Academy of Performance Combat

Event Details

Academy of Performance Combat

Time: July 19, 2014 to July 26, 2014
City/Town: Llantwit Major, Wales
Website or Map: http://www.cardiffcombatworks…
Phone: 07944 341 113
Event Type: cardiff, summer, stage, combat, course, 2014
Organized By: Kevin McCurdy
Latest Activity: Feb 13, 2014

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

CALLING ALL ACTORS, DANCERS, PHYSICAL THEATRE PERFORMERS, MARTIAL ARTISTS, STUNT PERFORMERS!!

Hey everyone,

Kev McCurdy here. Our summer fight course has been running now for over 10 years, and with great success. The course gives you a grade in stage combat that is industry recognised by Equity Actors Association and also worldwide.

If you've already done stage combat and would like to 'upgrade' so to speak, that's cool. Let us know what level you're at and we'll take it from there.

If you've done no stage combat, that's cool as well. We'll train you from scratch and you'll be performing and taking the fight exam at the end of the week.

You'll be working with our APC tutors and myself and we'll get you ready for the exam. The grading system is the same as the University grading system (fail, 3rd, 2:2 etc upto Recommendation). Also, the result that you get can be put straight onto your Spotlight form and you'll get a copy of your fight as well for your showreel

You'll be well looked after and it's all in the beautiful location of a 14th century castle.

The price is £630  (Equity Actors members and A2A members £605). The fee includes: exam fee, full use of the castle grounds, 2 swimming pools, basketball and tennis courts, gym, 3 meals a day, accommodation and exam film footage!!

If you want to expand your skill set and want a challenge, either ring me (phone number is on the poster 07944 341 113) or email me at 'swepthiltrapier@gmail.com or Facebook me 'Kev McCurdy'

Cheers all. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kev McCurdy

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Academy of Performance Combat to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (1)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service