The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

Information

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

One of the most important political stories of our time - Bradley Manning, the US soldier accused of leaking thousands of military cables to Wikileaks - brought to life in this award-winning production by the UK's most exciting new national company.

'A viscerally exciting piece of theatre' (Guardian).

**** (Daily TelegraphIndependent on Sunday, TheArtsDesk.com, Western Mail).

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning was first staged across Wales in April 2012 and will be remounted at the 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. 

See the show at: 

Pleasance at St Thomas of Aquin's High School,

Chalmers St, Edinburgh EH3 9ES

6th - 25th August 2013

Members: 98
Latest Activity: Aug 3, 2018

This group is here for people interested in, involved in and affected by the play The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning. Join in and contribute as we develop the play further and re-stage our artistic response to his story, and his relationship with Wales. 

You can read a blog post by TIm Price on why he wanted to tell this story here.

Click here to see our Storify Story of tweets and other content around the first staging of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning.

We're updating a Storify Story around the 2013 remounting, and you can see that here.   

----------

This play is a fictional account which has been inspired by a true story. The incidents, characters and time lines have been changed for dramatic purposes. In some cases fictitious characters and incidents have been added to the plot, and the words are those imagined by the author. The play should not be understood as a biography or any other factual account. 

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#NTWBradley Twitter feed

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on December 15, 2011 at 23:45

Adam Butcher's short Bradley Manning Had secrets which uses chat room logs at text is worth a look.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on December 15, 2011 at 13:08

Looking at Bradley's Pembrokeshire website again Tom - which you've linked to below.  A couple of interesting things i noticed this time - the link to the Hutton report on the 'suicide'  of David Kelly - accused of course by the UK government of leaking classified information.  And the announcement of the debut album of Bridgend band Funeral for a Friend whose music we listened to a lot when we were working on Gary Owen's Love Steals Us From Loneliness #NTW07

Comment by Tom Beardshaw on December 15, 2011 at 12:53

The Guardian have posted a great article about The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning, with interviews with both Tim Price and John McGrath

Comment by Tom Beardshaw on December 15, 2011 at 6:27

You can still find an archived version of the website Bradley Manning made for Pembrokeshire here

Comment by Tom Beardshaw on December 15, 2011 at 3:48

Bradley Manning's pretrial begins tomorrow - and on Saturday it's his birthday. There will be a lot of news about him tomorrow. I'm working on the Multiplatform design for the show, and I'll be sharing some of my ideas in the weeks and months to come. In the meantime, I thought anyone interested in this show would appreciate this video about his personal life.

Comment by Matt Ball on November 29, 2011 at 8:59
hi Alecsandra,
If you send me a direct message with your phone number i'll have a chat with the productiin team & give you a call to discuss it.
Matt
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 29, 2011 at 22:19
very interested in this production
Comment by Tom Beardshaw on September 28, 2011 at 23:55
Hi folks. I'm working on the show's digital side, and I've created a page where I'm posting some of the key articles on Bradley Manning, and I'll keep it up to date with new stories as they emerge - follow this link: Bradley Manning Stories

Members (95)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service