TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

Information

TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

A free National Theatre Wales TEAM event, open to anybody

An time for people to trade skills

Skills can be anything from your profession, such as photographer, to setting up Excel spreadsheets.

The event is designed to help us meet each other’s needs without spending any money. Eg, you translate my programme to Welsh and I’ll mix cocktails at your fundraiser.

Everyone knows that money is tight at the moment - especially people trying to do creative work. We are constantly being told that money is needed to make work, but getting hold of any is so difficult. We would like to turn the tide on this and get back to a culture where people traded for goods or skills, not money. To start this, we are holding an event where people can trade skills with each other with no money changing hands. Maybe you are looking to get your next shows programmes in Welsh as well as English but can’t afford to pay a translator. Or perhaps you are holding a fundraiser and could really do with someone to mix cocktails, but hiring a professional would cut into your donations. Well maybe you could trade your skills with another’s. You translate my programme and I’ll spend an hour mixing cocktails at your event. You win, I win, Art wins, no-one gets poorer!

On the day there will be a mix of people from all different creative professions with a whole host of skills to share.

Members: 66
Latest Activity: Sep 8, 2017

Discussion Forum

skill swap has a workout 1 Reply

This month's Skill Swap was held yesterday in Swansea as part of the TEAM workout.As useual everyone was surprised by how many skills they actually had ('Oh you mean someone might find a van driver…Continue

Started by Emma MacNab. Last reply by Lisa Wells-Turner Jul 9, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of TEAM Workout & Skill Swap to add comments!

Comment by Emma MacNab on February 13, 2017 at 5:20

If anyone is based near Cardigan, then have a look at the TEAM Workout and Skill Swap event happening on 4th May at the Small World Theatre. More info http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/team-workout-skill....

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on July 8, 2016 at 9:38
Roll on tomorrow's Workout & Skill Swap event at the Rhondda Bowl.  If anyone needs a lift from Porth station and hasn't told me already probably best to send me a text on 07985252784.  See you soon :)
Comment by Buddug James Jones on June 15, 2016 at 5:34

Hi all!

National Theatre Wales are looking for a group of men to be involved in an epic huge event taking place this summer.
If your male, 16-41 then look here- 
http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/…/performing-oppo…

It's be a great opportunity to develop skills in ensemble work and understanding of large scale work.

Deadline to apply is TUESDAY!

Thanks
Bud x

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on June 14, 2016 at 7:51

Next NTW TEAM Workout & Skill Swap will be in Tonyrefail on Saturday 9th July.  More details coming soon...

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on May 31, 2016 at 7:42

Hello again.  Just a reminder about NTW TEAM Workout & Skill Swap this Sunday.  If you have a project you want to work on, or are looking for something to get involved in, do come along.  We have a 'City of the Unexpected' theme this time round and it should be a blast!  More information here ...

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on May 19, 2016 at 8:23

Hey everyone.  New Workout & Skill Swap date of 5th June at the WMC.  Another to follow in July in the Valleys (Details tbc).  More info here - hopefully see you soon!

Comment by Emma MacNab on March 14, 2015 at 2:50

The next Skill swap is a week today in Bridgend! Looking forward to seeing how some projects have developed and seeing some new ones emerge on Saturday.

Remember to RSVP to team@nationaltheatrewales.org to let us know you're coming

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on March 13, 2015 at 0:27

Hi All,

The next Workout & Skill Swap will be taking place on 21st March in Bridgend!

For more information visit:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/ntw-team-workout-s...

Remember to RSVP to team@nationaltheatrewales.org to let us know you're coming

x

Comment by Emrys Barnes on March 5, 2015 at 10:18

Hi, I really enjoyed the last skill swap in WMC in Cardiff. Any idea when the next one in Cardiff or S Wales generally might be?

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on December 19, 2014 at 1:17

Newport and Cardiff Workout dates for the New Year are finalised!  Hurray!  17th January in Newport and 21st February in Cardiff.  Blog with links to Events is here - hopefully see you soon!

Members (63)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service