Information

Word4Word

A platform for creative words of any kind to be shared and enjoyed. From spoken word to lyrics to fiction to monologues to mini-devised theatre. We want your interpretation...

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 187
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2016

Discussion Forum

Word4Word Event 23 January at 7.30pm Clwb Y Bont Pontypridd 2 Replies

Where is this advertised?  Not long to go!!!Continue

Started by Louise Rees. Last reply by Louise Rees Jan 10, 2013.

Word4Word Event Takeover: 15th September 5 Replies

Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the…Continue

Started by Natalie Stone. Last reply by Natalie Stone Sep 6, 2011.

Word4Word Cancellation 3 Replies

A group can't flourish can it if cancelled at last moment -Thurs. 11/08 - no notice given?This doesn't say much for the organisation behind it or confidence in the arrangements in my opinion.GBContinue

Started by Gillian Brightmore. Last reply by abdul shayek Aug 14, 2011.

Word4Word is back! 5 Replies

15 artists. 5 minutes each. £2 entry.After the successful first event last month, Word4Word is an open mic event for any spoken word performer or writer to come and…Continue

Started by Mark Blayney. Last reply by Gillian Brightmore Aug 13, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Word4Word to add comments!

Comment by Merel Prescott on November 9, 2011 at 0:52

Wow!  Is all going on!  Calendar is getting full :-)

Comment by Steven Kenward on November 8, 2011 at 11:55

Cheers for the promotional work Will - I hope so see you guys there.

To confirm: monologues/prose/shouting/whispering - any kind of spoken word is welcome. Do remember though that as it's a slam you'll need three rounds ready in case you get through the various rounds.

Cheers.

Comment by Will Ford on November 8, 2011 at 11:29

Re previous message, it's going down Wednesday 23/11/11 7-11pm, Ten foot Tall, Cardiff. In association/in support of Samaritans. Free entry for participants. Three rounds, first round on the theme of 'listening' second round and final, whatever your fevered imaginations can concoct! And while some people may not feel 'right' about it all being a competitive event, there is not really any kind of conflict at these kind of events, well not usually! 

See you there, and at the next W4W (what's the theme for that? Anyone know?)

Incidentally, when do we get the thrm

Have slammed there before, it's a great place to do it, so 

Comment by Will Ford on November 8, 2011 at 10:23

Any Word4Worders interested in taking part in a poetry slam, or simply coming along to watch? for details go to https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=209183115818257

Cheers in advance for anybody clicking the above!

Comment by Merel Prescott on November 4, 2011 at 10:35
The event at the Literature Lounge on Sunday was excellent.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thanks everyone!
Comment by Emma MacNab on October 30, 2011 at 8:49
Really enjoyed today and just wanted to say well done and thank you to all the performers and organisers. Looking forward to the next one!
Comment by Anna Poole on October 23, 2011 at 4:29

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/word4word-with-lit...

Check this out!!! Sorry about the short notice guys but we thought it would be a great opportunity!!!

Comment by Frank Thomas on October 22, 2011 at 8:54
hi everyone i'm trying to start doing some spoken word and i shot some of me performing and would love to hear what u guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLnw5J2ElO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HTNWrsvCU
Comment by Frank Thomas on October 21, 2011 at 5:39

have we got a date for the next one of these yet?

Comment by Jill Berrett on September 24, 2011 at 5:42

Thanks Natalie. It was a great night. I enjoyed taking part and hearing all the other different interpretations of flight. Look forward to the next theme!

Jill

Members (184)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service