Event Details

LITTLE N- By Kelly Jones - Rehearsed Reading

Time: October 21, 2017 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm
Event Type: play, theatre, rehearsed, reading
Organized By: Kelly Jones
Latest Activity: Oct 10, 2017

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Little N is a new one-woman show by Award Winning Playwright Kelly Jones, currently on The Bush Theatre's -invite only- Writers scheme. 

As part of Made in Roath I'm sharing the beginnings of a play about Aunties and Nephews- Inspired by my relationship with my own Little N. Based on my relationship with my Nephew and how the world views young women and the matriarchal figure of the 'Auntie' in 2017. 

Losely autobiographical. 

At the age of 15 i became an auntie and my life changed forever – i became part of the exclusive Little N Club! Funny and heartbreaking, this is a coming of age story about letting go and growing up.

Over the years i've noticed that in TV, Literature, Theatre and Film the role of the Auntie is an interesting one- She is often seen as the dowdy childless Matriarch and it has never felt true of my experience. 

Being an Auntie is my Favourite thing about me and with my Nephew quickly growing up and approaching the age i was when my sister had him- I felt now was the time to write about it. 
Come along! It'll be performed by the Wonderful Kate Elis- It's an hour long and there's a well stocked bar.

Written By Kelly Jones 

Performed By Kate Elis

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for LITTLE N- By Kelly Jones - Rehearsed Reading to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (4)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service