Newport Artists, Performers and Creatives

Information

Newport Artists, Performers and Creatives

A group to encourage Newport Artists, Performers and Creatives to create an art scene.

Members: 46
Latest Activity: Jun 9, 2021

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Newport Artists, Performers and Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Gareth Clark on July 21, 2011 at 7:38
It's on .....Friday 22nd July at the Old Bakery, 4 Commercial Road, Newport. An artist social with a little light cabaret and head bending nonsense. Doors open at 9pm....be there by 10pm if your coming and please remember this is a private house, so there are no signs, just ring the bell and give Dave £2. There is a small bar and you can bring your own booze....so economically sound! We are celebrating.......
Comment by Gareth Clark on June 29, 2011 at 23:53
Going to see Tin Shed's Taxi tonight at the Riverfront ....anyone else?....could have a pint after?????
Comment by Gareth Clark on June 29, 2011 at 23:53
We have had no real success in finding another space for workshop type activity as yet and but thanks to those who responded - well to George. Anyway we are putting on a night of performance and fun at the Old Bakery and we wondered if anyone wanted to get involved. It is a small space - Cabaret type venue but intimate and we think fun. I keep saying Fun...is this doing it for anyone...fun....is it? We are aiming to produce a Cabaret of sorts...odd bits of work and anything anyone wants to contribute. There is a screen, DVD and projector and a PA system. Some sort of random Bingo or surrealist quiz would be good fun. Anyway if you are in the mood, wanna do something or just come to watch we are looking to do this on 22nd July from 8pm. All to be confirmed.

Let me know your thoughts ...it gets lonely out here on our own, pretending to be horses.
Love
Gareth

www.mrandmrsclark.co.uk
Comment by Gareth Clark on June 27, 2011 at 22:53

22nd July .... the Old Bakery ....something happening.

Want to get involved?

Comment by Gareth Clark on June 14, 2011 at 4:19
Well after a mighty launch to our workshop experience...things have gone a little flat. After beating out some tunes, grunting in time and moving to the sounds of a scratch orchestra in free flight....the momentum is sadly lost as the Riverfront has no space in their busy Arts Centre for us....well except Saturday Afternoon...which could be fun(?) or using a smaller less well suited space not really designed for the type of shenanigans we like to get up to. So any alternative suggestions please. Where could we continue the madness and would you be up for it if we did?

Answers on an email to you know who.
Taxi at the end of the month looks mighty.....we should all check it out!

GarethX
www.mrandmrsclark.co.uk
Comment by Gareth Clark on May 28, 2011 at 0:41
Good point....next one in Madrid?
Comment by judith martin de hevia on May 27, 2011 at 22:14
hello!! i would love to go to the worshop but i´m a bit far!! have a good dance!! see you!!
Comment by Gareth Clark on May 27, 2011 at 21:39
I am running an open workshop for anyone who would like to get involved in the Riverfront Dance Studio on Tuesday 31st May 2011. It is from 6-8pm and is loosely based on Rhythm, Music and Movement, although this may change completely. I am working on some new ideas based on participation and performance and is the first of a series over the next few months. Please let me know if you would like to attend, just so I have a rough idea. Everyone is welcome, no musical skill or performance experience needed...just a willingness to have a go!
Comment by Gareth Clark on December 16, 2010 at 22:03

We are in the Old Coral Bookies Shop.....Gwyrdd....Friday 17th December.

Comment by Gareth Clark on December 16, 2010 at 22:02

It's snowing, it's -3, and our 1988 Citroen AX is going nowhere. But we are walking into Newport and the Continuous Cabaret will happen in some form or other today. If getting there is safe for you it would lovely to see you there....but if not put on your favourite song and sing it loudly and have a little cabaret of your own.
Many thanks to all who attended Wednesday's event at the Den...much fun!
xx

Members (46)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service