Information

Editing my father

“Editing my father” is an art project by Jorge Lizalde

Members: 41
Latest Activity: Jun 19, 2014

Hello, let me introduce you my new project

“Editing my father” is the provisional title of my new project.

It is an evolution of a project I have been developing, “Home”, which is an archive of videos, family pictures, holidays slides and documents that were collected when my family home was emptied to be sold.

This new stage will focus on the hundreds of my father’s slides that I came across whilst emptying the house, which nobody has touched since his death twelve years ago.

The process of revisiting these images will set up an inner conversation between me and my deceased father – based on his photographic knowledge and mine, as well as through his (photographed) memories and my actual ones.  The conversation will result in a series of different pop-up/spontaneous and mobile slide-projections, which will pay tribute to him as a father and an amateur photographer.

More info or to follow find us on Facebook or Wordpress

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Editing my father to add comments!

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on June 19, 2014 at 5:51

Next 25th of June will be the opening at Ffotogallery (Turner House) of the group exhibition "At Home He's a Tourist" where Editing My Father will part of.  Hope to see you there.

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on March 14, 2014 at 11:32
Comment by Jorge Lizalde on July 20, 2012 at 0:30
Comment by Jorge Lizalde on July 6, 2012 at 3:55

Eureka!! I found that primary picture.  New post, http://editingmyfather.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/eureka/

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on June 25, 2012 at 22:58

First mission accomplished! The editing will start next.  But for now new post, Et Voila!

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on June 24, 2012 at 7:15

Sorry, long time haven't updated the blog.  Here is the next post,  First Mission Nearly Accomplished .  Any comments, suggestions & points of view are welcome.

Cheers!  

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on February 3, 2012 at 1:44

New post added today, Don't be shy, Guille! 

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on December 17, 2011 at 1:38

Shaking Boxes as Maracas , new post added.

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on November 10, 2011 at 13:34

Some geographical clarifications,Garripinillos, no San Mateo , new post at "editing my father"

Comment by Jorge Lizalde on November 8, 2011 at 15:03

Thank you Gary, all my pleasure you are enjoying the journey.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service