Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Kenon Man on August 19, 2011 at 3:04

Sherman Cymru is looking for a:

• Theatre Manager / Rheolwr y Theatre
  • Creative Learning Associate / Swyddog Cyswllt Dysgu Creadigol

Please visit :

http://www.shermancymru.co.uk/jobs/

http://www.shermancymru.co.uk/swyddi/ 

For more information and to download an application pack/form.

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on July 25, 2011 at 21:40

This is my first comment on this page, in fact on any page . . . so hello everyone!

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I can't wait to see Shock n Awe and Fragments of Ash in Edinburgh they both look really interesting!

I am, also, taking a show to Edinburgh called Tim and Light which is by the children's theatre company I work for as Assistant Producer called Tucked In.

The show is a new story written by the Artistic Director, Hal Chambers, and devised by the company. It is a beautiful new fairy tale told through playful physical theatre and intricate puppetry!

Tucked In burst onto the scene with Jackajack, which toured the UK between 2007-09 and gained them sell-out audiences and 5 star reviews along the way. They return with a new magical adventure suitable for the whole family. Combining an original ambient soundtrack and memorable puppets, Tim and Light is a story of courage that that will warm the hearts of young and old alike. 

Think Coraline meets Hayao Miyazaki’s gorgeous animated films (Spirited Away) meets the macabre atmosphere of a Tim Burton graveyard!

The show is in the middle of its UK tour having toured places such as the Lyric Hammersmith, Exeter Northcott, Glastonbury and Latitude and soon to visit the Lowry, the Tricycle, and many more venues.

It would be really great to see some of you there and get some feedback about the show!

Its on at the Pleasance Courtyard, Above from the 5th to the 29th of August at 12.30pm (except Tuesday 16 and 23) and you can book at: http://www.pleasance.co.uk/edinburgh/events/tim-and-light--2

Hope to see you there! 

Sarah Jane x

Comment by Terry Victor on July 21, 2011 at 8:07

Congratulations to Shock n Awe.  I’m looking forward to seeing the compressed Muscle being flexed in Edinburgh.

Now, to ramp up the excitement, let me tell you where Notional Theatre is at.

I’ve just got in from rehearsals for Fragments of Ash which is on at the Bute Theatre next Tuesday and Wednesday (26th & 27th) at 9pm as part of the Cardiff Festival Fringe. Those two performances are sneak-previews for a 3 week run on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe: August 5th to 27th at Venue 13.

Fragments of Ash has evolved from the work-in-progress performance in Monmouth earlier this year: ‘...the excellence and the beauty of the piece is very strong.’ (Michael Kelligan, Theatre Wales). ‘...an absolutely brilliant new play’ (Chris Ryde, Savoy Theatre). Now the play is revealing itself in surprising detail.

If you are off to Edinburgh this year we hope to see you up there. If not we’d be proud to have you in the audience next week.

Fragments of Ash work was developed with a small project grant from the ACW. For Edinburgh, Notional Theatre has a co-production partnership with Murder on the Menu. And now, with guidance from Nick Davies, the ACW have awarded us £28,000, one of the biggest grants of the past few years. We are planning two tours – Autumn 2011 and Spring 2012 - in association with Hijinx Theatre.  

For the creative team, writer/director (me), composer/musical director Gareth Wyn Griffiths and choreographer Kylie Ann Smith, the funding is a huge vote of confidence. Our cast is truly remarkable: Jordan Bernarde, Clêr Stephens, Robert Harper, Lisa Zahra, Janine Cooper-Marshall and the voice over of BBC Wales’ Jamie Owen.

To get to this point many many people have held our hands in ways practical, financial and emotional: they are all named in the show’s (free) programme.

Fragments of Ash is a political drama about mothers and war that blends physical and narrative theatre to a stunning original score. Do come and see it if you possibly can.

Comment by john norton on July 12, 2011 at 23:55

Watusi Festival Sep 2nd - 4th 2011

Call for Submissions

Watusi Festival are seeking submissions in Theatre/ Dance/ Circus/ Cabaret/ Comedy/ Film/ Performed Arts

for this year's festival. We will be programming a diverse performance arts space and welcome proposals from established and emerging practioners. You may offer an existing piece, or a new work. We are looking for some work for younger audiences, and some with workshop content. Apart from that the brief is wide open. The performance tent is 60ft x 40ft and has a blackout and a 6 metre high aerial rig. Equally work could take place outside the space.

If you are interested please write a proposal of no longer than 1 side of A4 and send links to or images of up to 3 previous pieces of work

send to John Norton giveitanam@gmail.com

or Olga Kaleta olga_ina@hotmail.com

deadline for submissions July 31st

Watusi is a renewable energy music and arts festival in South Wales – now in it's second year

http://www.watusifestival.co.uk

Watusi Arts Space is funded by The Arts Council of Wales

Comment by Terry Victor on May 5, 2011 at 5:29

Hi All
the fundraising has begun. Please share this link http://www.sponsume.com/project/fragments-ash with everyone you know who you think might know someone who knows someone who knows someone who might have a few bob to spend on the arts. The rewards are more than aesthetic!

Thanks, Terry

Comment by Jay Smith on February 25, 2011 at 7:57

Hi Guys & Girls

I am looking for playwrights (U27 where possible) with written scripts for a small cast of people... 5 cast would be great... Less can be worked with.

I need something ASAP for the LOST theatre one act festival ..... Can anyone help? or know of anyone? 

The prize would be having your works performed by my company of artistes @ LOST theatre, London for four nights in august.

email me - jay@lxtheatrecompany.co.uk

Thanks

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 23, 2011 at 22:34
Script in Hand this Sunday 7pm at Chapter - The Media Point. Tickets £5
Comment by Gary Knowles on February 23, 2011 at 6:16

South Wales Theatre Collective

Are seeking a Lighting Designer for their up and coming production at Chapter Arts Centre.

Ariel Dorfmans Death And The Maiden.

The show dates are from 23rd March Until 26th March 2011.

This is an unpaid , expenses paid position as project is self funded and therefore would probably suit somebody in the Cardiff area .

Link to website is attached.

http://www.deathandthemaidenplay.co.uk/

To find out more then please e mail me on knowlescrew@aol.com

Comment by National Theatre Wales on February 17, 2011 at 13:21
DIRECTOR REQUIRED FOR UNUSUAL STAGE SCHOOL

Disability Arts Cymru has been running the Unusual Stage School since 2006. All the company members have either a physical or sensory impairment, a learning disability or are people with mental health issues, and are drawn from across Wales. The company does not meet on a regular basis but when an opportunity arises. For example the USS has performed at the Unity Festival at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff for the last two years.

We have received funding from the Legacy Trust UK to run projects across Wales as part of the celebrations for 2012. We are currently looking for a Director to create a piece of work for up to 8 principal actors, to be performed by the Unusual Stage School at Sherman Cymru, Cardiff, in May 2012. There is no set theme, we are open to your ideas of what would be an innovative and exciting piece of theatre, either devised or working from text, to be performed by this unique company.

Experience of working in the field of disability arts would be desirable. Fee dependent upon experience.

If you have the vision, passion and energy to match our ambitions we would love to hear from you.

Please send your CV and a letter outlining your vision for the piece, including process, content / theme and aesthetic. We also request a letter of support from an arts professional or a reference from a company you have recently worked with. We welcome applications from creative collaborators e.g director and writer/ dramaturg.

Closing date: Friday 25th February 2011 Interview: 11th March 2011

If you require further information about the USS please contact Disability Arts Cymru at the address below.

DAC is committed to equality of opportunities and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Charity Number 514083.

Disability Arts Cymru Sbectrwm, Bwlch Road, Fairwater, Cardiff CF5 3EF Tel: 029 2055 1040 Email: post@dacymru.com www.dacymru.com
Comment by Teifi Emerald on December 28, 2010 at 9:10
Hello,

I am looking for a Production Manager to work with me on a piece of theatre being performed in February.
The production is called 'Dance Beast, Voice Monster - Mooing from the Soul' and is a solo show using physical theatre, song, dance big hats and monsters.

http://actsofbeauty.co.uk/wordpress/dance-beast-voice-monster-mooin...

This is a voluntary position, so ideal either for someone who wants experience, or for someone who has experience but wants to get involved anyway!

I am also looking for crafters and costume makers who would like to create some monsters with me - please do get in touch!

If you are interested, please contact me on 07977245055 or info@teifiemerald.net - you're welcome to call just to find out more if you like.

Best wishes
Teifi Emerald

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service