Information

Wales in Edinburgh

Are you part a show going to the Edinburgh Fringe?  Do you know of a show with Welsh connections going there?  If so why not join this group and post necessary info.

Members: 37
Latest Activity: Feb 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

MASTERCLASSES

I am now offering exclusive masterclasses in actor training, performativity, vocal coaching, technical theatre, directing and tutoring/teaching theatre and drama. Alternatively if you have a specific…Continue

Started by Daniel O'Gorman Jan 31, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Wales in Edinburgh to add comments!

Comment by Matthew Bulgo on September 4, 2011 at 0:57
Yes, great to hear Ben is directing it. Was at LAMDA at the same time as him many moons ago.
Comment by National Theatre Wales on September 3, 2011 at 10:59
Well done Lynn, congratulations on a strong and moving piece of work.  Matthew, really glad you liked Inspector Sands, as Ben Lewis, who directed the show is director and co-writer of our next show The Village Social!
Comment by Matt Ball on September 2, 2011 at 3:32

I've posted a blog about Edinburgh 2012 & an opportunity for a bursary here. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Comment by Matthew Bulgo on August 29, 2011 at 0:30
One more highlight:

If That's All There Is - Inspector Sands.

Wry and outrageous and hilarious.
Comment by Lynn Hunter on August 29, 2011 at 0:30

Back with all "Nine Suitcases" after the Edinburgh experience. A great week with a fantastic review from the publication "Three Weeks",not bad for our first attempt.Lots learned and a great start for Mercury Theatre Wales.!!!!!

Comment by Owen Thomas on August 28, 2011 at 20:21
A big thank you to everyone who came and watched 'Richard Parker' at C Soco. We had a truly amazing week with 4 star reviews from Fringe Review and The Scotsman topped off by a 5 star review yesterday from Broadway Baby. It gave us a huge confidence boost as we start work on a new project, so look out for 'The Monster of 63rd Street'.
Comment by National Theatre Wales on August 28, 2011 at 10:50

Great selections in the "Wales loves non-Welsh work too" category everyone.  I'd add The Animals and Children took to the Streets, and The Monster in the Hall to my list.  The first was supremely pessimistic about the world and anyone's ability to help anyone else, but done with such glee and visual creativity that you enjoyed every moment. Monsters, by contrast, was a joyful, very funny, and beautifully observed doo-wap of a hymn to all who try to help their fellow humans.  I loved the social worker who was determined to show the world that 'leaflets are important' and the Swedish thrash metal single mum who takes a chance on internet love.  Also David Leddy's Untitled Love Song was a lyrical, sensual piece of theatre that even smelled good!

Comment by Amelia Forsbrook on August 28, 2011 at 10:30

A more-than-hearty chunk of my festival highlights have been from Welsh companies, confirming the fact I'm clearly living in the right place.

In the genuine words of an English friend after Friday's Dark Philosophers, 'Well done Wales!' Thanks all for a thoroughly enjoyable couple of weeks and I look forward to seeing more top-notch Welsh theatre on more familiar ground.

Comment by Terry Victor on August 28, 2011 at 0:41
Back home now. The non-Wales-related show that lingers strongest is Minsk 2011 by the Belarus Free Theatre. A dignified howl of anguish. I cried. 
Comment by abdul shayek on August 24, 2011 at 23:37

Hey Buddug

I did come along to The Observatory when I was up there last week, didn't catch Kitty Litter.  Sounds like you have alot to cram in for the rest of the week, enjoy.

A

Members (36)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service