• Claire Roberts
  • Anja Conti

Maria Morancho's Groups

Maria Morancho's Page

Profile Information

What I do:
Film & Theatre Director - Awards nominated - Freelance
A little more about me:
I am determined to make visible women's point of view through film and collaborative art.
Interested in new writing, modern take on classics and experimental collaborations. Drawn to a feminist socio/political discurse. Professional expertise: Meisner/Method/Stanislavsky; Collaborative mixed arts and representational issue led experiments.

Recent film credits:
'MERCY': First feature film in Development/pre-production - Writer/Director, supported by ACW, Ffilm Cymru Wales, Bath Spa University, you?
'Mercy'(2014) Writer/Director - Short film funded by ACW, FCW, TT, Filmmercy - soon to start Festivals run.
'Women in Pregnancy'(2012) Co-producer-co-director,ACW Creative Steps funded.
'Webbed'(2012) Writer/Director - Short film Awards nominated at many International festivals.
'Thief of Sounds' DM Davies award's runner up. (1998)

Theatre:
'There is a field' by Jen Marlowe (2010) Director - Reading for Global Theatrical Call for Action.
'Shadows' by J.Davies (2009)- Director - Became Sherman's Script Slam November's Winner.
‘Women Circle’ Collective devised/produced/directing for Permanent Waves International Women Festival
‘Blind’ (Raw Visions Festival),Coproduced/co-directed/perform.
'Sticks & Stones' dir Lyall Watson (Collectively devised) touring UK/Spain, performing at the House of Commons!

Trained/worked originally as actress(ENT/Spain & RWCMD/UK) in film, Multimedia performance, devised theatre, new writing.
I performed and assisted in projects directed by renown international artists: Enrique Vargas (First everLabyrinth’s Wales tour); Meredith Monk ('Sound House' CPR Wales tour); Geddy Aniksdal (Greenland Friteater, 'The Perpetual Sound...), Patricia Ariza (La Candelaria) , Jill Greenhalgh (Magdalena Project in Wales).
Projects I’m working on:
Pre-producing/Developing First Feature Film 'MERCY'

'Mercy' short film: A child's take on mother's love, lone parents, mental health, adoption and custody battles.
(To be released to festivals soon)
Funded by the Arts Council of Wales, with the collaboration of Ffilm Cymru Wales, Tres Tornillos, Woman Making a Difference, Filmmercy Ltd and Morancho Films.

Developing multimedia play:'Stolen Country' based on real stories of Palestinian citizens collected by Jen Marlowe.

TV sitcom:'The Creatives' by John Gradwell
Personal Website/CV:
http://www.mariamorancho.com/
Twitter @username:
@MariaMp44

Maria Morancho's Blog

MERCY

I have been watching this community quietly but have not contributed much in the last two years. Here is the reason:

MERCY

One daughter - Two mothers…

Continue

Posted on October 26, 2014 at 5:39

The Freedom Theatre needs your help

THIS IS A SERIOUS EMERGENCY. PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN AND MAKE WHATEVER CALLS YOU CAN.

- Zakaria Zubeidi's safety must be guaranteed

- Zakaria Zubeidi's whereabouts must be revealed

- Reasons for revocation of amnesty

- Protest completely unprovoked and unwarranted attack on people associated with The Freedom Theatre

Action:

Call PA President's Security Office +970 599000011 Call or email Michael Oren, Israeli Ambassador to US - 202 364 5500…

Continue

Posted on January 3, 2012 at 2:58

Putting your 'work' where your mouth is: Appeal for support to Freedom Theatre and Palestine.

It appears the situation is not getting any better. I fear that the international respond to the killing of Juliano Mer-Khamis has alerted Israeli forces of the Freedom Theatre 'connections' with outside political powers through 'acting' forces. As a result the army must have been instructed to do their upmost to try to silent its voice and kill their work with Jenin youths. Theatre has the power to bring the conflict again to the front page. This power should be put to action by waking up…

Continue

Posted on August 22, 2011 at 13:45

Working with Actors

WORKING WITH ACTORS: ONE DAY DEMO

THE ATRIUM, CARDIFF

Saturday 11 June 2011

CB4 Atrium Theatre

10:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Following popular demand from latest workshop on Meisner Technique, we have arranged for a demonstration given by Stephen Bayly with the help of two Meisner trained actors, on the basic principles of Sanford Meisner, as amplified by Mamet and others, as a tool for directors to learn to work with actors, and for actors to achieve a…

Continue

Posted on May 3, 2011 at 11:06

Comment Wall (5 comments)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 5:36 on September 8, 2011, Aleksandra Nikolajev Jones said…
Hi, Maria you look great on this photo! Look forward to see you again! Kiss all your guys from us.xx
At 1:51 on August 23, 2011, Kelly Jones said…

Heya Hun :)

was lovely to meet you too! have just ordered the book on amazon it was only 2p! what a bargain! I'm gonna get working on my 'B' piece for the made in roath festival in october and then i'm gonna get it ready for Norway! Would love to meet soon and discuss ideas etc. Ive also phoned Wales Arts International about funding am just awaiting a reply

x

At 4:52 on August 16, 2011, Stephen Bayly said…
Hola. Bienvenudo en regresada. Tenemos que formar un grupo de Meisner en este sitio. ¿No? Abrazos.
At 3:28 on March 29, 2011, stuart rodger said…
hey maria,stuart rodger here if your still needin me for tomorrow give me directions, as i will be getting the bus through from swansea,07528004863
At 8:25 on May 28, 2010, Matthew Bulgo said…
Hi, I saw The Exquisite Corpse a couple of years ago. I found the production and style intriguing and gripping. Love to hear what are you working on now. Love to know what's next! MM
Hi Maria

Thanks so much for your very kind message about The Exquisite Corpse which you posted on the True/Fiction Theatre wall. So very glad you enjoyed the show, and it'd be great to hear any specifics in terms of what you particularyl appreciated about the piece. We are in the process of concocting some ideas for forthcoming projects, and any details will of course be posted on our group. Keep an eye out, and please do keep in touch.
Matthew

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service