National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Kelly Jones on January 16, 2018 at 0:12

Hello TEAM!

We're holding a Queer Arts Collective meeting this Saturday in the Atrium. Not sure what a Queer Arts Collective is? Come along and find out and find out how you can be  apart of it. 

Kelly  x

https://www.facebook.com/events/926076294233481/ 

Comment by Fio on January 8, 2018 at 2:07

NEW YEAR.... NEW OPPORTUNITY!!

Fio are excited to announce their new development programme DECLARATION supported by Cyngor Celfyddydau Cymru | Arts Council of Wales

We are looking for ACTORS, WRITERS and DIRECTORS who feel their stories and voices are not currently being seen on our stages.

You will receive a week of FREE Masterclasses and a PAID creation week. Click to find out more:

www.wearefio.co.uk/opportunities

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on January 8, 2018 at 2:04

We have a very exciting opportunity for a Creative Assistant to work with NTW TEAM on our latest TEAM Education project - this time we will be working with a school in Pembrokeshire.  Please check out my blog post if you would like to find out more! 

Mae gyda ni cyfle gwych am Cynorthwyyd Creadigol i weithio gyda NTW TEAM ar ein prosiect TEAM Addysg diweddaraf - y tro yma fe fyddwn ni yn gweithio gyda ysgol yn Sir Benfro.  Edrychwch ar fy nhudalen blog os hoffech ragor o wybodaeth!   

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on December 29, 2017 at 1:23

Edrychwch ar y cyfle gwych yma am y flwyddyn newydd o'n ffrindiau ni at Avant Cymru - ar gyfer aelodau TEAM yn unig:

Forget Me Not

Drama newydd sbon gan Avant Cymru

“It’s not the man who has the most, who gives the most away”

Trwy gymorth Cronfa Treftadaeth y Loteri, mae Avant Cymru wedi gweithio gyda chymunedau ym Mhontypridd a Chwm Rhondda i ymchwilio a darganfod straeon o’r Rhyfel Byd Cyntaf, a’r effaith a gafodd ar y bobl a aeth i ymladd, a’r rhai a gafodd eu gadael ar ôl.  Gan ddefnyddio’r straeon hyn fel ysbrydoliaeth, mae Avant Cymru yn cynhyrchu profiad promenâd theatrig newydd sbon am 1:30pm a 7:30pm, Amgueddfa Pontypridd, 25-27ain Ionawr 2018.  

Fodd bynnag, i aelodau TEAM NTW mae cynnig arbennig ar gael ar gyfer gostyngiad ar y dydd Gwener 26ain Ionawr 7:30 – trwy ddefnyddio’r cod FMNTEAM, gallwch fod yno am £5 y tocyn!

www.avant.cymru

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on December 29, 2017 at 1:22

Check out this fantastic offer for the New Year from our friends at Avant Cymru - exclusively for TEAM members:

Forget Me Not
A brand-new play by Avant Cymru

“It’s not the man who has the most, who gives the most away”

Through the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund, Avant Cymru have worked with communities in Pontypridd and the Rhondda Valley to research and discover the stories from World War I, and the effect it had on the people who left for the Front, and the people who were left behind.  Using these stories as inspiration, Avant Cymru are producing a brand new theatrical promenade experience at 1:30pm and 7:30pm, Pontypridd Museum, 25-27th January 2018.  

However, for NTW TEAM members there is a special discount offer for the Friday 26th January 7:30 - by using the code FMNTEAM, you can attend for just £5 a ticket!

Comment by James Humphreys on November 24, 2017 at 10:39

Comment by Rebecca Acock on November 23, 2017 at 7:23
SELF TAPES FROM YOUNG PEOPLE TO PERFORM IN “PUNK ROCK” by SIMON STEVENS

Hi! Myself and two of my co-pupils have created a theatre company in South Wales called “Theatr Tri” we are a youth based theatre group that is run by the youth.

We are putting our first production of Simon Stevens “Punk Rock”.

We have held the first round of auditions and are now scheduling the next round of auditions within the next few weeks, however we are looking for young people (under 18) come along to the next round of our auditions workshop,or to send in self-tapes of yourself performing a short monologue of your choice, or you could use a monologue from Punk Rock.

If you are based in the South Wales area, under 18 and would like to get involved, please contact us on our social media pages to find out more information about dates or for us to answer any questions you have about the play.

We also have great opportunities for people who would prefer to gain experience behind the stage, it would be on a voluntary basis, but this is a fantastic opportunity for young people to get involved with theatre as after recent surveys handed to the community we had a high level response from the younger generation stating they would like more drama based groups and productions to be put on so they can gain experience and skills for themselves, and to give something back to the community!

We are specifically based in the Rhondda Valleys, and hold auditions in the Parc and Dare theatre in Treorchy.

If you or you know anyone who would be interested please spread the word!

Our contact details will be left below, we look forward to hearing from you!

Facebook page : Theatr Tri
Twitter: @theatrtri
Instagram: @theatrtri
Comment by Ben Tinniswood on November 17, 2017 at 22:40

Fellow TEAM Players, Can you help?
I'm currently talking to people about their experiences of the NHS in Wales. 
It'll form part of a large participatory project taking place next year marking the 70th Birthday of our National Health Service. 
I'm after all kinds of stories from all parts of Wales & all walks of life - You may be a Cleaner, a Surgeon, Family member, long term patient, or just had a quick trip to see your GP. Whatever your contact, I'd love to hear your stories!

Take a look at the link below & get in touch. Do tell your friends & family too. It'd be great to hear from you. 
Diolch,
Ben

#myNHS70

Comment by Bethan Morgan on November 14, 2017 at 5:11

Hi TEAM members,

Mercury Theatre Wales have entered our domestic abuse project 35TIMES into the Aviva Community Fund. Please click the link and vote for us. Voting closes this weekend. Thank you.

https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-3713

Comment by James Humphreys on November 5, 2017 at 22:59

***CALLOUT FOR WRITERS*** 

Scribes, pen wielders, day dreamers, we're looking for a bunch of writers to take part in our monthly 72 Hour Writers Challenge this November.

What is the 72 Hour Writers Challenge we hear you mutter? We invite 5 writers to get involved in a three-day challenge to write a 5-7 minute theatre piece for a script-in-hand, cold performance in front of a live audience.

How do you apply? To apply submit at 10-page theatre sample script (this could be a short play or an extract from a longer piece) to scriptdawg@gmail.com. The Deadline for submission is 13th November at 23:59.

Your submitted script will not be used for the performance.

Writers who are selected will need to be available for three days (20th - 22nd):

1st Day – 20th November. 
You will meet with some of the guys from ScriptDawg and the other writers. There'll be some workshops and activities to get those creative juices flowing. Following this you will be assigned the secret theme and/or topic to which you will be writing your script toward for the performance on Wednesday.

2nd Day – 21st November. 
You'll meet up with us again to go through table reads of the first drafts. After some discussions we'll go through an editing process with you and you'll be sent off to complete your final drafts.

3rd Day – 22nd November 
The final drafts will be sent off to a group of actors to go through some quick rehearsals before the performance in the evening.

A very quick turnaround but an overall good experience.

You will also need to take into consideration that these three days will be held in Cardiff, South Wales (The performances will be taking place at our new and gracious hosts drama studios, The University of South Wales, Atrium).

You can find recordings from past shows or some more information on our Facebook page if you are curious: https://www.facebook.com/ScriptDawg.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop us an email or message one of the guys at ScriptDawg directly, we'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service