Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on May 13, 2010 at 5:31
Casting Update

It will soon be time to send out casting breakdowns for ‘Love Steals Us From Loneliness’ and ‘The Dark Philosophers’, both of which will be cast through a similar process to our opening trilogy of shows. In the meantime, however, we thought it would be good to update our actors’ group about casting for our summer productions, which have all been fairly unique in their casting requirements.

‘For Mountain Sand and Sea’, opening June, features five performers who have been ‘curated’ by the production’s artistic director Marc Rhys. A mix of live artists, visual artists and movement artists, they will bring a very different kind of performance to life.

‘The Beach’ is an interactive game experience for audiences, developed with Hide and Seek. The process of development for this project involves a series of ‘game designs’ as we test out what the audience experience will be. We are still not quite sure whether the roles in this piece will be for actors playing parts, or more for ‘facilitators’ helping the audiences through the experience. We expect to know exactly what’s needed in the next couple of weeks.

‘The Persians’ directed by Mike Pearson involves a mix between the kind of ‘performance curating’ used for Marc Rees’s show, and some more conventional casting. We’ve been looking through all our records of actors to recommend people to Mike as part of his unique process and we hope that the list of artists involved will be completed in the next few weeks.

Breakdowns for ‘Love Steals Us From Loneliness’ and ‘The Dark Philosophers’ will be posted here in the next couple of months. We expect to start casting during the summer.

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting back to auditions and then rehearsals for Love Steals Us. J
Comment by Kenon Man on April 29, 2010 at 5:15

“When the shit hits the fan, you don’t run, you don’t choose something or someone else. Love means you’ve already made your choice.”

After an extremely successful sell out run at Chapter, Llwyth [tribe] is currently on tour througout Wales. Check out www.shermancymru.co.uk for more details!

Comment by Alan Humphreys on April 22, 2010 at 22:28
Hi, this was originally a blog post, just spreading the word for Tony:

Twelfth Night Production...Viola where are you?

Hi folks. In the last weeks of July this year I am directing an open air production of "Twelfth Night" for CWMPAS Theatre. We shall be performing the play at Tredegar House , Newport, during the week 18 - 24th July.

Unfortunately we have lost our Viola, no, we haven't just mislaid her temporarily ! Is there anyone out there who might be interested in auditioning for the part ?

If so, why not give me a ring on 01443 690457 to have a chat. If I am not available, then just leave your number and I'll get back to you

Hope to hear from you

Tony Thomas
Comment by Mansel David on March 9, 2010 at 13:51
E-mail: mansel.david@lineone.net
http://www.actorsandwriters.org/mansel.david
Comment by Mansel David on March 9, 2010 at 13:49
I'm looking for help with any Dublin or Irish contacts to help promote my performances at The James Joyce Centre, Dublin, from 3rd to 8th May 2010, of "Take Desire Away", my new solo piece about the poet A.E.Housman. My e-mail is
Comment by Stacey Daly on February 15, 2010 at 5:43
Hey,

After it's successful run last year at Chapter Arts Centre, Faction Collective transfer their production of Anthony Neilson's, 'The Censor' to the Theatre Royal Bath (Ustinov) this March (Thursday 18th - Saturday 20th).

If you missed it last time round, come check it out!

'The main question is whether The Censor is a valid artistic proposition or simple perversion, but the point is that you decide for yourself by drawing your own boundaries' (SOUTH WALES ECHO)

'We can’t help feeling that the Faction Collective are onto something with their thread of plays, which jolt their punters into on-the-spot moral decisions usually reserved for boorish pub flippancy. We look forward to seeing what comes next.' (THE SPROUT)

Join our Facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?v=info&ref=ts&gid=455747800155

Cheers
Stacey.
Comment by Mansel David on February 13, 2010 at 13:17
Hi! I'm about to start the final week of rehearsals for a new play - a world premiere, in fact - "Heidegger's Shadow", in which I play 'Martin Heidegger', which opens on 23rd at The Courtyard Theatre, Hoxton, London N1, and runs for four weeks. So, I won't be getting home again to Wales for a while. But, if anyone's in London and is able to get along, please do come and say hello! Check out:-http://www.offthepage.org.uk
Heidegger is considered one of the most important philosophers of the 20th Century, but he was also a card-carrying Member of the Nazi Party; a famous Lecturer and a Lothario (married to an Anti-Semite, whilst having an affair with one of his young Jewish students, Hannah Arendt) - something for everyone! Hwyl, Mansel.
Comment by Mansel David on February 13, 2010 at 13:05

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on January 21, 2010 at 23:34
Hello everyone. Just a quick note to see what projects people are planning for the Summer? After graduating from the Lecoq school in Paris I'm moving back to Wales from June until October and want to get the professional ball rolling, so to speak. Drop me a message for C.V's headshots or even just a chat! Kris.
Comment by Robert Harper on January 17, 2010 at 23:35
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say hello as I'm dearly looking forward to getting back on the acting horse after a break of a few years.
Up for it all!
Rob

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service