Information

Dirty Protest

Dirty Protest are dedicated to producing, developing and promoting new writing and the writers of Wales. We create exciting inclusive new theatre experiences to thrill audiences and extend the reach of new writing across Wales. We put gigs on in pubs, kebab shops, forests...

Dirty Protest are Matthew Bulgo, Branwen Davies, Claire Hill, Catherine Paskell, Tim Price

Members: 280
Latest Activity: Jul 7, 2019

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Dirty Protest to add comments!

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on August 20, 2009 at 22:18
Naomi Alderman, a writer who works very much with interactive & participative system and the web is coming to talk to us about her work on the 4th September at 11.30am.
We would like you to also have the possibility to meet her.
We have enough room to invite 5 more people so please contact me and let me know if you are interested, it will be a first come first served base, so see you soon! m
Comment by Sarah-Jane Broderick on August 3, 2009 at 4:39
Hi there.

I'm looking for creatives interested in a possible theatre project.
I am one half of JazzCakes, a relatively new art collective. At the moment we're looking to find empty spaces, shops, galleries etc to use to put on exhibitions and collections of new and interesting talent. We're looking into gathering a group of actors, set designers, writers etc to put on a piece of theatre, maybe with the possibility of touring through Cardiff using empty spaces.

Might sound a bit wooly at the moment, it's all quite new but if you have any questions or if you're interested please contact us!

jazzcakes@googlemail.com

Sarah-Jane
Comment by Jon Tregenna on July 26, 2009 at 0:16
Excellent night last Thursday. Thanks to all involved.
Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 24, 2009 at 1:40
A grand evening again in the Yurt. Well done to Roger for spot on curating, to Steve and Lee for lovely work on the tiniest stage in town and of course to the fantastic writers, including my Welsh teacher Angharad!! Helen Gfiffin's gag about Coldplay will live on in my mind for a while! And what fantastic actors Wales has!
Comment by Kit Lambert on July 24, 2009 at 1:00
Sorry I didn't make it along last night guys but hope it went really well. I'll be sure to be around for the next lot of dirty yurting. Kx
Comment by steve fisher on July 24, 2009 at 0:14
a big thank you to Roger for inviting me to direct half of last nights 6 readings, and a special thanks to the actors who were fantastic. I really enjoyed the writing, very varied, very good and a few real surprises (the pain of the carousel characters will live with me for a long time). Thanks also to Ellie and the rest of the Dirty Protest gang - it was my first time in Milgis Yurt and it was quite an experience! i look forward to the next one.

steve
Comment by Nicola Lean on July 23, 2009 at 23:35
Wow! Had a fantastic night last night at Dirty Protest. Well done to all involved such great ideas and fantastic talent. Can't wait for next months! Congrats!

Nic x
Comment by Ellie Carter on July 22, 2009 at 1:57
It's tomorrow night everyone...first come first serve...

DP x
Comment by Laura Jeffs on July 6, 2009 at 0:31
Hi there - i was just wondering if you ever had auditions for actors to be in any of your performances??
xox
Comment by steve fisher on July 5, 2009 at 22:55
Helo pawb
looking forward to working with you all on the upcoming event - it'll be my first time in the yurt!

Members (274)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service