The Village Social - NTW15

Information

The Village Social - NTW15

The evening's delights include entry into the raffle, a refreshment of your choice and a depraved orgy of blood.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw15
Members: 83
Latest Activity: Feb 23, 2012

Check out some of the production images from the show in the gallery below.

Photo Credit: Farrows Creative/National Theatre Wales.

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Village Social - NTW15 to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 20, 2011 at 12:16
A slightly more eventful first preview than we planned - with a fire alarm stopping the show (a lot of the audience really did think that was part of the script) and an audience member fainting (nothing to do with the play, but a lot to do with a very hot room).  We had to stop twice, second time for almost half an hour - but the cast and crew did brilliantly, the audience member is well and resting, and pretty much everyone was able to stay to the end and give a rousing curtain call to everyone involved. Congratulations to everyone involved on great professionalism.  Would be good to have a little less reason to improvise tomorrow though!
Comment by Carys Eleri on October 19, 2011 at 11:19
Well, we had a lovely night going through everything for tomorrow's first village social. What a hoot, the hall is looking gorgeous thanks to me - Yvonne. And fair play - everyone's pooled together under Lawrence's fabulous organisational hand. Lisa Jen's artwork is still a bit of a wonder to me. Dave is on it for the security - and last I saw Jean, she was scrubbing away and unblocking a few u-bends.... And I'm sure I heard little Dion and his quirky friends give their own rendition of ging gang golly-golly-gooly wish wash outside sometime....
Comment by Catrin Rogers on October 19, 2011 at 4:38

Finally caught up with the Catherine in rehearsal with some of our young performers - a truly talented and dedicated group of teenagers from Penygraig.

Great fun watching her teach them games to help develop their expression, and talking to Miranda from Valleys Kids about the other projects they're working on. 

Short, cold evenings are much more fun with a group like that!

Can't wait to see them in action when we come to the SOAR centre on Tuesday - break a leg, guys*!

* Please don't break a leg.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 18, 2011 at 11:20
Great to see the show in tech today.  A fast and tight tech session with lots of laugh out loud moments as the full costumes finally revealed themselves!  Extraordinary underwear galore!
Comment by Carys Eleri on October 17, 2011 at 11:01
Today, we the Cae Bach committee had a run through for the upcoming event. lisa Jen made wonderful stuffed chicken thighs. Jean made her signature dish - a spanish tortilla. I, Yvonne - provided a wonderful salad and Lawrence rounded it all off with Bretton Cup cakes... Dave provided much musings and dion enjoyed the fruit of the feast.
Comment by Ben Lewis on October 17, 2011 at 5:42
The slash curtain and the pagan wreaths are up. The Cae Bach banner lies in wait on the stage. A heated exchange is taking place about the ideal placement of the mirrorball. A trombone - valves freshly oiled - plays in the dressing room. Someone is considering their second cupcake. Through the enormous glass wall clouds roll above the fields of Rudry. A theatrical storm is approaching...
Comment by Matt the Hat on October 17, 2011 at 5:34
Loving the updates Cai & Tes
Comment by Dafydd Huw James on October 16, 2011 at 22:32

So today we leave our home in the WNO building and are off to Rudry Village Hall for production week. My left-over chinese take away is packed. Am still excited after the rehearsal on Saturday when the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place. Looking forward to seeing Cai and Tessa's design and costumes underneath Colin's lights. We also seem to be blessed by the most patient, hard-working yet friendly production team. Perhaps, however, their wrath is yet to be unleashed. Let the madness begin...  

Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 14, 2011 at 23:50
Everyone looking forward to tech week, previews and opening over the next few days.  I missed Friday's runthrough as I've been in Warsaw, but heard that it is all pulling together well.  Lots of visual stuff is under wraps to keep the surprise element of the show for audiences, but if we don't win some kind of an award for best decapitated dog in Wales I'm going to be very upset!!
Comment by Cai Dyfan on October 14, 2011 at 23:37
11.33 saturday morning, WNO rehearsal room. All is good.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service