Event Details

NTW TEAM Workout 2!

Time: January 19, 2014 from 10:15am to 4:30pm
Street: 229 High Street
City/Town: Swansea, SA1 1NY
Website or Map: https://maps.google.co.uk/map…
Phone: 07985 252 784
Event Type: open, session, for, theatre, makers, to, work, on, projects, and, find, collaborators...
Organized By: Lisa Wells-Turner
Latest Activity: Jan 16, 2014

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

CALLING ALL THEATRE-MAKERS!!! 

TEAM Workout is for theatre-makers of all kinds (actors, writers, directors, designers, technicians, puppeteers, I could keep going for a while…).  It’s an invitation to come and play for a day, meet new people and work practically on ideas.  

There are two ways you can take part.  First off - JOIN THIS EVENT TO TELL US YOU'RE COMING!:

• ...then you can just turn up and donate your skills (be they acting, directing, writing, etc) for the day.  No commitment, no preparation, just come and do the thing you love most for a day.

• ALTERNATIVELY You can bring along an idea you want to work on.  This can be absolutely anything theatre based which requires other practitioners (examples might be a piece of script, a performance piece, workshop ideas, etc).  If you'd like to bring something just email lisawellsturner@gmail.com and let me know what it is. Structure of the day will depend on how many people want to do what!

After initial warm ups and introductions (feel free to bring those too!) those bringing ideas will be linked up to those donating skills.  You will then have space and time to work on them in any way you like.  Depending on numbers we may have several separate sessions so people move around and work on more than one project.  The day will end with a Skill Swap session organised by Peter and Emma.

Workout will happen a little bit before one of Brent’s Scratch That Itch sessions so if you would like to show where you’ve got to and get feedback there will be an opportunity a few days later.

If you’re interested and would like to know more please join the TEAM Workout group for updates – here

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for NTW TEAM Workout 2! to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 16, 2014 at 22:40
For anyone travelling from Cardiff on Sunday - Kelly's just pointed out first train doesn't get in till just before 11. I'm an idiot for not checking that - sorry!

planning to start on schedule. If anyone needs a lift let me know. I can fit 3 in my car and it's first come first serve. Small contribution to petrol costs appreciated! I will be leaving a bit earlier to set things up so pick up would be about 9 in central Cardiff somewhere. .. my email is lisawellsturner@gmail.com

Anyone coming by train don't worry too much. I'll try and arrange so it's easy to sneak in!
Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 16, 2014 at 22:35
Absolutely fine Rowena. I look forward to it.
Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on January 14, 2014 at 23:47
Hi Lisa i brought a new one person show to work on is that ok
Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 13, 2014 at 23:53

Hey everyone -hope you're all looking forward to Sunday.  If anyone can't make it do let me know or just resign from the group and I'll pick that up.  We've got a good selection of projects submitted and Emma and Peter have an exciting new Skill Swap plan.  It will be lovely to meet everyone.

General notes and info for the day are below.  Any issues on the day my number is 07985 252 784 and email is lisawellsturner@gmail.com.

Getting there...
Volcano's space is at 229 High Street, Swansea SA1 1NY.  It's about 5 minutes walk from Swansea Station and there are quite a few car parks about.  There may also be free on the road parking further up the high street on a Sunday morning.  Map is here  - If anyone is looking to car share maybe put that up here? 

Timings, etc
Day will start at 10.15am.  We'll open with a short introductory warm up session then we'll introduce Skill Swap, get everyone lined up with projects and get cracking.  We'll decide the exact structure of the day once we know what everyone's working on.  There will be a lunch break and we should end about 4.30pm. 

Bringing stuff to work on:
We've currently got about 5 things lined up for people to work on.  This should fit quite well with the people turning up but there is space for an additional project or two.  If you have something you think you'd like to get people working on let me know before Sunday if you can and please make sure you bring enough paper copies for the people you need if relevant (it's fine to bring non script based stuff too).

See you Sunday!

Lisa

Comment by Catriona James on January 13, 2014 at 6:06

hi Lisa, so sorry but I can't make it anymore... x

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 12, 2014 at 5:57
Nope, not at all Rowena. Please do. Just let me know roughly what you need (ie outside eye, actors, director, etc). I'll try and organise day so everyone gets enough time and there's some space to react to stuff as it happens.
See you Sunday!
Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on January 12, 2014 at 3:41
Is it too late to bring something
Comment by Karen Sherrard on January 12, 2014 at 1:50

Thanks Lisa x

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 12, 2014 at 0:18

Yeah if you could bring some copies that would be great. I'll send out a detailed what, where, how and when in a day or two. 

See you soon!

Comment by Karen Sherrard on January 12, 2014 at 0:10

Brilliant, thanks Lisa,

Shall I print out a few copies of a couple of selected scenes?

Looking forward to meeting you next week and hopefully moving forward with these projects!

Karen

Attending (18)

Might attend (8)

Not Attending (1)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service