Information

Wales in Edinburgh

Are you part a show going to the Edinburgh Fringe?  Do you know of a show with Welsh connections going there?  If so why not join this group and post necessary info.

Members: 37
Latest Activity: Feb 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

MASTERCLASSES

I am now offering exclusive masterclasses in actor training, performativity, vocal coaching, technical theatre, directing and tutoring/teaching theatre and drama. Alternatively if you have a specific…Continue

Started by Daniel O'Gorman Jan 31, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Wales in Edinburgh to add comments!

Comment by Jane Lalljee on August 11, 2011 at 4:42
I have just returned from Edinburgh, having done the lighting design for Venue 13 run by The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.  Do get to see Fragments of Ash, Nine Suitcases and A Night's Tale that are all from Wales.  All the other shows there from CalArts are also great - my pick of them would be Broken Wing and Daughter of a Cuban Revolutionary.
Comment by Rhiannon Wallace on August 11, 2011 at 3:48
Comment by Rhiannon Wallace on August 11, 2011 at 3:29

I forgot to add,

SOLD

Pleasance FORTH

11.10 am (3-29th)

www.soldplay.co.uk

Comment by Rhiannon Wallace on August 11, 2011 at 3:25

SOLD has had some great reviews!

"I was very taken with Sold, the complicated production sleekly handled and the youthful-looking cast very impressive" The Observer

"A moving and exceptionally well executed piece of drama carrying an important message. Top performances 4/5" Fringebiscuit

It would be great if you could come and support.

best,

Rhiannon

Comment by Terry Victor on August 10, 2011 at 3:14

Just seen Dark Philosophers - there's much to admire, and stronger than when I last saw it.

Fragments of Ash has had a four star review from Informed Edinburgh finishing with this statement: 'a supremely intelligent and very important piece of theatre'. If you are up here don't miss it. Venue 13, see fringe prog for times.

Comment by louche theatre on August 10, 2011 at 1:32

Hi Abdul. Monday is our opening night...hope you can make one of the performances. 'Be My Baby' is at Greenside Theatre (venue231) between Monday 15th through to Saturday 20th.....

Cheers,

Louche Theatre

Comment by abdul shayek on August 10, 2011 at 1:21

Hi all sorry I have been out of touch with the group.  However I am coming up on Monday & look forward to seeing & meeting as many people as possible- please get in touch either via the community or twitter - @abdul_ntw

Ciao

Comment by Terry Victor on August 7, 2011 at 7:29

Welcome to the wet, John. There's alotof Wales going on up here. I've seen several and there's many many more to go  (I was surprised to find two productions of Be My Baby and started chatting to the wrong pregnant teenagers in the Royal Mile). So far I have especially enjoyed Decadence in the Sweet Grassmarket performed by Graduates of Newport Uni.

Fragments of Ash is growing day by day. We're in Venue 13 which is along the Royal Mile towards the parliament.

I'll see you in the streets somewhere. Tonight I'm off to see one of several Welsh stand-ups. After the fireworks.Have fun. TVx

Comment by louche theatre on August 7, 2011 at 6:22

Thanks, John......sorry you can't make it, but sure Abdul will enjoy ! We have an interview with The Stage after  Tuesdays performance....also BBC Radio Wales are reviewing the same performance......enjoy your Fringe !

Best.

Louche Theatre

Comment by National Theatre Wales on August 7, 2011 at 6:19
Hi Louche theatre, I'm afraid i'm not here during your dates, but Abdul is planning to come.  hope it goes really well. j

Members (36)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service