Commedia Dell'Arte for the modern actor - an introduction

Hi Everyone

I am running a short workshop at St Catherine's Hall in Canton on 11th Dec 9.30-12 as an introduction to Commedia Dell'Arte - specifically to make it more relevant to work today - how to use the techniques in performance today.. 

Outdoor theatre, Panto, silent films, physical comedy like laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Children's theatre and many comedy sitcoms, have their roots in Commedia ( some would argue that all theatre springs from this, but I think that is a bit extreme). 

This workshop will provide a brief physical exploration of the style and will involve lots of impro and fun - an introduction to stock characters through Lazzi, scenarios, walks, status, movements, improvisations and relationships.  It will help to improve confidence in those auditions that require impro/quick thinking and helps with any sort of multi character work.

We may touch on mask work too if there is time - but this might be a bit ambitious in 2 1/2 hours...would be nice to though as it is such fun!

This is an introduction to assess interest for future courses - please register interest by messaging me here.

Cost £20

Views: 322

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, if I'm around Cardiff, then I'd like to come. Consider me interested! Teifi
Great - be good to see you there!
Hi Elise. My name is shekira johnson. I'm definately interested. Please count me in. Xxx
Great - will put your name down Shekira - send me a message with your email to my inbox and will send more details soon x
Hello Elise how are you?

If you still have enough places I would absolutely LOVE to attend this workshop!!

I touched on Commedia Dell'Arte in my first year at Uni and was amazed by it!!

Likewise I have also studied the physical comedy of Chalie Chaplin at uni, so this workshop is of great interest to me!!

Please let me know if you still have space for me!!

Melody.
If you are interested please message me with your email address so I can send you more details! Many Thanks Elise
Melody - would love to see you there - you'll be a lovely energy. send me your email x
Hello... How did it go? I've just finished a term of Commedia at Lecoq, was very exciting. Many turn up for your workshop? x
Yes we had about 10 - was great - never enough time though!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service