Here is the discussion board for Façade by Crashmat Collective, which we went to see on the 15th of October 2014 at Aberystwyth Arts Centre.

You don't have to have been a part of this evening to join in with the discussion! 

Chinwag away!

Views: 160

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say the whole experience was incredible from the very start to the end. From the very moment you walked in the performance was a go and you were showed to your table and asked if you wanted a drink, then began all the performers walking around to introduce themselves. One of the aspects which I love about the performance was the fact you heard what they were thinking, it was very real in a sense because everyone thinks, not always about what is happening at that moment. Then the circus part...Now this was incredible! The one part that stood out for me was the dude that was balancing on the 4 padded poles. You could see the intense effort that was happening at this very moment. The shaking? This really made me think that he is making it look easy but you could see that it wasn't. I loved that after all the acrobats happened we didn't have to wait till after to talk about it, we could all just talk there and then which was so different and I thought this really made the whole performance more believable that we were in a restaurant. Saying that the moment they interacted with you everyone on the table fell silent. It wasn't because we felt awkward but I guess in a sense we were giving them a sense of time. This whole idea had taken them about 4 years to set up and by not listening to them felt selfish. It didn't matter when it was either, I remember eating my main course and the dirty dancing scene began and I stopped and paid full attention to the spectacle that was taking place. The ending was everything I wanted it to be, I wanted to see chaos, I wanted to see a mess. It was all so clean and well presented and to see them all turn into kids really felt perfect. The food was incredible, I would happily sit through it again and again. I absolutely adored this performance! Well done everyone that was involved. 

This performance really was something special. I personally found that the mixture between eating and having a performance at your table was very exciting! At some points the acting was a bit iffy but they made up for it with the brilliant tricks they did. I loved how they interacted with us on a very one to one basis which at some points was awkward which I really enjoyed. It felt like a real restaurant! Loved it!!x

I really enjoyed the whole experiance, I have never seen anything like it I found it exiting and spectacular. I found that eating in a sociable environment gave a thicker atmosphere, and set the whole theme of acting differently in a public place clear and understandable.
I personally enjoyed the performance so much..I liked the way it was a mixture between a restaurant and a circus. I found the circus movements were mind blowing and it has really made me want to increase my physical ability. It has inspired me to take my abilities further. I loved the way the waiters reacted to the audience in many different ways because It showed a variation,I felt that at times it was very chaotic which was personally too much as I would be eating at the same time,other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it,and I would definitely watch more of their performances

I found the performance to be very unique in the way that I had never seen anything quite like it before, the way that it was set up as a Restaurant was really clever, it felt so realistic with the certain atmosphere of everyone talking at their individual tables, and not having to sit back and watch what was happening on stage in silence.

This is why this performance stood out to me, because I felt involved, there was such a variety of communication with the performers and the audience, having the audience in such a mixture of emotions, I found myself being in hysterical laughter at some points and completely blown away in other aspects of the performance, this mainly being because they used such magnificent mind blowing circus and physical work that I had never been able to see close up before, it was amazing to see how much effort and hard work they are putting their bodies in, yet they did it with such ease. You tend to find yourself as an audience member seeing circus work from far away, so you are not able to see the struggle and tension within the body e.g.- The man balancing on his arms with both legs in the air- I felt myself being fully drawn in within the action, I could see his body shaking, this was something really great because it shows the audience that no matter how could the physical work is and how good a mover they are. that it is all about the strength and believing within themselves and what they are capable in doing, as there were many moments where I thought to myself, that he was definitely going to loose his balance and fall over, yet he took control and impressed me immensely. 

Over all this performance was great fun, the food was absolutely amazing and delicious and it had me in excitement throughout! amazing work! and hope to see one of your performances within the future. 

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service