Dear friends and colleagues,

I am interested in exploring Welsh Identity. I have been developing an experimental project for sometime called BiDiNG TiME that seeks to explore a new story from a range of cultural perspectives. The story is set in London and for countries nearest, the differentiations can seem almost indistinguishable to the inexperienced outsider (from say Iran or Kenya). I also have a personal reason for pursuing the Welsh connection as my family emigrated from Wales to New Zealand many years ago.

I am keen to get responses to the unfinished text and see if there are elements that could be added that would add a particularly Welsh perspective? The story is about a young woman, its contemporary and aimed at a very wide audience. It attempts to make links between the role of women and how we measure success to Climate Change and social change. I am curious about story archetypes and how women usually get reduced to virgins,whore and mothers - almost everywhere in the world. I am also keen to find partners in Wales as I have many in England and a couple in Scotland to date. Many thanks, Pippa

Views: 186

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

HI Pippa, your work looks interesting, I run a theatre company that looks at these type of issues, contact me on here 1.618 theatre, Thanks, Carmen
Dear Carmen, Interesting crossovers, I too ahve been on a journey asking what role theatre in a changing world? I am particularly interested in reaching beyond a knowing theatre audience and playing round the meaty subjects rather than tackling them head on. The BiDiNG TiME project has developed as a response to the theatre sector and my frustration about how blinkered and classist theatre is. I decided that it was critical to shift the process of making the work in order to be asking different questions. I can send a text for BiDiNG TiME if you are interested and I hope you will pass on contacts if its not the right thing for you. In exchange I am happy to be mined for any information I may possess. Very best wishes, Pippa

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service