An Introduction to Producing

Event Details

Time: July 23, 2015 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Street: St Mary’s Street
City/Town: CF10 1DW
Website or Map: http://community.nationalthea…
Event Type: an, introduction, to, producing
Organized By: Sarah Leigh & Buddug Jones
Latest Activity: Jul 23, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Have you got an idea for a performance but you don’t know how to make it happen?  Have you made a show, performed it, and now don’t know what to do with it?

If you answered yes to one of the above questions then you should join Buddug James Jones and me for a dumbies’ guide to producing…the dumbies are us, not you!

I am a freelance producer and Buddug is a theatre maker/designer who has experience of producing her own work. We worked together on ‘Hiraeth’ which won the ‘IdeasTap Underbelly Award’ 2014, and Argus Angel Award at the 2015 Brighton Fringe, and ‘Best Production in the English Language’ at the Wales Theatre Awards 2015. The show has toured Wales, the UK and is heading to New Zealand this autumn.

We’ll be looking at budgeting, promoting, booking venues, finding income, etc . . . all the bits and bobs you have to think about when producing a show.

We are limited to 10 spaces and it’s FREE, so get in there quick!

If you think this will be useful to your work then email team@nationaltheatrewales.org by Friday 10th July at midday, answering these questions:

Who are you?

What is your project?

What do you hope to learn from coming along?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cyflwyniad i Gynhyrchu

Oes gennych chi syniad am berfformiad ond ddim yn siŵr sut i’w  wireddu? Ydych chi wedi gwneud sioe, ei berfformio, ond ddim yn gwybod beth i’w wneud nesaf?

Os ateboch ‘ie’ i un o’r cwestiynau uchod, dylech chi ymuno â Buddug James Jones a fi ar gyfer canllaw cynhyrchu i ‘dumbies’… y ‘dumbies’ ydym ni, nid chi!

Dw i’n gynhyrchwraig ac mae Buddug yn creu theatr/dylunio sydd gyda phrofiad o gynhyrchu ei gwaith ei hun. Fe weithion ni gyda’n gilydd ar ‘Hiraeth’, cynhyrchiad a enillodd y wobr ‘IdeasTap Underbelly Award’ 2014, y wobr Argus Angel yn y Brighton Fringe 2015, ac y ‘Cynhyrchiad Gorau yn yr Iaith Saesneg’ yng Ngwobrau Theatr Cymru 2015.  Mae’r sioe wedi teithio Cymru, y DU ac mae’n mynd i Seland Newydd yn yr Hydref eleni.

Byddwn ni’n edrych ar gyllido, hyrwyddo, bwcio theatrau, dod o hyd i incwm, ayyb… popeth sydd rhaid i chi feddwl amdanyn nhw wrth gynhyrchu sioe.

Dim ond lle i 10 sydd ar gael, AM DDIM, felly sicrhewch eich lle yn gyflym!

Os ydych chi’n meddwl y byddai hyn o fudd i chi a’ch gwaith, e-bostiwch team@nationaltheatrewales.org erbyn canol dydd ar Ddydd Gwener 10fed o Orffennaf, gan ateb y cwestiynau canlynol:

Pwy ydych chi?

Beth yw eich prosiect?

Beth ydych chi’n gobeithio ei ddysgu o’r sesiwn?

Rydym yn edrych ymlaen i glywed gennych chi!

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for An Introduction to Producing to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Devinda De Silva on June 24, 2015 at 3:43

You will need to be an NTW TEAM member to take part in this session. Joining is easy, click here

Attending (6)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service