEF 3, Menyw neu ddyn, 18-25 oed, 

Bydd y cogyddion yn archwilio ffwdan ceginau cefn a thriciau slic blaen tŷ; byddant yn cystadlu, yn dangos eu hunain, yn creu ryseitiau ac yn cyflwyno sioe.

Mae gallu corfforol yn ddymunol: byddai unrhyw sgiliau corfforol da fel jyglo neu gonsurio neu freg-ddawnsio yn ddymunol ac yn cael eu defnyddio i yrru’r perfformiadau.

Bydd gan berfformwyr brofiad o waith stryd, promenâd neu wrth ymateb i gynulleidfaoedd, yn fedrus wrth ddyfeisio, â sgiliau byrfyfyr ardderchog ar yn hyderus wrth ryngweithio gyda chynulleidfa a’i rheoli.

Mae pob cogydd o wahanol ranbarth neu wlad felly mae croeso i unrhyw acenion gwreiddiol neu rhai a feistrolwyd

DYDDIADAU:
3 diwrnod o ymchwil a datblygu o 15 Awst 2016

HEAD OF THE MINISTRY OF THE PREDICTABLE– Menyw, 45-55

Cas a brawychus ar ffurf Miss Trunchbull Dahl.

Bydd gan y berfformwraig brofiad o waith stryd, promenâd neu wrth ymateb i gynulleidfaoedd, yn fedrus wrth ddyfeisio, â sgiliau byrfyfyr ardderchog ar yn hyderus wrth ryngweithio gyda chynulleidfa a’i rheoli.

DYDDIADAU: Pythefnos o ymarferion yn dechrau ar 5 Medi

2 ARCTIC EXPLORERS – Menywod neu ddynion

Rydym yn awyddus i glywed gan siaradwyr Norwyeg a pherfformwyr ag iaith Scandinafaidd wreiddiol neu wedi’i meistroli.

DYDDIADAU:
2/3 diwrnod o ymchwil a datblygu - dechrau Awst 2016

NEWS ANCHOR – Menyw neu ddyn

Bydd y cyflwynydd newyddion yn rhoi’r wybodaeth ddiweddaraf i’r gwylwyr wrth i’r sioe a’r annisgwyl ddatblygu ar draws y ddinas.

Bydd gan y perfformiwr brofiad yn cyflwyno a/neu ohebu i gamera ac yn fedrus mewn gwaith byrfyfyr.

DYDDIADAU: 1 wythnos o ymarferion yn dechrau ar 12 Medi

THE INSECTS

LADYBIRD – Menyw

SPIDER  – Menyw neu ddyn

Bydd y Fuwch goch Gota a’r Corryn yn gwisgo gwisgoedd llawn prydferth ac yn rhan o ddigwyddiadau dathlu cyhoeddus mawr, gan berfformio y tu allan i dorf fawr gydag ychydig iawn o siarad, os o gwbl.

Bydd gan berfformwyr brofiad o waith stryd, promenâd neu wrth ymateb i gynulleidfaoedd.

DYDDIADAU: 1 wythnos o ymarferion yn dechrau ar 12 Medi

Bydd pob rôl yn derbyn tâl cwmni o £550 yr wythnos ar gyfer ymarfer a pherfformio gyda thâl ychwanegol am waith ar ddydd Sul (ar benwythnos y cynhyrchiad) lle y bo’n briodol.  Bydd lwfansau adleoli neu deithio, tâl gwyliau a phensiwn yn cael eu talu yn unol â chontract Equity lle y bo’n berthnasol.

Views: 2305

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Wyn Hopkins on June 23, 2016 at 0:33
Hey,

I really want to be involved with this. I'm learning to act at the moment, I have applied to be a volunteer but would be great to be one of these awesome characters
Comment by stuart rodger on June 22, 2016 at 2:39

i would like to put forward and apply for any of the carachters relevant,male actor of 45.would like to be spider especially 

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service