Information

NTW03: The Devil Inside Him

This is the group for The Devil Inside Him: official tag: NTW03
View all blog posts about The Devil Inside Him

Members: 77
Latest Activity: Feb 28, 2011

Discussion Forum

The Devil Inside Him (audience opinions) 5 Replies

I thought this production had many strong aspects. Fantastic set design and stunning visuals combined with excellent performances from a great cast!Unlike some of the audience on Press Night I was…Continue

Started by Iain Goosey. Last reply by Kirsty Sedgman Oct 21, 2010.

Live results for ntw03 around the web

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW03: The Devil Inside Him to add comments!

Comment by Chris Duff on February 24, 2010 at 15:02
I have received a very strange email from bintu4one at yahoo dot com who claims to have accessed my profile on this site.

FYI
Chris Duff
Comment by Robert Harper on February 3, 2010 at 5:57
Tom, love the fact your doppelganger on Facebook is Neil Hannon from the Divine Comedy. Good taste.
Comment by Tom Beardshaw on February 3, 2010 at 4:53
Comment by Chris Duff on January 29, 2010 at 15:23
Reply to Carys Shannon:
Hi Carys,

As an excellent introduction to the play, you should acquire the book "John Osborne Before Anger", published by Oberon Books in 2009. ISBN 978-1-84002-903-1. This book has the play published for the first time and gives a fascinating background introduction to its history.

It is interesting that the NTW is presenting the play in Cardiff exactly 60 years after my father Patrick Desmond and his wife, Stella Linden, premiered the play in May 1950 at the Theatre Royal, Huddersfield. Sadly, this lovely old theatre no longer exists.

I can be reached at chris.duff3@sympatico.ca.

All the best, Chris
Comment by Robert Harper on January 27, 2010 at 23:17
Just a cheeky question regarding casting for this. Has it been fully cast as of yet?
Comment by Chris Duff on January 25, 2010 at 12:54
Not so much a discussion as a look back to the origins of "The Devil Inside Him". Osborne was about eighteen when he started to write the play. He showed it to his acting colleague, Stella Linden, and she took him and his play in hand and helped him re-write it in 1949 when he was twenty. Stella Linden directed the play when it was premiered at the Theatre Royal, Huddersfield in May 1950 and also played the part of Dilys. The play was billed as by John J Osborn and Stella Linden.

How do I know this? Because I was there. Stella Linden was my step-mother! I have a photocopy of the programme.

Chris
Comment by Victoria John on November 19, 2009 at 0:19
This is so exciting - can't wait to hear more about it and see it next year!
Comment by Tom Beardshaw on November 12, 2009 at 12:32

Members (71)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service