Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. I'm Colin and I'm here after receiving a really lovely and encouraging reply to an idea I emailed in on spec. I'm a journalist by trade and have a personal story I thought would make a great play - heart-breaking, death-defying, life-enhancing, tear-jerking stuff I assure you, maybe with musical numbers too! :o) I was born in England, but my mother is Welsh and I've lived in Cardiff since 2007. Apropos of nothing other than I think it's extraordinarily cool, my Great Great Uncle rejoiced in the title Archdruid of America (perhaps another play idea there). I hope to speak with some of you soon.

Hi Colin - what a lovely "Introduce Yourself" reply! Thank you! You can email your ideas for plays / performance pieces to submissions@nationaltheatrewales.org - we are always really interested in what theatrical ideas and creative thoughts you have. Please do stay in touch x

Hello all, my name is Holly Fry. I'm currently in my second year studying at a drama school in London. I've just come back for the Christmas holidays and feel hugely out of the loop with Welsh Theatre and Welsh Art. So whilst I'm stuck in bed with a cold I've been searching this site for new and interesting things going on :) Hope everyone is eating well and fighting off the evil lurgies going around! Nice to see such interesting work and people circulating on this site. Hope to work with some of you guys in the future :)

All the best, Holls x 

Hi, Im Kayleigh, im new to National Theatre Wales aswell as being new to the country of Wales. i have just moved to Swansea to complete my 3rd year in Performing arts, Curretly concerntraiting on Community Arts. before now I studied Musical Theatre in Newcastle.

I have been perfroming since i was very little and i love everything about it, I have recently broadened my horizons and have worked within the community, working with a well known childrens charity directing and choreographing their Christmas panto. I am currently getting involved in another brilliant Community Arts project happening over Easter in Port Talbot.

I'm using this site to try and get to know people and gain more experience in different areas of the performance industry.

I have many ideas I want to share and i hope to be able to share and gain the interest of other people within this community. x

I'd like to introduce myself as Josh Alan Trask. I joined the community to network and get more in touch with theatre in Wales.
I am an actor and singer and currently work for The Show Team. I'm originally from the Afan Valley birth place of the great Ivor 
Emmanuelle and Richard Burton. Would certainly love to follow in their footsteps. I'm mainly interested in live theatre, inparticular
More physical theatre such as the likes of DV8 and Piña Baucsh. Would love to start my own company and produce my own work.
So...there we have it, that's me!
Hi everyone...first of all excuse me for my bad English. I'm Italian from Milan in Norther Italy. I live for my PASSIONS: cinema, theatre, music and art!! My work is my hobby...I cannot come to Port Talbot for THE PASSION, then I'll follow the event with you online, reading your comments. I'll be in some way with you. Michael Sheen is my favourite actor ever, follow him since 2003 UNDERWORLD. Last year I met him at British Library (Curious Curiouser event) on Feb. 24th. In November I'll go to Young Vic Theatre in London to see HAMLET. Thanks everyone!
Hi, I’m Laura, I’m a part-time MA student at Swansea University where I am studying creative writing. I moved to the city from London last year to follow my dreams of becoming a writer and, by becoming a student again, have given myself the time and space to develop my passion. In my old London life, I was a fully-fledged PR girl working for organisations like Breast Cancer Campaign and the Natural History Museum. I gained an enormous amount of writing experience (articles, press releases, web copy, etc) but lacked the time and confidence to branch out into other areas. The MA has changed all that and in the last year I have written two plays as part of the course, receiving distinctions for both. Excerpts were read by the Fluellen Theatre Company at the Dylan Thomas Centre in July and the positive feedback I received has made me even more determined to develop my playwriting skills. I’m here to network with other theatre professionals in Wales and hopefully pick up some tips about getting my work on to the stage along the way – I know I have an awful lot to learn!

Hi I'm Phil, I act, write and facilitate workshops. I came across this site researching for a job at Ireland's own national theatre, the Abbey, where I am applying for a new post as the Education and Community Manger. I've worked at the Abbey as a freelance, designing and delivering workshops for schools and am excited by the chance to copy some of NTW's innovative new approaches to working with communities. My interview's next Friday so I'm browsing today for more inspiration.

Good luck on Friday Phil

Hi, I'm new!

I'm James and I'm a composer. Would be good to make friends and contacts on here and maybe write some beautiful music for some of you in the future!! Check out my website if you'd like to suss me out: www.jamesjonesmusic.com.

Hi everyone I did post on here back when I started, but I was wondering whether there was a part of the site where I could see if there were any job opportunities available some behind the scenes or on stage? If anyone can recommend a part of the site that I can keep an eye out for then that would be brilliant.

Thanks

Edward Llewelyn

www.edwardllewelyn.co.uk

Hi Edward, 

The best thing to do would be to join one or more groups on the community. Fromt what you've said above, the best ones woud probably be: 

Actors http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/group/actors

Creatives http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/group/creativepeople

But if you check out the Groups list (http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/groups) there are plenty more there too. 

Hope this helps!

Jen 

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service