Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Philip Rapier on January 12, 2010 at 10:01
Auditions will be held at Chapter in February for the Everyman Open Air Theatre Festival- July 2010 at St Fagans. Unpaid but exciting opportunity for actors singers and techies to work with professional directors. These are open auditions for Much Ado About Nothing, H.M.S.Pinafore, Winnie the Pooh and Gair am Air* (*A Welsh Language Production) Please follow the link to the Everyman Theatre Website to obtain your audition form and book a time.
Comment by samantha anderson on January 4, 2010 at 21:31
Hey does anyone know of any opportunities to join theatre.
Comment by Catherine Morris on December 17, 2009 at 1:33

Torch Theatre Company presents
Pinocchio
written by Peter Doran and James Williams
directed by Peter Doran
designed by Sean Crowley
Cast include:
Pinocchio - Russell Clough
Freddy the Fox - Tom Cullen
Felina the Cat - Catherine Morris
The Blue Fairy - Buddug Verona James
Geppetto/MC/Ravenelli - Mike Neary
Lampwick/Cricket - Jake Norton

Jimminy Cricket! Now here’s a magical adventure for Christmas!

All manner of wonders emerge in this wonderful version of the classic childrens’ fantasy story. Brought to life in Geppetto’s magical workshop this fun packed show full of music, magic and laughter takes us on a fairytale adventure to meet Stromboli the puppetmaker, talking crickets, a mysterious gypsy and boys who turn into donkeys! Then we’ll be swimming underwater, where there’s a shark with an amazing appetite ….. but we’ll have to keep our wits about us – or we may end up inside a whale! Can you even begin to imagine that?! This little puppet has a big heart, and a veeeery looooooong nose and you can help him learn what it takes to be a real boy.

This Christmas, let us take you to a place where dreams come true!

Public Performances
December
Saturday 19 at 7.30pm
Monday 21 at 7.30pm
Tuesday 22 2.30pm

Tuesday 22 7.30pm (Santa at 7.30pm performance) SOLD OUT!

Wednesday 23 at 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Thursday 24 2.30pm (Santa at 2.30pm performance) SOLD OUT!

Monday 28 at 5.00pm
Tuesday 29 at 7.30pm
Wednesday 30 at 2.00pm & 6.00pm
Thursday 31 at 2.30pm

January
Saturday 2 at 2.00pm & 6.00 pm

Tickets: ₤12.50 (₤8.50)
Family Ticket: ₤36.00
Space: Main House
Comment by Ieuan Watkins on December 16, 2009 at 5:42
Thought I should join the Actors' group, as I was taken on by an agent last year after she saw me in a semi-pro production. Was it a new dawn?
Comment by Laura Jeffs on December 9, 2009 at 8:09
hello, i was just wondering about auditions for the shows next year - I have heard about a couple of them through Spotlight, but was just wondering if the details were going to be posted on the social network for any of them?
Comment by Nathan Keates on November 12, 2009 at 20:27
Ludus Ludius is casting for its new long-form improv production that will play monthly on Wednesdays @ The Gate Arts centre. 'Harold' came all the way from USA to Cardiff just to make us feel good. The 'Harold' begins with one suggestion from the audience. A duo fully explore the suggestion through scenes and games, creating stories, characters and relationships that eventually weave together seamlessly, all from a theme that derived from the audience.

Interested in starting fully improvised performances, get in touch... nathan@ludusludius.co.uk
Comment by Gemma McAvoy on October 26, 2009 at 1:06
Interestingly, whilst John is on the look out for Valley's actors, the valleys are being branded as the "Heart and Soul of Wales" in a three-year marketing campaign". Here is the link to the story on the BBC website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8324832.stm
Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 24, 2009 at 2:19
Are you a Valleys actor? Would you like to workshop a potential new show? I am looking for 4 actors - two male, two female, various ages, to workshop ideas for a new project, including some short semi-improivsed performances for invited audiences. The workshop runs from November 6-11. The six days of work will be paid at NTW's standard actors' rate and will include some work on Sunday and evenings. I can't tell you much more about the project here, as it's all secret till after our Programme Launch on November 5, but if you are interested, send your CV and a note to Hannah Bevan (not to me directly as Hannah is much more efficient than I am) here on the network or at hannahbevan@nationaltheatrewales.org (Or attach your CV to your profile on here and just send Hannah a message to let her know you are interested.) Please note that because of the improvisational nature of the workshop, you need to have a strong sense of Valleys language and accent. We will be casting this from CV rather than auditions. If the workshop leads to future full production, actors who have been in the workshop will be offered auditions for any appropriate roles. Cheers, John (ps I will send this as a message to everyone in the actors group too.)
Comment by Katie Elizabeth Payne on September 29, 2009 at 2:46
check out www.electricpicnictheatre.co.uk. Hope everyone is well x
Comment by Stacey Daly on September 8, 2009 at 4:39
Hey - just wanted to let you know that we are fast approaching our production week!

"The Censor" opens next Wednesday 16th September and runs till Saturday 19th September (performances at 8pm)Chapter Arts Centre.

Tickets are selling fast so book now to avoid disappointment!

We hope to see you there.

Best Wishes
Stacey

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service