City/Town: Caerleon, NP18 1AZ
Event Type: poetry, reading, recital
Organized By: Celf Caereon Arts Festival
Latest Activity: May 14, 2014

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/271119

Tickets £13.00 + £1.30 fee if booked online

A new book of poems by Roger McGough is always an event and As Far As I Know is truly a cause for celebration. Hilarious and surreal, he is a poet of many voices. Menace and melancholy there may be, but with plenty of McGough’s characteristic wit and wordplay too.

Newly elected President of the Poetry Society, Roger McGough has been honoured with a CBE for services to literature and the Freedom of the City of Liverpool for good behaviour. Lily The Pink, the Aintree Iron, Scaffold, GRIMMS, The Mersey Sound with Adrian Henri & Brian Patten and presenter of the long-running Poetry Please. The beat goes on.

Roger will sign copies of As Far As I Know following the performance.

Tickets are also available in person from:

Caerleon Tourist Information Office

5 High St, Caerleon NP18 1AE

Telephone : 01633 422656

Rafi Goldsmith

The Fwrwm, High St, Caerleon NP18 1AG

Telephone : 01633 430271

www.rogermcgough.org.uk

‘His poetry is like a supermodel who can complete a Sudoku puzzle moments before swishing down the catwalk, easy on the eye and smart as a whip.’ – Birmingham Daily Post

‘rueful, unpredictable observation to please the sharpest wits’ – The Independent

‘a poemy torch in dark corners’ – Ian McMillan, Poetry Review

‘profound surprises and lasting images on almost every line’ – Siân Hughes T. E. S.

‘a witty and ingenious chronicler of British life, who manages a range of perennial themes with a deftness and agility that is hard to beat’ – The Poetry Society

‘He is a true original and more than one generation would be much the poorer without him’ – The Times

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Roger McGough, As Far As I Know to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (2)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service