Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by alun howell on July 27, 2011 at 5:26
Will there be more nights? Sorry I couldnt make it - any decisions made?
Comment by Amy Hodge on July 27, 2011 at 5:24

Just to say thank you to everyone for coming last night, I thought it was a really positive, useful and enjoyable evening.  Great to hear all your thoughts and suggestions.  Here's to more nights like that!

Amy

Comment by Terry Victor on July 21, 2011 at 11:32

Thanks to Greg and Peter for the warm wishes.

To add to Greg's list of Wales in Edinburgh: Unknown Theatre, Cwmni Theatr 3D, Mercury Theatre (Unknown and Mercury are at Venue 13 too) ... and I know I must have missed some. It will be like Chapter's bar - but in Edinburgh.

I am doing a couple of Radio Wales spots from Edinburgh. Get in touch if I need to see your show. And, yes, I need to see your show.

TVx

Comment by Greg Cullen on July 21, 2011 at 10:27

I don't quite know how, but I forgot to include the biggest ever thanks to the National Dance Company of Wales, Roy Campbell-Moore has been amazing as have the entire staff. We literally would not be where we are without their guidance, commitment, kindness and generosity of time and resources.

Best wishes to Terry Victor and Notional Theatre and of course The National Theatre of Wales and the Sherman who are all taking new writing to the Fringe this year. Let's hope Wales makes the kind of impact we should have been making for years.

Let's go in a spirit of solidarity. X

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on July 21, 2011 at 9:52

Terry, huge congratulations to you as well.  All power to the voices from Wales up in Edinburgh and all best wishes to your company.

Peter

Comment by Terry Victor on July 21, 2011 at 8:05

Congratulations to Shock n Awe.  I’m looking forward to seeing the compressed Muscle being flexed in Edinburgh.

Now, to ramp up the excitement, let me tell you where Notional Theatre is at.

I’ve just got in from rehearsals for Fragments of Ash which is on at the Bute Theatre next Tuesday and Wednesday (26th & 27th) at 9pm as part of the Cardiff Festival Fringe. Those two performances are sneak-previews for a 3 week run on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe: August 5th to 27th at Venue 13.

Fragments of Ash has evolved from the work-in-progress performance in Monmouth earlier this year: ‘...the excellence and the beauty of the piece is very strong.’ (Michael Kelligan, Theatre Wales). ‘...an absolutely brilliant new play’ (Chris Ryde, Savoy Theatre). Now the play is revealing itself in surprising detail.

If you are off to Edinburgh this year we hope to see you up there. If not we’d be proud to have you in the audience next week.

Fragments of Ash work was developed with a small project grant from the ACW. For Edinburgh, Notional Theatre has a co-production partnership with Murder on the Menu. And now, with guidance from Nick Davies, the ACW have awarded us £28,000, one of the biggest grants of the past few years. We are planning two tours – Autumn 2011 and Spring 2012 - in association with Hijinx Theatre.  

For the creative team, writer/director (me), composer/musical director Gareth Wyn Griffiths and choreographer Kylie Ann Smith, the funding is a huge vote of confidence. Our cast is truly remarkable: Jordan Bernarde, Clêr Stephens, Robert Harper, Lisa Zahra, Janine Cooper-Marshall and the voice over of BBC Wales’ Jamie Owen.

To get to this point many many people have held our hands in ways practical, financial and emotional: they are all named in the show’s (free) programme.

Fragments of Ash is a political drama about mothers and war that blends physical and narrative theatre to a stunning original score. Do come and see it if you possibly can.

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on July 21, 2011 at 3:10

Excellent news Greg. 

I know the path you've been treading only too well and it is is great news.  I too hope to get to see the Edinburgh preview at Chapter.

Comment by Kevin Johnson on July 21, 2011 at 3:04
Great news mate, hope I can make one of the showings. And I agree with you about Chapter.
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 21, 2011 at 2:41
Congratulations Greg, I look forward to seeing it in Edinburgh.
Comment by Matt Ball on July 20, 2011 at 22:45

Great news Greg,

congratulations.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service