Just out of curiousity, how many of us are actively writing at the moment? Whether privately or publically, how many of us are currently concentrating on a particualar project.

I myself am coming to the end of the fourth draft of a feature screenplay; I just thought it'd be interesting to find out what sort of work everyone else was up to...

Views: 249

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, have that happen quite a lot. I tend to write a basic plan of a page or so first and then force myself to pick one over the others based on my gut feeling.
Many times. If you have the time, have a go at different forms - but you may have to decide where there is a market for what you write.
Okay, I've just finished an updating/adaptation of Ibsen's Ghosts, set in South Wales in 1989. I think it works really well with one or two very slight modifications: names, places, disease etc., So, if anyone wishes to read it, let me know.
I'd be interested to hear more about your project Ghosts.I've always been an Ibsen fan..GillBrightmore
Hello all, I have recently finished university in Bristol where I was lucky enough to spend three years indulging my passion for the arts, now my classes are over I have found myself writing the odd pieces of prose or jotting down ideas for plays here and there. I'm in love with the gothic genre so much of my work has been of that variety but I also enjoy avant garde theatre and I have a couple of notebooks full of snippets of pieces to which I would like one day to present to an actors group to experiment with. The only polished piece I have written so far is a modern adaptation of Little Red Riding Hood called Urban Red and even that I can't help musing over, tweaking and looking at ways it could be staged.
Have recently finished two short (10 min.) screenplays and sent them away. Some time ago revised a feature-length screenplay and posted it on Inktip - but I'm still worrying over the logline. Have just posted some plays on the new Bushgreen website. Now looking for new ideas.
I decided to step away from the mini-works for a week or two... and one of the ideas I toyed with in that compendium has come back to bite me in the arse. I am now at that wonderful point where I wake up early with ideas that won't wait.
Also, with a lexicographer's hat on, my publisher bought lunch last week. Look for a second edition (hard back and electronic)in 2013.
I'm writing for an international project to be held in Canada in 2010
Jane
Now in urgent discussions with myself about next project.
Terrifyingly, on-going script number 5 reared its head yesterday. Gulp.
1. Double-bill with a fellow writer, currently in prep for Prague Fringe in June.
2. Shorty for a thing.
3. Even shorter shorty for another thing.
4. Developing full-length play from one-acter.
5. Commissioned to write a new play for The People's Theatre centenary.
Well, better to be busy than not ...!
I lost the most recent draft of a script when an external hard drive I was keeping it on decided to give up the ghost. Turns out that it was a lot different from the previous draft :( so I'm now going through old e-mails to see if I've sent it anywhere...
...not me... must be days since I stopped working the keys... interesting to hear Ross Salvage has written a screenplay for the States.. who are you pitching it to, Ross? I subscribed to InkTip.com for a couple of years - lots of bites but no fish. I'v got three scripts registered in the US. The stage is the thing, though and I'm hanging fire on my last two products. Some more commercial stuff published on lazybeescripts.co.uk which have been played internationally. Others that Samuel French's will publish if they get a UK tour... where there's life there's hope. Still broke, of course.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service