RSC Open Stages - Jam Bones production of Troilus & Cressida

Information

RSC Open Stages - Jam Bones production of Troilus & Cressida

I have written a version of Troilus & Cressida, to be staged in March 2012 as part of the RSC Open Stages competition. Chosen plays will be shown in Stratford. Please join if you'd like to be involved

Website: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158332134249479
Members: 38
Latest Activity: Aug 27, 2013

Every amateur group in the UK was invited this year to apply to perform a production as part of the RSC's Open Stages competition.

A number of these productions will then be invited to perform at the World Shakespeare Festival in Stratford in 2012, performing alongside professional Shakespeare productions at the RSC.

All productions must be performed by an amateur or community group, defined for the purposes of this project as a group run by volunteers, and whose participants are volunteers.

I have written a version of Shakespeare's Troilus & Cressida, which I intend to stage in March 2012. It has already won through the first round of the competition. The RSC will be present at the production in March, which may be in Cardiff and/or Merthyr, and it is my hope that the work will then be taken to Stratford.

My version of the play places an emphasis on spoken word i.e. performance poetry, although there are also many sections of prose. Those of you who know the play will realise this is not so different to the original, which was written in both poetry and prose.

I am now inviting expressions of interest from anyone wanting to take part in the play. Interest does not equal commitment, at this stage.

Actors/performance poets for the (many!) roles, as well as technical support, are needed.

Whether you have lots of experience or none at all, you are warmly invited to get involved. Enthusiasm, interest, and a willingness to learn are all that's required.

Needless to say, this project potentially offers great benefits to all who take part - not just the opportunity to, possibly, perform on an RSC stage, but also learning through workshops and skill shares, as well as good fun, and a great thing to put on your CV at the end of it all. 

Please email me at: mabananajones@gmail.com if you would like to know more/take part. My first step will be assigning the various roles, so please let me know if you are interested in trying out for one of these.

For more information, see: http://www.rsc.org.uk/explore/projects/open-stages/taking-part.aspx

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of RSC Open Stages - Jam Bones production of Troilus & Cressida to add comments!

Comment by Scott Patrick on November 2, 2012 at 14:22

Hi, would like to get involved with this, eager to do a bit of Shakespeare. Here is a showreel/monologue project which shows some of my acting ability if  you are interested...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M2Idu7ZxcY

Thanks,

Scott 

Comment by Leonie Emma Lokier Jones on November 26, 2011 at 3:39

hey hey, I'm an actress who's just moved to cardiff, I've just finished a macbeth and love shakespeare. I would love to be involved if your still looking for people. when would you start rehearsing

Leo

Comment by Mab Jones on September 8, 2011 at 5:19
Yes! I do! Great stuff!! :-)
Comment by Glesni Price-Jones on September 4, 2011 at 7:17

Hi,

this sounds like a lot of fun. Im a stage manager, if you need one. 

Glesni 

Comment by Mab Jones on September 1, 2011 at 13:18
Comment by Mab Jones on September 1, 2011 at 6:11
Cool! Can you email me, so that I have your emails, please - mabananajones@gmail.com Ta v much!! x
Comment by Frank Thomas on September 1, 2011 at 5:39

hey just to say i'd love to get involved i just graduated from a performing arts and theater studies course so if u want me im here

Comment by Mab Jones on September 1, 2011 at 4:09
Great!!! :-D))
Comment by Kelly Jones on September 1, 2011 at 3:29
count me in hun:)
Comment by Mab Jones on September 1, 2011 at 1:31
If you are on Facebook, please join the event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158332134249479

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service