A modern adaptation of 'A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens

Jacob Marley is written as a ruthless 'excellent man of business', a man who just wants to watch the world burn and laughs at the flames he has lit. Cruel to his wife, he plays games with the lives of Bob Cratchitt, Emma, and Scrooge. A mentor to the latter, Jacob wants to create Ebenezer in his, Jacob's, image.

Having lied to bob about the cheating of Bob's girlfriend with Ebenezer, he returns to his flat not knowing that Emma had overheard. Emma lies in wait and after an argument proceeds to murder Jacob with the help of Jacob's wife Lisa who catches her in the act.

We cut to seven years later. Ebs (Ebenezer) is married to Emma, her relationship with Bob having been destroyed by Jacob. They have a child but Ebs is becoming as self-destructive as Jake Marley and faces losing everything.

A reluctant Jake returns to offer Ebs a chance of salvation, but Jake is now more reflective. He demands to know why he, Jake, was never offered this chance of redemption, why Scrooge was chosen and not he. He rages against...the cosmos? God? The Spirits?
A unique opportunity to portray one of the most underwritten bad guys in literary history. Accept the challenge! Play Jake Marley, throw your heart into the role and bring Jake to life.

Auditions at the Gower pub, Cathays on Sunday 19th Oct at 2pm, or let me know what night you are available - Monday 21st or Tuesday 22nd? at 7pm 

Views: 322

Replies to This Discussion

Are there any age ranges for the character?
And when would regular rehearsals be? I'd love to audition if I can!

Are you looking for actresses too?

If you're looking for actresses I would be very interested.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service