Just wondering about setting up an Actors lab in Cardiff. Somewhere actors and directors can go a couple of times a week to work scenes ect. It would just be for artists to have a workout of sorts. A bit like the Actors studio of 50's New York. Maybe this has already been discussed.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, though I'm currently in Shrewsbury and would not be able to make regular attendance at such a venture, I am surprised that no one has taken up your thread on here.

Apart from the obvious aspect of keeping yourself verbally and physically aware, the potential to network with other creatives is the perfect reason to get this up and running.

I haven't lived in Cardiff for over 6 years, so you may well find that there is already something like this happening. If there is, surely someone on here would know about and could point you and everyone else in the right direction.
I'm surprised myself actually Alex, I'm still finding it difficult to navigate this website actually, but there's no reason why it can't be done even if there's one already going. Unfortunately am having to budget at the moment so wouldn't be able to make it. With the Sherman being renovated & only the Chapter (that I'm aware of) holding acting classes perhaps this is the ample opportunity for an Actor's Lab to be created. Let me know how you get on with it.
Ed
Dean and I have talked a lot about doing this- getting together a few people male and female who we thought would be quite dedicated to doing a full on warm up and then working on things people brought in- scenes, bits or writing etc... we would needd a cheap/ free venue. Any ideas y'all?
Best places for free are the ones that expect you to buy food and drinks after.
This sounds like a good idea, but its probably going to have people needing to drop-in and out from it every so often.
The doubtful element is whether the space is any good and not booking a space that is preparing for you to purely eat (done that before, but thats more their fault for not listening.)
Hi Alex, you're right, I do think there's a need for something like this particularly if it was more of an ad hoc thing rather than a course you sign up to. Maybe somewhere out of Cardiff would be suitable - a Miners Institute or something similar. Can't think where off hand but if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service