Hello all, So I’m Robbie. I’m new – well as new as a 32 year old can be! I’m new to NTW, well… no, that’s not true actually. NTW have been aware of me for a while, around 4 years (I’ll explain shortly). I am however the new TEAM associate for west wales and I’m really proud to be a part of this massive, little, global/Welsh, charity, Theatre Company, Beast.

Although I now find myself as a freelance event coordinator, I’m a musician by trade.  I’ve played in, and written songs for bands, since my early teens. I had a glimpse at the world of a recording artist with my old band “Under the Driftwood Tree”. At the end of the Noughties we had a couple of summers playing back to back festivals and getting tracks played on numerous radio stations. Towards the end of my time with the band I saw an advert in Cardiff’s MMP music magazine for a fully funded university course in Music industry entrepreneurship, I’d always intended getting a university education but until this point life had got in the way. I took the course and met a lot of really fascinating people whose take on making a living from the arts had a profound effect on me; so much so that when the band fell apart and I went back to Pembrokeshire, it took all of about 6 months before I signed the lease on an abandoned nightclub with a view to turn it into a music venue and arts centre “West Coast Arts”. This is where my flirtation with NTW started.

A couple of years down the line, and here I am, “West Coast Arts” is no more and I’ve now become involved with NTW’s TEAM and I can’t quite join the dots. To say I’m rather excited about the next  12 months would be a considerable understatement.  

As the TEAM associate for West Wales I’ll be meeting up with you lovely people to discuss what you think NTW could be doing to help bolster the Arts in our area, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch to arrange a meeting or come along to one of our events and say hello.

Views: 218

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Rosemary Anne Winson on January 23, 2018 at 10:33

Welcome/Croeso Robbie

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service