National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Fio on September 21, 2016 at 1:54
Hello TEAM!

Fio are holding Open Rehearsals this Friday @ The Other Room for our upcoming production of The Mountaintop!

We are having a drop-in session between 12- 16:00. A great chance to see whats going on in the rehearsal room and a sneak peek of the show!

Plus a great chance to have a chat and meet new London and Cardiff company FIO and talk with you about the work we do and upcoming projects and opportunities.

PRESS RELEASE:

Cardiff’s pub theatre The Other Room, located in Porter’s and winner of The Stage’s Fringe Theatre of the Year Award, opens its Autumn / Winter season on 4 October with a fictional depiction of the Reverend Martin Luther King's last night on earth before his assassination. The Mountaintop by Katori Hall is produced by Cardiff and London-based company Fio, and will run during Black History Month.

The Mountaintop is set in a motel room in Memphis, Tennessee. An exhausted King returns from a prophetic speech during the sanitation workers’ strike and is visited by a mysterious maid, Camae, with a much greater mission than delivering his coffee.

Vividly theatrical and powerfully emotive, The Mountaintop won the Olivier Award for Best New Play in 2010. It is a drama about leadership, legacy and mortality and explores themes of poverty, racism and the way to deal with impending death. The play will be directed by its Artistic Director Abdul Shayek, former Creative Associate of National Theatre Wales, who comments:

“The Mountaintop spoke to me in way no other play had for some time now. It provoked a number of emotions within me, from amusement to anger and frustration. I’d like to achieve that with our audiences and start a wider conversation around race, prejudice and importantly the need for us to embrace each other's differences. I want to take people on a journey into a world which starts off as a mundane, rainy night and then quickly becomes a story which challenges and provokes its audience.”

The Mountaintop is on at The Other Room 4-15 October and tickets are available now from www.otherroomtheatre.com. To keep updated on The Other Room, you can also follow the team on Twitter @TORtheatre and Facebook www.facebook.com/otherroomtheatre or follow FIO on Twitter/ Instagram @wearefio and Facebook www.facebook.com/wearefio

Look forward to meeting some of you!

Shane@wearefio.co.uk
Comment by Rhoda Lane on September 20, 2016 at 0:39

Hello most excellent TEAM!

On Saturday 1st October there will be a launch event at the Wales Millennium Centre to mark Black History Month Wales, organised by BHM Wales committee and Race Council Cymru.

This is a FREE event from 12:00 until 18:00, so get yourselves over there to watch some talented young black performers, enjoy delicious Caribbean cuisine and meet 20 of the organisation's partners at their Diaspora goods/information stalls. A spectacular event not to be missed!

http://www.bhmwales.org.uk/events/black-history-month-wales-2016-la...

https://www.facebook.com/events/649678988534462/ 

Comment by Nia Wyn Skyrme on September 13, 2016 at 10:11

THE GOOD EARTH PREPARES FOR WALES TOUR FOLLOWING ACCLAIMED NEW YORK PERFORMANCES 

MOTHERLODE’S DEBUT PRODUCTION WILL BE PERFORMED IN EIGHT VENUES ACROSS WALES IN SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER

MOUNTAINS MAY MOVE
A new Welsh story about fighting for community, the action unfolds through physical theatre, rousing Welsh folk song and new writing, bringing to life a valley torn apart by their council, big business and eventually themselves.
The piece was developed in residency in the Rhondda Valley, Wales, working with one of the few still standing ex - mining theatres of the 1800’s to tell the story of a family, who against all odds, fought for what they believed in.
BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT.

We’d love for TEAM members to join us on Friday 16/ Saturday 17 September 8pm at the special rate of £5 per ticket. This offer will be limited to 10 tickets per performances, so it’ll be first come, first served. 

An RCT Theatres Co- Production.

Please contact Chapter to book your tickets. 029 2030 4400

Comment by Fio on September 13, 2016 at 2:29

FIO ARE SEEKING PERFORMERS, POETS, MUSICIANS, SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS AND MORE FOR SPEAK EASY EVENT! 

As part of our production of The Mountaintop @ The Other Room we are looking to programme two Speak Easy Events on 8th and 15th October. 

What is a Speak Easy Event? 

Fio want to bring people together in a conversation about race, equality and poverty in 2016. As well as having fun and enjoying great acts!

We will Look at the themes of The Mountaintop. Asking what has changed since the death of Martin Luther King? What still needs to change?

We will be working with Black History Month Wales, Stand Upto Racism and other organisations to programme two event days including speeches, discussions, music, poetry and more. 

We are looking for people who are interested, inspired and motivated by issues around racism, poverty and equality and want to get involved. If you have an act you think could be part of this event then please get in contact!

Comment by Ben Tinniswood on September 12, 2016 at 1:51

STOP PRESS!

Want to be part of team TEAM this weekend at City of the Unexpected?

We need: 3 teams of 6 fit & healthy Adults

To: Join a very high profile segment of this major event -( Can’t say too much here, otherwise it’d be City of the Expected).

On: This Saturday 17th &/or Sunday 18th - This weekend!

We’ll provide: TEAM Hoodies/T-shirts & a once in a lifetime experience to tell the Grandkids about in years to come!

If you  can gather together a group of 6 friends/colleagues/fellow TEAM Members for a somewhat out of the ordinary experience then get in touch.

Time is of the essence, so get email TODAY if you can!

Email: bentinniswood@nationaltheatrewales.org  with “TEAMS” in the subject header. Please include a contact phone number in your email.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment by Rhoda Lane on September 10, 2016 at 2:16

Greetings TEAM!

My name is Rhoda and I've just joined National Theatre Wales as the TEAM Assistant. I'm here to help support you in making amazing things happen for the whole Community. This is a really exciting time for NTW (and also frenetic) and I hope to get as many of you as possible on board to feed into the work we will be doing.

We are currently cooking up some ideas for the coming months, so watch this space. You can expect the core programme of favourites like Scratch that Itch, Stories from the Streets, Performance Parties, Word4Word and Skill Swap, peppered with other niceties.

Keep in touch with us on the TEAM Community Page, via Facebook and Twitter, we would love to hear from you and get you involved. I'll be posting on @rhoda_ntw.

Also looking forward to meeting you guys over the coming weeks and months. I'll see you in the crowds next Saturday 17th September for City of the Unexpected!

Cheers,

Rhoda

Comment by Rhoda Lane on September 6, 2016 at 6:10
For those of you interested in research into storytelling, there's a conference happening in November at the University of Warwick. Check out the blog for more info!

Comment by Devinda De Silva on August 18, 2016 at 23:36

Audience Survey Staff Needed - Paid Role

We are looking for audience survey staff to work during Roald Dahl's City of the Unexpected.

Saturday 17 September - A max of six hours between 1.30 - 9pm, based on completing five surveys an hour.

Sunday 18 September - Four hours, 2.30 - 6.30pm.

There will be a training session on the Saturday at 10.30am and Sunday (if new members) at midday.

Pay is £8 per hour (including the training).

If you are interested please contact team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by Devinda De Silva on August 15, 2016 at 22:03

Mess Up The Mess - Training Opportunities for 16-25 Year Olds

ONLY 3 SPACES REMAINING

Do you know someone who would like to get free accredited training in youth arts workshop leading? 

Only 3 spaces remaining on Mess Up The Mess' Peer Leader Volunteer Residential - book your space now before it's too late. 

Peer Leader Volunteer Training

Are you 16-25 years old? Want to take part in a free accredited training to increase your leadership skills? Work towards assisting and running a workshop? Maximize your potential as role models?

Mess Up The Mess are offering a 3 day Peer Leader Volunteer training residential in Swansea. Food, accommodation and travel is included. You will be learning things like: leadership, communication, confidence, team building, child protection, diversity, equality, and inclusion; through participatory workshops. Learn how to make a change and volunteer on various and exciting project   

Oh, Have I said, it will be a lot of fun! Make a positive change and become a Peer Leader!

“I honestly think that it was one of the best experiences of my life; it really improved my confidence and has made me want to volunteer more!” - Leah

30th  August – 1st September 2016

Borfa House,  Port Eynon, Gower, Swansea, SA3 1NN

Want to find out more or book a space contact Jo on joanne@messupthemess.co.uk or 01269 591167

Comment by Devinda De Silva on August 8, 2016 at 4:36

Thanks to our friends at Fio

TEAM TICKET OFFER - £5

Special ticket price for Swarm!

We're offering a special price for NTW TEAM members for evening performances of Swarm, which takes place next week (11-14th August) at the Butetown History and Arts Centre in Cardiff Bay.  All the info is here:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/141570

To get the discounted price, enter the password 'gettothedome' when prompted on Ticket Source.

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service