National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Rhoda Lane on February 3, 2017 at 3:44

Barbican Guildhall Creative Learning department is advertising an opportunity that may be of interest to TEAM members. They are currently recruiting for the third intake of the BA in Performance and Creative Enterprise which is delivered in association with the Barbican Centre.

The Performance and Creative Enterprise degree enables artists from a range of backgrounds in particular theatre, spoken word and music to develop their performance, production, collaboration and leadership skills for employment in the arts industry. Further information can be found here. 

The deadline is 7th March and application is made direct to the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. The course is open to non-standard entry applicants.

Performance and Creative Enterprise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_ZMfDm5RQ

Comment by Rhoda Lane on February 2, 2017 at 1:01

Our TEAM Panel stalwart Ali Goolyad has been busy of late in Brazil - making some noise, bringing the TEAM spirit to Rio De Janeiro, and generally being a boss. Well done Ali!

Read his his blog on Community:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/…/the-art-of-cult…
----------

A cold evening in September my phone rang. It was our previous Artistic director John McGrath, he offered me a great opportunity to take part in an international cultural exchange programme in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - "A Arte de Intercâmbio." (The Art of Cultural Exchange). 

I was one of 3 young artists from Britain taking part but what was special for me was that I was the only one representing Wales. As an artist from wales there's only one organisation that I could and would represent the Great NTW TEAM. 
During my time in Brazil I couldn't help but connect with some of the young artists who live a much harder life than I could ever imagine. I couldn't help but think if only there was a National theatre of Wales here. The organisation that helped me realise my potential and made the realisation a reality. If only there was the same structure as NTW TEAM! If only, if only. 

Boom! Idea ! I had an idea, I am a part of TEAM ! I've embedded the TEAM ethos and if these artists can't get to NTW, I'll bring a bit of NTW TEAM to them. Within my own practice! 

I'm going back to Brazil next month to take part in Vagalume O Verde Carnival, I will volunteer all my skills to my dear friend Hugo and his project. The carnival brings together crowds of up to 5million people, a great platform for me to spread the word of TEAM and share the TEAM spirit. Thanks to Devinda I've got a bag full of TEAM TShirts ready for my gang to wear during carnival they are our Brazilian Team Members.

A group you will hear a lot about soon. 
If anyone wants to know more about how they can help and get involved! Let me know on Facebook ( Ali zay ) or my email ( ali.goolyad@outlook.com)
Stay tuned for an update....
Tchau!!

Above Left to right: Afreena(contact theatre) Mayara(Brazil) Kyronne (Battersea Arts) Myself (TEAM) Vítor (Brazil)
@ Olympic Park, Rio de Janeiro

Below: Hugo (CEO of Vagalume O Verde)
Andre (People's Palace Project) Myself
@ Nos do morro,(youth theatre, Vidigal, Rio de Janeiro)

Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 31, 2017 at 2:02

RAWFFEST 2017

RawFfest is the youth arts festival for Wales that is fun, innovative and surprising. It is planned and programmed by young people for young people. We showcase the best of youth arts today: performances, exhibitions, workshops, events. RawFfest GŵylGrai will take place in Llandudno from 17 - 20 August 2017.

Do you know someone aged between 16 and 25 and passionate about arts in Wales?  Do they want to help plan this youth arts festival?  

Deadline: 6pm Thursday 9th February 2017.  https://goo.gl/forms/2gpHhJQZb9FHwXaW2  

Any questions, email our new Youth Development Coordinator Sera Owen sera@rawffest.wales

-----------

Gŵyl gelfyddydau ieuenctid newydd i Gymru ydi GŵylGrai, sy’n hwyl, yn arloesol ac yn ddigon o ryfeddod. Fe’i cynllunnir ac fe’i rhaglennir gan bobol ifanc i bobol ifanc. Mae arnom eisiau rhoi stondin i’r gorau ymhlith celfyddydau ieuenctid heddiw: perfformiadau, arddangosfeydd, gweithdai, digwyddiadau. Bydd GŵylGrai ar fynd yn Llandudno o 17 - 20 Awst 2017.

Ydych chi rhwng 16 a 25 oed ac yn frwdfrydig am y celfyddydau yng Nghymru?  Oes arnoch eisiau helpu i gynllunio’r ŵyl gelfyddydau ieuenctid yma?   

Dyddiad cau: 6y.h nos Iau y 9fed o Chwefror, 2017. https://goo.gl/forms/pm2cs4z6DceBiOSu1  

Unrhyw gwestiynnau ebostiwch ein Cydlynydd Datblygu Ieuenctid newydd Sera Owen. sera@rawffest.wales

Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 26, 2017 at 3:53

Ponty Stories

Saturday 18th February, YMCA Pontypridd

As part of the regeneration of the YMCA in Pontypridd, we are launching Ponty Stories.  We are looking to hear and collect stories from people from all generations who used and enjoyed the YMCA, as well as exhibiting historical items that are still housed in the building.
We want to start collecting these stories, and are also on the lookout for enthusiastic volunteers who'd like to help us with this process, who have a passion for Pontypridd and it's past, present and future.
With all this in mind, we're running a launch event at Pontypridd Museum on 18th February.  As well as a small exhibition that will be on display all day, we will also be hosting theatrical and performative responses between 5-7pm which is supported by National Theatre Wales TEAM and Ponty Arts. 
Hope to see you there!
Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 24, 2017 at 5:31

Don't forget that we have our Sound Project Creative Writing Workshop this Saturday 28th January in Monkton Swifts Social Club!

Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 19, 2017 at 2:12
CRITICAL CHINWAG:MY BODY WELSH 
Thursday 26th January at Galeri, Caernarfon 
This month’s critical chinwag will be in Galeri (Caernarfon) on Thursday 26th January!

Join our new TEAM Panelist, Rachel Rosen, for an evening of entertainment and discussion of the touring production My Body Welsh 

If you are a TEAM member and would like to participate, write to team@nationaltheatrewales.org by Tuesday 24th January to claim your FREE ticket and post-show drink!
Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 9, 2017 at 23:13

TEAM Panel 2017!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are very excited to announce our new line up for TEAM Panel!

For 2017, we have four new members:

They join our existing Panelists (Connor Allen, Gavin Porter, Ben Tinniswood, Tom Wentworth, Natasha Bigford, Di Ford and Rachel Miller) to complete our dream TEAM Panel line up.

Sadly, we are saying goodbye to our stalwart Panel members Ali Goolyad, Kelly Jones and Sophie McKeand. It goes without saying that they have been amazing ambassadors, championing the TEAM ethos and getting people involved with National Theatre Wales up and down the country. They’ve inspired all of us and it’s been a real privilege working with them to make some fantastic productions and initiatives. We wish them well in their new adventures.

We hope you’ll join us in thanking our outgoing Panelists and welcoming our new ones!

Let’s make 2017 another year to remember - keep your eyes peeled on our TEAM Community page, Facebook and Twitter feeds for announcements in this year’s programme.

Comment by Gavin Porter on January 5, 2017 at 5:14

Kyle Legall is directing RATS (Rose Against The System) which will be taking place during the second week of April 2017 at the WMC. This is a tale about the everyday struggle of a family of rats looking for food in the ever-changing urban environment that is modern Butetown. On the hunt for food the RATS stumble upon a secret society that has plans to blow up Cardiff Bay.

We are looking for four performers of any gender and any ethnicity and are particularly interested in finding people with poetic, singing, mask, Kung Fu and/or dancing abilities to play the RATS. You will need to be available between 27th March and 9th April. 

A knowledge of Hip-Hop culture is desirable but not essential.

Fee is £100 per day.

This project is funded by Arts Council of Wales.

Comment by Rhoda Lane on January 3, 2017 at 4:08
Gypsy, Roma & Traveller Arts & Culture National Symposium 
Kushti Nevvi Bersh! Blwyddyn newydd dda i bawb! Happy New Year to all! 

On Friday 20th January Taliesin Arts Centre in Swansea hosts the 2017 Gypsy, Roma & Traveller Arts & Culture National Symposium.
If you are interested in attending you should submit the application form by Wednesday 18th January.
Comment by Rhoda Lane on December 6, 2016 at 6:16

THE SOUND PROJECT!

People of Monkton! Has there ever been a certain someone in the neighbourhood who you can say, hand on heart, was truly SOUND? A real legend?

What did they do that was so amazing, outrageously funny, loving or daring?
How did they change your life and how will you remember them?

National Theatre Wales’s TEAM wants to hear about your local heroes so that we can celebrate them in style at an event in 2017.

Contact our TEAM West Wales Associate, Di Ford, for a chat.
Monkton, it’s time to tell your stories…

team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Tel: 07478336114

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service