NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Information

NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Inspired by the lives of disabled and Deaf people – poetic and provocatively funny.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw20
Members: 69
Latest Activity: Aug 22, 2012

Live From the Rehearsal Room

Watch the second in the series of Live from the Rehearsal Room live casts with Director @john_ntw and writer Kaite O'Reilly. 

If you're having problems viewing the broadcast, please visit our uStream Channel.

Broadcasting live with Ustream

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless to add comments!

Comment by Lucy Davies on July 10, 2012 at 10:02

is it a prototype director who stares at nick and makes all his lines flow freely forth?

(nick, i adore your blogs here: open and gorgeous and beautifully written)

Comment by Jacqui George on July 10, 2012 at 9:47

Ive just finished a prototype, of what exactly to be revealed in rehearsals tomorrow....

Comment by Lee John Davies on July 9, 2012 at 22:52

Hey guys,

If you haven't noticed yet but Kym Epton and Myself have been going around filming the pre-production process so we can all see how the show is progressing.

Here is the full version of the Meet and Greet which took place at the Sherman Cymru.

In Water I'm Weightless - Meet and Greet (Day 1)

More videos will be uploaded frequently.

Hope you all enjoy.

Comment by Nick Phillips on July 9, 2012 at 12:44

Hello all.  Thought I'd drop a quick personal update before I.......Well, you dont need to know what I'm going to do next so I'll just get on with it! 

We are now into doing some run-throughs (so far) of the performance and it all seems to be going swimmingly..... which is quite apt for the name of the peice.........Anyway.....  I keep finding myself in the position of being sure I know my lines until John (The Guvnor) is watching me and then I cant think of not only what line is next but not being able to recollect any singular line that occurs in the whole script. I stumble on my first and the the whole thing tumbles around my head gathering panic and famous lines from Hollywood movies.............I think I'll call it Directoritus!  I do hope there is a cure for it out there, otherwise I'm going to have to rely on the script of The Godfather part II......"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone"..Eeek that aint from I.W.I.W!

Working with Catherine (she with the freakishly LONG arms) on the movement has been an absolute scorcher. As well as working with PULSATING, ATTACK and MOVING AWAY I've also found my inner feather Boa and I dont think it's ever going to leave me!  On the subject of arms..... Dave recently found out that HIS arms are of AVERAGE length....... The disapointment was written all over his face bless him.  It's ok mate we still love ya!

Today in rehearsal I got whacked in the leg with a bottle of water we are using as a prop..... I know it doesnt sound like much but it brought me to tears!.....I just looked and I dont even have a bruise as evidence of said whack!  I'd just like to say a Dbl thanks to Sophie who gave me a Dbl Lvly hug (or CWTCH as we say in Wales) which made me feel a lot better.... I just looked again, and I still dont have a bruise!!!!!!

Rightio I gotta finish ere......, I know it seems like I'm finishing this comment mid-tangent but I've just noticed the time n I have to go do that thing what I said you dont need to know about!.... I diddnt even get on to my costume which is (so far)  some shiny shiny suit trousers teamed with a lovely laced back vest....!!!!!!.........I Promise to write more real soon

So by for now me Dalns............ Lv n stff n nonsns   NiCk XxX

Comment by Nick Phillips on July 9, 2012 at 12:09

"I never knew Bees noised"

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 5, 2012 at 12:40

Thanks Gwawr. Now Bradley's led the way with livestreaming there's not stopping us!!  x

Comment by Gwawr Loader on July 5, 2012 at 11:30
Loved the live interview! Great idea - looks like the show will be full of humour and personality - ideal! Good luck with the rest of rehearsals and looking forward to seeing the show! Enjoy !!x
Comment by Elise Davison on July 5, 2012 at 10:58

Hi Guys

So excited to see the development of the piece! Sorry I haven't been in touch earlier - had a baby! Looking forward to catching up with everyone soon.  Enjoy!!

Big love

Elise

Comment by Jacqui George on July 4, 2012 at 20:08
Yesterday was a day of live chat, lavish costumes, large balls, and luminous projection. What is in store today....
Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on July 4, 2012 at 3:24

Further notes on being the Mrs Malaprop of British Sign Language when working with Jean St Clair bilingually on:

http://kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/the-mrs-malaprop-of-br...

Members (65)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service